Menu

S/O So, what is on your answering machine?

What does your home answering machine say? (or main cell phone)  

1. 1. What does your home answering machine say? (or main cell phone)

• Automated
    • Quick and to the point "this is the Smith's, leave a message"
    • Clever/Cutesy adult voice
    • Clever/Cutesy kid voice
    • Whole family
    • Phone/no machine or No phone/no machine
    • Buisness message-home buisness
    • other

"You have reached xxx-xxxx. We can't take your call right now. Please leave a message."

That's it. Short and sweet.

ETA: One time I spoke French and said basically the same thing in French. It totally freaked my mother out, so I changed it. LOL.

Ria

It's the generic voicemail lady alien voice saying "You have reached <stunted phone number recitation>" and then something about leaving a message. No idea what it is, I never leave messages at home. I actually rarely leave messages at all. Everyone I know has caller-ID. They know if I've called.

ETA: On my cell, which I have always used as my business contact, it says "This is Angela XX. I am unavailable to take your call right now, but please leave a message and I will return your call when I am able."

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

I have the basic "You've reached 555-5555, we can't come to the phone right now... please leave a message."

But... I am so tempted to use this one to chase away my family and friends who call during school hours and want to talk forever:

"Hi, you've reached ____ Academy. If you've called between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm, school is in session. Please leave a message and I will return your call after 3 pm. Thank you!"

Uncle Chuck does the voice over on our phone. It's traditional and professional sounding and throws off people who don't know his voice. lol He does threaten to add, for my dd's benefit, "if you are a teen age boy please hang up and do not call again." :lol: