Menu

Am I missing something - where was Obama's mom???

Darn spry 92 year old, that one. She cracks me up. And Joe looks so much like her, it's a little eerie sometimes. I'm glad nothing happened and she was able to be there. Much shorter trip than the DNC, that's for sure.

It just occurred to me that I hadn't seen her. I also didn't see Barbara Bush, or anything of Laura except the side of her head.... you'd think I was multitasking or something.

The gramma of the hour was Michelle Obama's mom. She put all the older people to shame. She looked strong and pretty :)

I KNOW!!!!

Isn't she beautiful?

I see where Michelle Obama gets it from. Of course, I am in the camp who thinks Mrs. Obama is beautiful and elegant and strong and incredible . . . so that's where I'm coming from.

I KNOW!!!!

Isn't she beautiful?

I see where Michelle Obama gets it from. Of course, I am in the camp who thinks Mrs. Obama is beautiful and elegant and strong and incredible . . . so that's where I'm coming from.

I read an interview with Reader's Digest (both she and Cindy McCain took part). I think First Lady Obama is an EXCELLENT role model for young girls. She's worked very hard to get to where she is today (besides being First Lady, I mean).

Cindy McCain, while an excellent person, would've been an unwilling role model at best. I'm glad McCain lost, more for Cindy than anyone else (yes, yes, historical, etc, and I voted for Obama, but I mean, I'm glad he lost vs. glad Obama won, IYKWIM). The whole thing was tearing her apart.

I read an interview with Reader's Digest (both she and Cindy McCain took part). I think First Lady Obama is an EXCELLENT role model for young girls. She's worked very hard to get to where she is today (besides being First Lady, I mean).

Cindy McCain, while an excellent person, would've been an unwilling role model at best. I'm glad McCain lost, more for Cindy than anyone else (yes, yes, historical, etc, and I voted for Obama, but I mean, I'm glad he lost vs. glad Obama won, IYKWIM). The whole thing was tearing her apart.

I know what you mean about Cindy McCain being a little bit shy of the spotlight. I think that's why I admire her. She isn't looking for accolades, she just does her tons of humanitarian work quietly without fanfare. She probably would have been a little hesitant.

I think Michelle Obama is a beautiful, accomplished lady. I'm excited to see what she will bring to the first lady's role. I'm sure it will be fun to watch her and her 2 girls travel and represent the USA around the world. What a fascinating time for them!

I didn't vote for Obama, but, I do love the unity I sense right now in the US and I love the excitement and hope that is in everyone's eyes. I really hope that people take that to the next level and take on some responsibility for bringing the country through this rough time. It's not all the politician's responsibility. I'm praying for President Obama. I know that he really does have the best interest of the USA at heart.

I know what you mean about Cindy McCain being a little bit shy of the spotlight. I think that's why I admire her. She isn't looking for accolades, she just does her tons of humanitarian work quietly without fanfare. She probably would have been a little hesitant.

I think Michelle Obama is a beautiful, accomplished lady. I'm excited to see what she will bring to the first lady's role. I'm sure it will be fun to watch her and her 2 girls travel and represent the USA around the world. What a fascinating time for them!

I didn't vote for Obama, but, I do love the unity I sense right now in the US and I love the excitement and hope that is in everyone's eyes. I really hope that people take that to the next level and take on some responsibility for bringing the country through this rough time. It's not all the politician's responsibility. I'm praying for President Obama. I know that he really does have the best interest of the USA at heart.

Dayle, how refressing your words are. Thank you for posting this.

From what little I've read (Cindy McCain doesn't do many interviews), she outright hates the spotlight. I am a Republican, this is the first election I've crossed party lines. I like Cindy McCain, but she would have been miserable in the spotlight for four years. She is an incredibly decent, good lady and gives of herself freely, but she sincerely does not want the spotlight. I identify with her in that respect, I hate being the center of attention. That's one of the reasons I voted how I did. It seemed cruel to force her to become a 'social butterfly' especially considering her 'welcome' to Washington the first time around.

It just occurred to me that I hadn't seen her. I also didn't see Barbara Bush, or anything of Laura except the side of her head.... you'd think I was multitasking or something.

George HW and Barbara Bush atteneded, and they looked very cute in their matching purple scarves. :)