Menu

Friday Tacklers -- 3/15

TheReader

Posted (edited)

Stayed out way late last night -- our coaches didn't stay after, so a few of us went out to a Korean restaurant that has also interesting alcohol for the heavy drinkers in the group. That was a fun outing! We ended up staying out till midnight (they all stayed past that) which was very late for us, but a lot of fun. 

So, today:

....coffee
....review Monday's plans so I have some clue what I'm doing -- I think I need to soak beans for dissecting and then the kids starting them to grow at home
....work on picking stitches out on the text quilt
....I'd like to at least find places to hang stuff, and maybe go get frames for the various items that need them, so I can get DH to help with that this weekend

....probably not a lot else -- the stitch-picking is going to take forever
....decide on something for dinner -- told DH I'd be in charge of that tonight
....cook, eat, veg out, etc. 

Happy Friday, everyone!

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 6

Not much going on today.  Dh and I ran errands and such yesterday so we could stay home during the rain.  I went with dh and ds to the last night of tryouts so we could have a sit down with the coach and get some extra questions answered/get a feel for his temperament. It'll be a good placement for ds, I think.  And ds broke my heart when we were talking yesterday.  "I'm glad a coach *wants* me".  Oh, buddy.  We can tell him, but he doesn't believe us that his current coach thinks he just about won the lottery getting ds.  Last year's team went 0-17-2(wins, losses, ties), this year they're at 15-0-3. Three kids were added to the roster for this year and ds is the top scorer overall.

Today:

• contract signed
  • violin
  • coffee
  • laundry
  • dinner: shepherd's pie since I didn't make it yesterday
  • Forced Family Fun time
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Not much going on today.  Dh and I ran errands and such yesterday so we could stay home during the rain.  I went with dh and ds to the last night of tryouts so we could have a sit down with the coach and get some extra questions answered/get a feel for his temperament. It'll be a good placement for ds, I think.  And ds broke my heart when we were talking yesterday.  "I'm glad a coach *wants* me".  Oh, buddy.  We can tell him, but he doesn't believe us that his current coach thinks he just about won the lottery getting ds.  Last year's team went 0-17-2(wins, losses, ties), this year they're at 15-0-3. Three kids were added to the roster for this year and ds is the top scorer overall.

Today:

• contract signed
  • violin
  • coffee
  • laundry
  • dinner: shepherd's pie since I didn't make it yesterday
  • Forced Family Fun time

I was going to ask what the final choice was.  But early probably congrats!!  I bet the hardships he went through before the team this year is part of him not thinking he would be wanted by  a coach.  

When does he start practicing with this new team???

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

When does he start practicing with this new team???

This is all new, but it looks like they have parity(?) games in May, some "optional" summer training, and then hitting it for real by September.  He was thriving out there last night.  The pace is quicker and the kids are all the same age, so you don't have huge weight/height differences or the need to hit someone to get them off the puck.  The kids pass a LOT, too, making the goal for the puck to be up the ice and not for a player to carry the puck up the ice.  I was mildly impressed with how well his skills fit in.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

This is all new, but it looks like they have parity(?) games in May, some "optional" summer training, and then hitting it for real by September.  He was thriving out there last night.  The pace is quicker and the kids are all the same age, so you don't have huge weight/height differences or the need to hit someone to get them off the puck.  The kids pass a LOT, too, making the goal for the puck to be up the ice and not for a player to carry the puck up the ice.  I was mildly impressed with how well his skills fit in.

Sounds like  a good fit!!!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have emptied the dishwasher, made coffee and b’fast, and chatted with kids.

About to get dressed and take Ds to his driving road test. The Driver Training school where he did Driver’s Ed this past summer does toad tests, so no waiting for a DMV appt. In April, when he hits 6 months from his permit test, we’ll go to the DMV for a “photo only” appointment and he’ll be done. Hoping he passes the first time!!

Later, teach Dd about YNAB and help her set up a budget.

Dinner out with my mom tonight for my birthday, which is Monday. Dh and I agreed that my present is getting the A/C in my car fixed. 😐

• Like 5

Hooray for the good hockey fit!  

Happy early birthday Scout; sorry your present is the car a/c repair (those years are so blah) - hopefully you can get some small little pick-me-up, even if it's just a fun coffee on the day of. 

