Menu

I Know I Should Be Happy

I got word this afternoon that my precious FD will be returned home in less than a month. I know I should be happy, but I can't stop crying. That is all.

:grouphug:

One of my dear friends is a foster mom. I know she has felt your pain. Thank you for serving that dear little one from your heart.

I was young when I heard someone say to my mom, "I don't know how you stand giving them up when they leave." My mom replied, "The day that it stops breaking my heart to lose them is the day I should never be a foster mom again." I learned a lot from that. Most of it I didn't completely understand until I was a mother myself. It expressed such beauty about who my mother really was. Keeping loving those kids. The heartbreak is worth it.

We were foster parents to dd2 for 18mths. It was the hardest time of our lives. Wishing that her parents would pull their lives together, mixed with terror for her if the did! It is such a strange emotional place to be when you are a fp. I have never wanted something so much for someone, and at the same time been afraid it may really happen.

We always said it is like a roller coaster emotionally, but knowing that the person ahead of you was going to throw up periodically. You just never know if it is going to hit you or not!

Blessings to you and your family for giving her an incredible year of love and strength.

As a fellow foster mom who has seen quite a few come and go, I want to reach out and extend my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you. Fostering is a tough job to take on....there are so many ups and downs....but I hope you take solace in knowing that in the short time that you will have shared with her you have undoubtedly made a significant impact and she will likely carry her time with you in her heart for the rest of her life. God bless you for loving on His wounded and neglected little ones. You are a blessing to her and to many!

May God's peace be with you and your family,

Lisa