Menu

Well-Trained Bodies - April

Here's a pic from when all of my kids and I went to look for the comet on Easter evening. We did see it but had to wait til it was darker.

image.png.7c02eb29ebea1dcb1632514acba04a60.png

Edited by Eos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

@Laura Corin Thanks for starting the new thread this month! Hope work smooths out for everyone. Making and fixing mistakes is stressful and tiring.

I got in a long walk with friends yesterday afternoon, which was lovely, then an evening dog walk with dh (also lovely). I had no energy for my strength and stretch exercises over the long weekend. My energy levels are pretty low overall. Not sure what the cause is, but I hope things improve soon!

I have 2 hrs of ladies doubles tennis this afternoon, so hoping for energy then!

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, wintermom said:

@Laura Corin Thanks for starting the new thread this month! Hope work smooths out for everyone. Making and fixing mistakes is stressful and tiring.

Thanks. It's been a stressful semester.

First thing - swimming. Then just a couple of quick walks in the neighbourhood. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Day 28 of 30 Days of Yoga this morning. Almost done!

You are amazing!

Today I stacked about 3 cords of wood which I thought was going to be an arm workout but is really more abs/back/legs - will lift some weights while I watch a show.

• Like 7

Still doing different Caroline Girvan kettlebell workouts along with 15-20 minute cardio S-F. When I work out with my husband (M, W) he picks these videos where the trainer talks and talks and talks. I can't stand all the chit chat! Caroline just plays the music and clearly shows the next exercise. 

• Like 8

We got a dump of wet, heavy snow as well, but I only shovelled a tiny bit. It was crazy heavy! 

Got in a nice dog walk this morning, and the scenery was lovely "winter wonderland" with snow-covered trees. NOT such a wonderful for April. 😝

Had fun at tennis last night, and I have more tennis on Sunday afternoon.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Before a wind/rainstorm was due for this afternoon,  I walked home from the seaside - about 9.5 miles with a good hill on the way.

We've had so much rain recently,  the burns are all in spate. The pictured house is an old watermill for sale for £850,000, but insuring it must be tricky. Our weather has been getting wetter over the past decade.

20240406_093046.jpg

20240406_095819.jpg

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I missed yesterday, but picked back up today, which I feel good about. One goal I have is it keep missed days from getting me entirely off track. Today I started with body groove in the morning, then did strength training followed by an easy and pretty trail walk with my husband this evening. 

• Like 7

My dry-stone wall building workshop was fun and so informative, an all day workout for my arms and abs but I did it! I was strong enough. Today ds is doing the same workshop so I will hike and walk the beautiful area we are in.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Eos said:

My dry-stone wall building workshop was fun and so informative, an all day workout for my arms and abs but I did it! I was strong enough. 

Sounds amazing and really hard work! 

Today - just a gentle four-mile hilly walk in windy weather with Husband. Otherwise, just housework.

• Like 7

Jessica Smith's Cardio Core Flow this morning.

37° right now on this "spring" day. Jeff Foxworthy's 4 seasons in Oregon are Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction. We're in Still Winter.

• Like 3

13-mile hike yesterday. I think that may be the furthest we've hiked in a day. I felt pretty done by the end but after some relaxing I played outside with the girls. We've been exploring all the different paths around the house. We have a fire break in the woods in front of my house that connects to a trail and then from that there are some fire roads, gravel roads, and an off-shoot to a state park if you walk far enough. Yesterday we tried a new route. The map wasn't entirely accurate and we ended up at a swamp dh didn't know was there. We had to bushwhack our way out as we were not prepared for wading. We will not be doing that one again! We did get to an old cemetery that had some of dh's ancestors in it. Dh hadn't been since he was a kid.

Strength training planned today

My hip is doing well. I'm nearly back to where I was at in February- I still can only sleep on one side for very short periods and am slow again but it's much improved over March

@Laura Corin that house is gorgeous but boy that would be nerve-wracking to be so close to the water. I've not had a walk in the pouring rain in a while. We did get a bit of rain yesterday but that was it. I try to walk whenever but I really prefer not to do it when it's raining hard. I think you deserve a gold star 🙂

@Eos that sounds enjoyable. It feels good to learn new skills and accomplish something you couldn't do before.

@sbgrace Welcome! WTG keeping at it and not letting an off day get you down. It is consistency over the long haul. You don't have to do something every day.

@Harriet Vane I'm happy to hear you are recovering.

@wintermom and @Ali in OR you guys can keep your cold weather!

@knitgrl I'm sorry you are suffering from fatigue

@Ali in OR did you complete the 30 days - I know last I saw you were so close!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Got in a nice dog walk this morning, and I'll do my stretch and strength exercises very soon. Tomorrow evening dh and I are playing mixed doubles tennis. Should be lots of fun! We'll also do one or two dog walks tomorrow.

• Like 6

Day 30 of 30 Days of Yoga done! I think I pretty much did 2 per week, Saturdays and Tuesdays. I skipped 18 because it's a 10 min meditation and I do yoga for stretching and movement, even a little strength. Not so much the meditation. I'm not actually a fan of Day 30 either because she always takes off her mic and goes silent. It's really hard to constantly look at the screen or even take enough peeks to know when to do the next thing. So I stayed in extended child pose much longer than her, etc. Back to my bodyweight circuit next Tuesday--not so used to lunges anymore!

• Like 5