Took a short nap, and had a brainstorm that may  help me  speed up the de-lettering of the quilt. Grabbing a bite, and will head out & about with DH shortly to pick that up, shop for frames, and then tag along while he does some stuff. I'll bring the quilt to work on in the car (if the new thing works, it could be done by the time we get home, or even by the time we get where we're going). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@TheReader Yeah, I used some Amazon points recently to get a couple free hardback books and I’m still using up Starbucks GCs from Christmas, so no lack of small luxuries. 😎 Dh is not much of a gift-giver anyway, so it’s fine. By far his strongest love language is acts of service. House projects! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Happy Friday 

Morning dog walk done 

dishwasher done unload and do a clean cycle 

Bought more clear produce containers, washed them. 

wash produce, put in containers m, organize fridge

nice weather again today so will spend afternoon outside: tossing frisbee for dog, planting veg, picking up sticks

• Like 5

@HomeAgain, sounds like things are progressing nicely!!  So happy for your ds and you!

@ScoutTN, congrats on him passing, and happy early birthday!

My sister went out this morning, and I stayed here with Daddy. He ended up taking a morning nap, so I did some school work. We went out to lunch, and we'll go out to dinner, too. 

I need to start packing some stuff up and pack my toiletries with clothes for tomorrow so we don't have to take as much in the next hotel. I'll be home Sunday! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon! Slow start this morning. It was a rough night because of the storms, and it was still raining this morning.

Done

•  Breakfast and most morning meds And breakfast included the last of the pie. 
  • Start cleaning up the bathroom and got trash together
  • Unloaded the dishwasher and Started reloading
  • Set up lab appointment for blood test
  • More of my Enbrel struggle- 1st I called Publix Pharmacy to check if my Enbrel order was ready. They told me that the system was saying I needed a preauthorization. However, my rheumatologist nursearth had called in the preauthorization yesterday and then the prescription to Publix.. Next I called tri cure express scripts who looked at their system and said the preauthorization was in the system. I asked them for a number that the pharmacy should call if the system was still saying I needed a pre authorization. So next I called publix right back. The person who answered the phone must be new because she got it all messed up. She listens to my explanation and starts asking me for BIN .number. I Have no idea what she is talking about and And so she gets a supervisor. The supervisor asked me for a BIN And I ask where would I find this. She replies it Would be on my insurance card.  I reply.I don't have a insurance card but I do have my military ID( That is used as an insurance card along with other purposes) Now I have been getting prescriptions at this publix pharmacy 413 years and I never had anyone think I have regular insusince.I get so many prescriptions there and therefore all through tricare express scripts. She tried to run it again.And of course the express scripts system wasn't working right and said I still needed a pre authorization. So I was happy.I got that number and she took it down and was going to call and she said that if there were any problems.Yes she would call me back. I told her that I needed by next Thursday at the latest.
  • Ate lunch and took midday medicines
  • Figured out I am halfway there to being able to earn some money on X.

To do

• Figure out some concerts, theater,etc
  • See if my health advocate emailed me
  • Get ready to go to Lab
  • Not sure what else
  • Like 3

Did a bunch of housekeeping tasks and worked in YNAB. Laundry is working.

I am enjoying some tea and am about to sit down to read.

It’s been cloudy and damp, but not actually raining, all day and now the sun is trying to peek out.

• Like 4

Got blood test

Found out that Rx order came through and I will be able to pick-up o. Monday after it arrives ( and I am fine w that, I didn't want to pick up tomorrow or Sunday)

Arranged for plumbing repair and figuring out if outdoor leak is our problem or the city's

Arranged for electrical inspection and a hvac inspection  (those are free

Found out that Health Advocate did nothing but get wrong info- very upset.  I wanted her to find experienced surgeon's who can do the very specialized shoulder surgery that few surgeon's do. She just gave me my own surgical center where I already know from the shoulder surgeon that no one there has any experience w that type of surgery. She also told me about the other surgery practice in town but used the same stupid language She used in describing my clinic.  I had another health advocate and she did acgreat job.

One more thing I will do today is transfer from my heavy old wallet to ,my new one

• Sad 4

Ran errands with DH -- the tool I got to speed the de-lettering worked!! yay!!! I'm almost half done, in roughly the same amount of time I spent yesterday removing one word! Whew!!! 

Also got frames for all the things, and got those put on; we'll work on hanging them this weekend. 

dinner is cooking, and tonight we'll veg out. Not sure if that will be movies or games or what. 

• Like 2

@mom31257 That does sound yummy!

I got some habanero infused sugar last summer that is amazing on grilled pineapple. We’ve always just had it as a side, but it would be good on a grilled chx sandwich too.

Dinner out was fine. Tazikis. Five people for $80, not bad. Ds will be hungry in a couple hrs, but that is normal for him! Definitely in a growth spurt. 

Finished some laundry.

Gonna watch the last two episodes of ACG&S with Dd. 

• Like 1