Menu

Tackling Friday, Anyone? 4.26.24

mom31257

Good morning!

I slept in, and I'll get ready and go about an hour north of here to have lunch with a friend. She moved there last month. It's the same county as my dad, so I'll see him if he's home. I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to change any plans for me. 

The construction guy is coming after school to take measurements of our front door so we can look around for one. I've already priced similar style doors online. It's going to cost so much! I just pray there isn't damage underneath the door and that none of the rock around the door comes off when they take the door out. 

I hope everyone has a great day! 

• Like 5

Good morning!

slept late here, too. Today's list has stuff leftover from yesterday, plus new stuff, in no particular order:

...coffee
...go thru the pantry to sort the party stuff

...put away the piles of school prep I did yesterday (still in piles on the table) (some needs cutting/stapling)
...tutor my Friday kiddos
...meet with a mom friend who needs help figuring out hs'ing her 8th grader 
...go to the store, get the party things that are needed

...home, iron on the letters to the quilt
...start going thru and assembling party favors for the class parties
...check with DH - dinner????? 
...eat, veg out, etc. 

I think that's about it. Oh! birthday gift shopping for my Friday kiddo - her bday/party is tomorrow. 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

Good morning!

I ended up skipping some of my astronomy work last night and went to a presentation on the Artemis missions/meeting basic needs in a long term colonization mission (bioregeneration).  It was great, but I could have done without the trio of old, non-sober men in the front who dominated the Q&A portion with inane questions.  When the thought starts with "I remember an old sci-fi movie...." whatever follows is not going to be on topic, insightful, or relevant.

On the upside, ds14 was so mortified during our talk and the implications his actions had, that he has made some choices that reflect his willingness to do better.

Today:

• finish astronomy homework
  • midterm
  • go to the grocery store
  • family time?  Maybe
  • go for a walk
  • Like 5

Good morning!

It’s cool and wet. Not great camping weather… 😕🏕️

Today is just camping prep and packing. Hope to be outta here no later than 2:00.

Gear
Food (only a little - troop cooks)
Meds etc.
Clothes

I need to go to CVS and REI. And maybe a quick run to the grocery - need charcoal. 

Having tea and working on food now. Dinner will be a grilled steak with veggies in a foil pack. 

• Like 4

Campsite reservation begins at 4, so no rush. It’s about an hour drive. I may go earlier if I am ready, just to enjoy some quiet time in nature elsewhere in the park. 

Eta: hooray for sunshine!!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Howdie, happy Friday!

Besides work, I've been doing the "almost adult kid" mom thing today, lol.

Kid1:  "Can I go get my hair cut ... [and can I have money for it]?" "Up to you, just make sure you're back in time for your Spanish lesson." "Nvm I'll go tomorrow." "What time is your orientation tomorrow?" "What orientation?" "Your new job orientation, you said it was 4/27."  "Oh yeah.  1pm."  "Well then get your hair done early in the morning."  "OK."

Kid2:  I had to research Juvenile Traffic fine waivers & then call Juvenile Court.  Apparently in our state/county, minors have to go to juvie court for a speeding ticket.  The cop said it was not waiverable, but turns out, it is waiverable.  But we'll have to put together a lot of paperwork to waive it.  (Kid has work on the court date, and who wants to tell the boss "I need to take off for a juvenile court appearance"?)

I have a number of month-end / quarterly report items that I hope to send out today, so my clients will think I'm on the ball.  Ha!  Have already had a number of email exchanges with clients and service providers today.

Want to do something that is stressing me out.  It should have been done months ago, but for some reason I haven't made it happen, and I'll get in trouble if it goes much longer.  But, I'll probably get in trouble anyway for letting it go this long.  Sigh.

• Like 5

home - tutored my Friday kids - 1 session left, and we are done! 

before I went, I was able to sort the pantry party stuff  and make a shopping list, *and* go through my "end of year goodie bags" stuff and make that list; while out, I stopped and got everything on the list except 2 items I couldn't find, so will order

bought the bday gift - a fun looking craft kit that will make both kid & grown-ups happy

had the lunch w/the mom friend about how to wrap up the year w/her 8th grader - she already had 1 of the books I was going to suggest, and had another that wasn't on my radar, but is a good choice, so she's halfway there and feeling more confident; lunch was nice, too

Have most of the stacks of stuff put where they belong for school, minus the ones that need paper cutting, bc while I was doing that earlier, DH was on a meeting on Teams, so need to finish that up and *that* will be done 

which leaves, I think, just ironing the letters onto the quilt.....

• Like 2

Friday has been tackling me.  I've been down and out with a multi-day migraine I just can't kick.  I can kind of focus my eyes today long enough to type something but I've otherwise been stuck in bed or on the couch. I hate the feeling of falling so far behind on everything but it's not like I can do anything about that... 😞 

• Sad 4

Oh, hugs @prairiewindmomma; those migraines are awful! I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. 

I got dinner done, finished the cutting/stapling/etc, put away the stuff I bought for the various parties, and just waiting on DH to finish his shower (he mowed the front) and we'll eat, and then....??? I am hoping a guys night/me night, but we'll see. 

• Like 3

@prairiewindmomma, I pray you feel better and can enjoy some of the weekend! 

My sister has cellulitis again and two oral antibiotics have failed. She is on a third and sees the infectious disease doctor on Monday. She was hospitalized a year ago with this after some unknown insect bite. It keeps coming back from the slightest scratches to her leg. She is scheduled for a vein procedure on Wednesday to try and help alleviate the bad pain she is having from a vein in her upper leg/groin area, and I am praying this won't delay it. 

Lunch with my friend was great! I went by campus and saw ds. I offered to bring a few things home since he moves home next week, so he sent some bulky items to make more room in his car. 

Daddy came down and took us to dinner, so it was nice to see him! 

We watched the newest episodes of Ghosts and We Were the Lucky Ones. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

@prairiewindmomma, I pray you feel better and can enjoy some of the weekend! 

My sister has cellulitis again and two oral antibiotics have failed. She is on a third and sees the infectious disease doctor on Monday. She was hospitalized a year ago with this after some unknown insect bite. It keeps coming back from the slightest scratches to her leg. She is scheduled for a vein procedure on Wednesday to try and help alleviate the bad pain she is having from a vein in her upper leg/groin area, and I am praying this won't delay it. 

Hopefully they can get her cultured and get an antibiotic sorted up. Heads up that typically after you have cellulitis 3x in a year they will usually suggest a low dose daily antibiotic.  If she's not there yet, treating under her fingernails and her nasal passages with antibiotic cream + washing with Hibiclens surgical wash can help her try to clear her colonies. We had elderly family who had chronic cellulitis; it's so frustrating and so difficult to control. Hugs for her!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Friday has been tackling me.  I've been down and out with a multi-day migraine I just can't kick.  I can kind of focus my eyes today long enough to type something but I've otherwise been stuck in bed or on the couch. I hate the feeling of falling so far behind on everything but it's not like I can do anything about that... 😞 

Oh I am so sorry.  I hope you feel better soon.  Do you have any thoughts on what causes yours?   

Is there anything that works for you normally?  Migraines are horrible I am so sorry.