Menu

Friday Tacklers, come on in! 11.24.23

mom31257

Good morning! 

We are leaving this morning for a short getaway with the kids. 

I slept in a bit and put a load of towels in the dryer. 

• light breakfast
  • shower and get dressed
  • pack toiletries
  • pack car
  • pick up dd
  • have lunch in Chattanooga
  • head out and enjoy the rest of the day
  • Like 6

Good afternoon!

We slept late and after coffee, I did a mountain of bookkeeping and financial/administrative things. Feels good to be organized!

Still in my jammies. Dd is out for the day with friends and works this evening, so no all-family activities today. Keeping a leisurely feel.

Pack up pilgrims, turkeys, and other TG decorations and take to the storage unit. ✔️ 

Menu planning ✔️ 
Call mom ✔️ 
Haircut for Ds?! ✔️ 

Dinner will be lentil soup and salad and this will require a grocery run for bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. ✔️ 

Bake pumpkin pie? Or Pumpkin bread? 

Hopefully, plenty of time to read today.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Hi guys, happy Friday!

I feel like I'm caught up on sleep, though my sleep pattern over the past 36 hours has been weird.  I know there were some naps in there.  And I slept from 6am to 9:30am when I started hearing the vacuum cleaner.

Surprises so far today:

• The maid was scheduled (for 9am).  It really would be nice to know this in advance, especially the morning after Thanksgiving.  Maid had to leave for another project but may be back.
  • Our dog-sitting commitment has been moved from Sunday to today.
  • Our dog puked up everything in his stomach.  (Probably due to being fed turkey scraps etc. yesterday.)
  • A family member may be in a mental health crisis, and I need to discreetly investigate and act on this - today.

Technically it is a work day.  I hope to get some client work out, as I have a lot of deadlines approaching.  Here's hoping there are no more surprises.

I also hope to do some online Christmas shopping, now that I have lists from the kids.  They verbally added a couple items that I am supposed to remember.  Knowing me, if I don't order them today, I will forget something.

And I need to do some things related to bills and donations.

I hope to enjoy wonderful leftovers from yesterday.  My sister is also coming over, and I hope to have a little time to talk to her, but it depends on the dog situation - she will likely have several unleashed dogs in her car who don't know our yard boundaries.

I don't mean to be melodramatic, but I could use some good thoughts for (a) family mental health stuff, (b) family physical health stuff, (c) managing the dog stuff, (d) staying afloat with the client stuff, and (e) keeping all the normal things normal.

I may add another post carrying over to-do's, in order to focus and prioritize better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Taste-tested the new chili lime Doritos vs. Takis. Doritos win on both taste and texture.

Ds looks SO much better with his hair cut!! Need to put his haircut on my calendar regularly.

Decided on spinach salad with oranges, dried cranberries, pecans, and goat cheese to go with the soup.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

@math teacher Brave you, put shopping on Black Friday! 

I’ve been to the grocery. Need to eat a snack and start cooking dinner. 

It really wasn't busy. We went to Barnes and Nobel, and I went to Hobby Lobby, Marshalls, Ross, and Home Goods. Only bought something from Hobby Lobby and the bookstore, and no longer line than usual.

• Like 3

Dinner was good! Hoping the kitchen fairies will clean up for me…

Got some stuff moved back into Ds’ room. Both he and Dh would just drop it all in there with no culling or organizing, but I am not letting that happen. Nope, nope, nope. This is too good an opportunity to pass up! Making some lego sorting/storing bins out of underbed boxes, cardboard, and duct tape tomorrow! 

Time to read!

• Like 2

Spent much of the day moving stuff around and purging. I wish I had a solid week off to get the house back in order. It is taking forever, worse than moving I think because we kept some stuff out during remodeling and packed some stuff, so we are finding the same category of item multiple places so it makes extra work when we find more of something to reconfigure how things are.

But we ended the day with SIL over and we watched Elf. 

Tomorrow, hopefully we can put up a tree. I know we have a little more moving furniture to do. We will probably go drop stuff at the thrift store and hubs will go get some pieces for the low voltage boxes to finish those connections. He also has snow blower belts to swap out. 

Edited by LifeLovePassion
  • Like 2