Menu

Tackling Sunday, Feb. 25

HomeAgain

Today is lowkey.  It's the last day of school break.

• violin (I found the notes to Bittersweet Symphony and it's fun to play around with)
  • 10,000 steps
  • sit down with ds and make sure he goes through the steps to prep for school tomorrow
  • clean the living room
  • lunch: chickpea salad with tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and mixed greens.
  • knit? Maybe

It's below freezing outside so I'm trying to do as many steps as possible inside.  I may be getting out there soon anyway.  There are enough leftovers in the fridge that I'm not cooking dinner, either.

• Like 5

Howdie, happy Sunday!

I slept all night for the 2nd night in a row.  Yay!  I caught hell for it kuz obviously if you sleep, that means you aren't committed to your job.  I don't care though!

I didn't get much done after yesterday's post.  Dinner wiped me out, and then we had a friend over - the friend my dog hates for some reason.  So I couldn't just zone out and hide in my room.  I did take the dog for a short walk, so I can say I'm on a dog-walking roll again.  🙂

So today, I have lots of personal and client work to do.

Spent time discussing some upcoming things regarding our properties and our summer trip.

Also, I promised to take the girls shopping.  One needs sunglasses for her concussion, the other needs running shoes for track.  So we leave in about 2 hours for that.  Might sneak a quick meal in there too (my kid has been wanting a "just us 3" dinner at Bob Evans).  Hopefully I get lots of work done in the next 2 hours so I can enjoy a guilt-free afternoon, and then back to work.

• Like 6

The sun was shining enough to make it worth venturing outside, and I'm glad I did. 🙂  I met all the dogs in the neighborhood out on their walks, too.

I'm currently at 9,800 steps, which will mean I'll meet my 10,000 goal before bedtime.  Probably in the next hour.  After I got back I made a quick batch of peanut butter cookies.  DS25 came in and we had a quick convo about some differences between his bringing up and ds14's, and that maybe he wasn't as slick as he thought he was, either. 😄 But it is nice to be able to share the "other side" of things with him now, like a talk on internet safety I sent him to at age 14.  It was a hot mess from start to finish, and I think every kid left there disturbed by it - and rightly so.  I was able to give him a quick glimpse of everything that led up to that point and it made it all click in his head better.  At least it gave him something to laugh over 10+ years later.

• Like 5

Home from the retreat.

To Do:
Unload ✔️ 
Take medicine ✔️ 
Check in with my guys ✔️ 
Make a list for tomorrow and think about the coming week. ✔️ 

Dinner is leftovers. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Yesterday I didn't leave the house, but I was busy.   I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, unpacked a couple of boxes, and worked on the summer trip some.

Today:

• go to Goodwill and look for a couple of items
  • Pick up a piece that goes to DS's bed that was not included in the box when we bought it.
  • lunch out for Dad's birthday (he is no longer here, but today is his birthday and I am remembering him.)
  • Call my uncle who is in the hospital (dad's last remaining sibling) I thought calling him today would be appropriate since it is Dad's birthday.   All the siblings were quite close.
  • Like 6

@DawnM Its nice to do something special on a family member’s birthday. I do the same.

Its 45 degrees out and supposed to get to 60 tomorrow. Crazy winter but I’ll take it!

Time at the park , very busy everyone is outside enjoying the weather. Some were even in shorts! 

replaced the dryer lightbulb

do a chewy order

clearing out emails

type up a revised fuse box list. Which switches control which outlets and rooms etc. print off list

• Like 4

Finished unpacking, did a bit of housekeeping, checked in with Ds about homework, visited briefly with a neighbor, checked my email, and looked at some calendar things.

Seven school days til SB!! They have 7 weekdays off and Ds has one and a half days off before that during exams. Need to help him find some purposeful and fin things to do over vacation. Wish we could travel, but it’s just not in the budget.

I’m enjoying some hot tea. 
About to sit down to read my novel. 

• Like 4

Y’all, I have spent the weekend 100% on-duty with an AHG event. I was in charge of the meals for 12 people. I had just settled down in my jammies, in bed, when Dh asks me to make dinner for him. 

Ummm, no. 

There is plenty of food in the fridge and you are perfectly capable of making your own Greek salad. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Y’all, I have spent the weekend 100% on-duty with an AHG event. I was in charge of the meals for 12 people. I had just settled down in my jammies, in bed, when Dh asks me to make dinner for him. 

Ummm, no. 

There is plenty of food in the fridge and you are perfectly capable of making your own Greek salad. 

Did you give him the death glare? 

Oooh, boy!  I would not have wanted to be in your house at that moment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Did you give him the death glare? 

Oooh, boy!  I would not have wanted to be in your house at that moment!

Hahahaha

I was tempted to be dramatic, but resisted as Dh thinks I tend to exaggerate everything. 🙄🤣I just gave him a flat no, with a  calm, one-sentence explanation.  Fabulous self-control on my part. 😉🤣🤣

Shortly after this, Ds plops on my bed and, after extolling the excellencies of his new lacrosse gear, asks me to take him to get a milkshake at Sonic. 🙄🙄 Told him to go ask Dad. 

• Like 3

@DawnM, I hope you enjoyed your time remembering your dad!! 

We went to church this morning. 

We ate lunch out and shopped at Walmart for a few things. 

I went up to my dad's because his iPad kept asking for stuff he couldn't do. While up there, I took a couple of small toy trucks to my nephew's grave. 

I texted ds and asked if I could do anything for him since I was up that way. He is behind on schoolwork with all of this fraternity stuff, so he asked if I could pick up his laundry and do it for him. I went by and got it on my way home. He'll come pick it up in the next couple of days. l'll get to see him twice this week, which makes doing the laundry more than worth it!

One load is going. 

I talked to my older sister for awhile this evening. 

• Like 4

@ScoutTN, my kids used to do things like that so often.  It's why we coined the acronym POD - Parent On Duty.  Dh and I would take turns in the evening with the more intensive things and swap out, so even now I just say, "nope, not the POD."  It's even worse when they would walk right.past.dh to come find me.  Ugh.  😆

• Like 4