Menu

Can anyone tell me what this movie is?

Mid 1990's horror (maybe sci-fi) that has dog that is infested by some kind of alien or something. Black arms come out of the dog and then the black stuff engulfs it and then it explodes. There are people in haz-mat (space?) suits and somehow the alien or what-ever it is gets inside the suits and then the people explode and it shows black stuff on the inside of the face mask. This black stuff also comes out of drains?

The scene with the dog is apparently very similar to the dog scene in the 1980's The Thing. My kids saw the scene in The Thing and it reminded them of this movie that they might have seen on cable in approximately the mid 1990's. My kids were about 4 or 5 when they saw this other movie so they don't remember much and it's not ringing any bells with me.

Anyone know. or know some way I can look it up?

The Thing??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

there are a couple versions of it.

I think this in fact the movie they are talking about but now we will have to rent it to make sure as it is driving us all crazy. Did you happen to see this movie? They said the opening scene is a woman driving in a car, on a road, and then she stops at an abandoned apartment building. This was the version I was talking about and I do not remember any cars or roads or apartment buildings in it. Everything else fits though so I am thinking that maybe they have merged the memories of two different movies. They were very young when they saw it. Thanks.

I think this in fact the movie they are talking about but now we will have to rent it to make sure as it is driving us all crazy. Did you happen to see this movie? They said the opening scene is a woman driving in a car, on a road, and then she stops at an abandoned apartment building. This was the version I was talking about and I do not remember any cars or roads or apartment buildings in it. Everything else fits though so I am thinking that maybe they have merged the memories of two different movies. They were very young when they saw it. Thanks.

welllll, i watched it yeeeeears ago, but that sure sounds like it. Not the opening scene tho:

http://www.dailyfilmdose.com/2008/10/thing.html

i'd go w/ "they merged the two" and let them [try to] prove me wrong when they are ld enough to [maybe] find the actual movie.:D

The movie "The Thing" from the early 80's takes place entirely in a research station somewhere snowy, I think Antarctica. There are no females in the movie at all.

It is a VERY scary, very gross movie. There is indeed a dog in the beginning that gets taken over by the alien, and turns inside out, or something similar. It's been many years since I've seen it, so I don't remember that part clearly. I do remember the man's chest opening up and snapping off the doctor's arms while he performed CPR, though. And the guy whose head oozes off, grows spider legs, and crawls off.

Michelle T

The movie "The Thing" from the early 80's takes place entirely in a research station somewhere snowy, I think Antarctica. There are no females in the movie at all.

It is a VERY scary, very gross movie. There is indeed a dog in the beginning that gets taken over by the alien, and turns inside out, or something similar. It's been many years since I've seen it, so I don't remember that part clearly. I do remember the man's chest opening up and snapping off the doctor's arms while he performed CPR, though. And the guy whose head oozes off, grows spider legs, and crawls off.

Michelle T

:eek: :ack2:

I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight...

:leaving:

Ok, it is not The Thing and it is not Alien 3. Anyone else know of a movie with an exploding dog. The dog is a rot weiler, pit bull or maybe doberman. The is also a floating head with octopus legs crawling up a peaked roof. Someone please help. This is consuming way to much thought in our house.

That sounds like a possibility. I certainly never watched that but I guess it is possible they saw part of it on cable at their grandma's or uncle's? I will show them the description and see if it rings any bells. Thanks.

here's a pretty thorough description, but includes some foul language....

http://www.1000misspenthours.com/reviews/reviewsa-d/chud.htm