Menu

Can I vent? Running for office... (not political)

WildflowerMom

I can't vent about this to anyone but dh and he's doing colonoscopy prep, so y'all have to hear it, lol.   Please JAWM.  
My cousin is running for city council in another town.   His Facebook posts are horribly written.  Grammar is awful.  He has no clue when to use they're, their, and there.   He just uses them interchangeably from what I can tell.  He capitalizes random words throughout each sentence.    Nearly every sentence has something wrong with it.    I asked dh if I should offer nicely to help edit his writing, but dh says the citizens deserve to see what they're getting with him.    Y'all, I cringe so bad when he posts.   I think I'm going to unfollow him, but I hate to miss something because the family is 'liking' his posts as kind of a show of support.  🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Tat is very hard. But, I think you should be hands off. There is a lot of written communication that comes out of city council offices and not all of it comes through administrative assistants who edit heavily. It is best to let the people see that maybe he is not the person for the job. 

• Like 1

You could also snooze him for 30 days. I do that with a lot of people who get on my nerves. They pop back into my feed after the 30 days, I see that things haven't changed, or I see that something has happened that I'm glad to know about, and then usually just snooze them again. 

• Like 2