Put up laundry ✔️

Training for church ✔️

dinner with friends

read some more Thomas Merton ✔️

make fridge oatmeal for week. ✔️

Edited by lauraw4321
  • Like 7

Good afternoon! 

We went to church and worked in the Kindergarten room. It was move-up day, so it was a new experience for the kids. We are in the classroom and then join the bigger kids in a huge room. They all did great, though. 

We got groceries after church. We'll have dinner for the kids and their SOs and play some games. 

• Like 5

Hello!

Oldest did not come home after all, wants to spend his final full weekend there before being home for good next week. 

So, today is:
...coffee
...trip to Lowe's for stuff for DH to work in the kids' bathroom

...watch Olympics - women's foil semifinals are on in about an hour
...finish up the quilt       ***I was good, and I finished it!***
...decide if I'm going to do a "100 Days till Election" countdown block-a-day quilt or not
...if yes, make today's block 
   **Decided no on this**
...dinner is ribs (DH is doing in the oven, too gross outside) w/potato salad & pasta salad - I'll make the sides
...maybe some other decluttering
...put together the stick vac I bought at Lowe's for my classroom - Bissell featherweight corded vac, which will help immensely in cleaning my rug and possibly be easier than sweeping (I will probably keep it in my car and carry it in/out vs. keep it there to be used/abused by the church)
...lunch
...nap
...probably that's all

Happy Sunday!

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 5

Home from church. Bonus, got a quiche leftover from teacher training.

Not exactly sure what all is happening today, except math and thinking ahead on this week. Need to marinate flank steak to be for dinner. 

Amy, so sorry!!! Water stuff is awful. Praying you can find good  people to help do remediation and that the costs will be manageable! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ugh I just accidentally deleted a whole long post about all the stuff I have to do before our trip.

Some things just aren't meant to be.  😛

I'll just re-list today's to-do's:

• Yoga etc.
  • Shower & hair wash.
  • Kids' online college stuff.
  • Lots of client work - reviews, reports, and invoices that are due on or before 7/31; filing; whatever else gets done.
  • Figure out car / van logistics for this week's work/appointments + Saturday's airport arrival.
  • Set up my work email to be viewed on my phone.
  • Set up holds / delayed deliveries so we don't receive mail/packages at home while we're gone.
  • Make sure we'll all have international plan on our phones for the trip.
  • Check-ins for the cruise; make sure we have the best internet available (needed for work).
  • Send photos to someone who requested them.
  • Pay the Spanish teacher for 5 lessons.
  • Any other bills etc. that I'm forgetting at the moment.
  • Eat veggies, take vitamins, drink water.
  • Walk the dog.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Like 6

Dh is annoyed that I am working not-silently in the living room, where he wants to nap. 🙄

Duh, dude, we have a bedroom… and an absent kid’s bedroom available… and a lazy boy in another room. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

@mom31257hope your water issue is able to be fixed easily

hot weather here we could use some rain

took pup for outside time early. Then had a private lesson with her and the trainer we used earlier. We will go again next week. I’ll have to train myself to use the clicker more. Ordered more treats especially ones that are smelly - more motivating for pup.

need to find different route next week we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic due to road work on a major highway and people going south from their cabins lots of boats and campers Time to look at back roads.

water garden later this evening

talked to friend who just finished radiation treatment 30 visits. I think she just needed an ear to listen. 

watch Olympics 

finish watching the beekeeper 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today is tackled.  Whew!

I thought it was going to be tougher, but ds woke himself at 6am, got his bed stripped and sheets in the wash, ate and got dressed, and hung out until it was time to go. We stopped at the grocery store, bought sandwiches (and way too much candy from the clearance aisle).  Made it to the meeting spot without issues, and then trekked the 2 hours to camp.  An hour of that was getting to the bridge a few miles away, yuck.  DS was absolutely pleasant and PRESENT, talking and chatting about things he saw on the side of the road.  Of course it helps that a replica Jurassic Park vehicle kept pace with us for about 10 miles. 🤣

I made a detour on the way home to stop by Lakeshore Learning.  It was absolutely huge!!  I didn't get much but I did take the time to savor it. 

I got home about 4:30, driving past the miles and miles of cars still trying to cross the bridge going the other way.  And now?  Now I do nothing until dh comes home.

• Like 5

Got everything done on the list except haven't touched the quilt. :sigh: I blame the Olympics for this one - we missed the semifinals, but then were able to watch the finals of Women's Foil and Men's Epee, so there went the quilting time. Oops. 

The ribs are getting their final touch, we'll eat dinner, and then I will either quilt or do something else while the guys video game. I *should* quilt. We'll see if I do or not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, I was good *and I finished the quilting* on the quilt! 

I need to trim & bind, but that's tomorrow or Tuesday. 

And I decided no, I do not want to make a 100-day election count down quilt, not when I have other projects waiting in the wings that I'm excited about. So now, video games of my own while the guys do theirs. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Okay, I was good *and I finished the quilting* on the quilt! 

I need to trim & bind, but that's tomorrow or Tuesday. 

And I decided no, I do not want to make a 100-day election count down quilt, not when I have other projects waiting in the wings that I'm excited about. So now, video games of my own while the guys do theirs. 

Nothing about this year’s election makes me want to spend time, energy, or attention on it! 

“C - none of the above”

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Haha 2

Thank you all for the thoughts and encouragement!  I'm going to text our guy tomorrow. 

Dd and her gf came over, and ds's gf came up, too. We played games and had dinner. We had a fun time!! 

Dh and I watched the latest House of the Dragons episode, and it was a good one. 

• Like 2