Menu

How often do you get a new phone?

On 6/10/2024 at 6:30 PM, KungFuPanda said:

I keep mine until they act haunted. My last 4 phones have been iPhones and I did

original - 2008

4s - 2012

8 - 2018

15 - 2024

I’m still using my ipad2 from 2012, but I can just load books on it I can no longer update. 

I have a similar pattern, I went from the 6 to the X and now have the 13, which I got in 2021. It runs great and I'm hoping to keep it for at least a few more years before updating. Usually it's either when the battery goes or it stops accepting updates or both. 

• 3 months later...

When I was younger, I changed my phone every 2 years, I guess. Now I usually use a phone until it starts working badly or it doesn't have the needed options. I used the iPhone 8 for maybe 5 years until I decided that I needed a larger screen. What I like about Apple products, we can always buy refurbished iPhones and use them for several more years because of their high quality. 

Edited by Rosla

every 3-4 years or so. I’m on i think my fourth phone in 12 years.  I tend to buy older models, and a couple just got obsolete and the system wouldn’t work with them anymore.  The speaker suddenly went out on the last one, and so I bought the phone in currently using.  I really feel like they should last longer, and I’m not hard on phones. The first thing I do is buy a good case, and I’ve never cracked a screen or dropped one in the toilet.

On 6/10/2024 at 3:22 PM, Lady Marmalade said:

About 2 years.  I've got just over a year in on my 14 Pro Max and it works just as well as when I first got it.  When the apps I use daily for work start being sluggish or it starts getting buggy, that's when I start considering an upgrade.  I suppose this one may last me a little longer since I don't have any complaints. 

Hahaha, this is so funny. Just a few months later and I have the latest 16pro max. I got an offer from AT&T to upgrade at no cost to me, so went for it.  Doesn't seem to be a huge upgrade, but I had noticed a few small connectivity glitches with my phone lately so I'm hoping the upgrade will smooth that out. A brand new phone always feels like lightning- so fast.