Menu

Plane crashes into the Hudson River

I think it is a complete miracle that no one was injured in that plane crash. It brings tears to my eyes.

Story

Yep, I found my emotions flooded as well in thanks to the One Whom I know performs miracles! I can only imagine the wealth of thanksgiving flooding through the hearts of all those passengers/crew.

Edited by Sharon in SC

Just received a call that a member of our church was the scheduled pilot. However, the pilot's name has not been released as I can see, but he was on the manifest to be the pilot. I live in the Charlotte area and we have lots of pilots and crew that attend.

Thank you Lord!!

Oh, by all means, do let us know if he was the pilot. Clearly, whomever the pilot was, he had a powerful "Co-Pilot". :D

My husband flies in and out of Charlotte a lot. I am so glad no one was injured. Totally a miracle.

My dh is not flying today, but when I heard "US Airways Flight 1549 has crashed intot he Hudson river" my heart just sank. I memorize my dhs flights when he is scheduled to fly and I can just IMAGINE someone listening to the radio or TV, knowing that flight number and that their loved one was on it. :( Made me almost cry.

Thank GOD they are all alive.

I just checked my email and there was an email from a friend this afternoon saying "please pray, DH's plane just went down in the Hudson River, I don't know anything more yet. Pray." And then later an email from a mutual friend saying that he's okay - uninjured and coming home.

I'm sitting here so grateful that I am not having to go wake up my husband to tell him that a friend is dead, that his beautiful children are without a father, that his wife is a widow. I didn't even know he was in NY and wasn't worried at all about anyone in particular on the plane - just because I live in Charlotte, really what are the chances a friend would be aboard? It seems so bathetic, but I am just feeling very blessed.

I just checked my email and there was an email from a friend this afternoon saying "please pray, DH's plane just went down in the Hudson River, I don't know anything more yet. Pray." And then later an email from a mutual friend saying that he's okay - uninjured and coming home.

I'm sitting here so grateful that I am not having to go wake up my husband to tell him that a friend is dead, that his beautiful children are without a father, that his wife is a widow. I didn't even know he was in NY and wasn't worried at all about anyone in particular on the plane - just because I live in Charlotte, really what are the chances a friend would be aboard? It seems so bathetic, but I am just feeling very blessed.

Aw, Dana, hugs to you! Wow. Good news, indeed.

I'm glad you didn't see the first until the second was there, too! So scary. *shivers*

Chelle

The pilot, Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger III is a hero. The skill and expertise he had to land the plane on the Hudson (which is a pretty choppy fast moving river!) is amazing. Unbelievable.

Any lesser pilot may not have been able to control that plane. The rescue crews and the ferry pilots and all the boats captains in the area are all heroes too. New Yorkers are calling in Miracle on the Hudson.

It was an absolute miracle and the pilot and co-pilot are heros, for sure!

It's amazing to me, but, on the news this morning they were already talking about how lawyers are talking to passengers about filing a lawsuit!!! :confused: The anchor basically said that if that starts happening that people will be very upset. After all, they walked away from this potentially deadly situation.