Menu

2023 Goal Group - June Half way there!

June is the midway point for 2023 goals.🩱🕶️🥾

I hope you are seeing progress in whatever goals you set.

It's time to assess your June calendar and obligations, look at your finances, and review everything else you need to consider when setting June goals. Do you have more time now that it's summer? Can you encourage someone else to help meet your goals this month? 

Get out your journal and write down those goals and the small steps you will take this month toward reaching those goals.

Have you set up a Summer Bucket List? The 23 in 23 challenge? Which of those items can you work on this month?

• Thanks 2

The year just keeps marching on!

My goal categories stay the same no matter what month I am in  

Walking/hiking:  I am coming up on 9 months now.  I am most pleased with my progress in this category.  It has made a demonstrable impact on my life.  

Other exercise-  weight lifting-  This is week 8 of lifting weights M, W and F, 6 exercises, 11 reps, 3 sets.  

Housework/decluttering:  The main housework is now in maintenance mode  

Dh did some decluttering this weekend.  Fortunately he has learned to ASK me about my stuff  

Yard work- I am generally pleased with my progress  it’s still basic grooming work- getting weeds under control, mulched areas neatly defined etc but I knew that this would be another year of that.  I am hoping that next year I can start to do more creative stuff  

Ministry-  Board meeting went really well.  Prayers are being answered in the affirmative regarding the ministry so I'm really happy.  But now I need to really get my butt in gear.   

Have a speaking engagement next month that I seriously need to start preparing for.

(I kept this and the remaining categories from my last report because nothing has really changed)

Reading- still reading “Jack” by George Sayer.  

Bible study- yup

Social - this is taking a backseat to ministry right now .  I did invite a couple of friends to my speaking thing but that won’t be too social for me personally.  Seeing my fellow board members was really nice.  I love these people so much. 

"Getting ready to retire" stuff:  had another meeting.  Have some “homework “ to do.  

• Like 1

I'm doing a desk day this morning so I'll work on my June goals and post in a bit.

Here are my yearly goals with updates:

Lose 15 pounds - I have lost and regained 8 pounds plus. This has now morphed into a larger health goal and trying to figure out why I cannot lose weight. I did a blood glucose trial and learned a lot about how foods affect my body. I had a physical including CBC, CMP, lipids, thyroid, A1c, and insulin. I am now working with my primary care provider to work through the results and figure out what is going on.

1000km walk/hike - 241.32; I know this is higher but I wasn't good with tracking in March and April.

600 mile bike - I haven't ridden my bike at all since January so this is 36/600. 

Officiate 20 days - I have officiated 17/20 days. I would have hit this goal but I chose to coach for 7 weeks and that meant having to step away from some officiating assignment. I am also taking the summer off in order to work on my health and weight loss goals. Recertification 90% complete.

Pay off truck - Done!

Paint 4 rooms - I have looked at paint but have not painted any rooms yet.

Declutter and paint the basement - have decluttered some but not anywhere near where I would like to be. Most stuff in the basement is camping and backpacking gear or belongs to DH. I need to either sell the gear or use it.

1 new adventure a month - Nailed this for March and April. So many new adventures coaching. I guess bringing a new dog into the family could be considered an adventure.

Apheresis Gold Level (18 platelet donations) - I have donated 8/18 times. I am a bit behind 

Find a new volunteer activity  - Due to coaching full time for two months, I put this on hold. 

June Goals

Health - follow up appt regarding blood work and foot (x-rays, possible surgery), follow new food plan armed with blood glucose and blood fat information.

Hike/Walk - 150 kilometers

Bike - 4 bike rides of varying lengths

Officiating - None this month; complete recertification

Paint 1 room

New adventure - Be Wild!

Apherisis - 2 donations

Do I really need a new volunteer opportunity? I already volunteer once a week.

Additional goals: reading, financial, house and yard maintenance

Edited by Granny_Weatherwax
  • Like 1

June 3 check in;

Walking/hiking:  Today was day Day 259 of walking or hiking at least 2.6 miles  

Other exercise-  weight lifting-  Finished week 8 of lifting weights M, W and F, 6 exercises, 11 reps, 3 sets.  Monday I up my reps to 12 .

Housework/decluttering:  The main housework is now in maintenance mode.

I have had an unwritten goal since last year to figure out and fix my Traeger grill  It works- when it wants to- but the other day it quit on me at a crucial moment.  Googling hasn’t helped me but within five minutes, dh looked at it, diagnosed the problem and told me how to fix it .  So I’m glad that is done .  

Yard work- need to focus on hand weeding 

Ministry-  Working on Ministry #1.

Started preparing for Ministry #2

Reading- still reading “Jack” by George Sayer.  

Bible study- yup

Social - nothing to see here 

"Getting ready to retire" stuff:  meeting in a couple of weeks 

• Like 2

I need assistance with reworking a goal and hope you all can help me.

Wellness is a big goal for the year. I am doing okay with the goals I have set and am happy with my progress. (insert: just reread that and No, I am not happy. I'm not moving enough but that is irrelevant to this post.) Here's the thing...

One of my wellness goals was to eat 300 salads throughout the year. These salads were to be meal replacements and side salads didn't count. The goal was to increase the amount of vegetables and decrease the amount of carb and meat heavy meals I was eating. I was doing okay, not great but okay. I was finding new salad recipes and incorporating those a few times a week. I was a bit behind schedule due to the craziness of March and April (so much stress, travel, and driving) but I was eating more vegetables and making better food choices. I am currently on an eating plan that is fruit, vegetable, and plant based foods heavy. Take today's meal plan for example:

Breakfast - green smoothie - mango, spinach, avocado, plain Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk

Lunch - baby carrots, hummus, red cabbage with apple, cucumber & hummus on GF 7-grain bread

Dinner - chicken nuggets (GF, baked), asparagus, almonds

I have eaten 12 different plant based items today (including 50g of spinach; that's a lot of spinach) but not one salad. 

I want to modify the 300 Salad goal so I can count the vegetables I eat that are not salad based. Does the smoothie now count as a salad? Does reaching the goal of 5 different vegetables a day count as a salad? Does eating a bowl of yogurt with 4 different fruits count as a salad?

Part of the new eating plan is to eat 30 different types of plant based foods a week and that is so much better than just replacing meals with a bunch of spring mix based salads. I haven't eaten a cucumber in 30 years and thoroughly enjoyed my cucumber and hummus sandwich today. I hope to be on this meal plan for at least 4 months, possibly longer.

Long explanation, I know. Do I adjust the goal? Drop the goal? Reword the goal?

2 minutes ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

Wellness is a big goal for the year. I am doing okay with the goals I have set and am happy with my progress. (insert: just reread that and No, I am not happy. I'm not moving enough but that is irrelevant to this post.) Here's the thing...

One of my wellness goals was to eat 300 salads throughout the year. These salads were to be meal replacements and side salads didn't count. The goal was to increase the amount of vegetables and decrease the amount of carb and meat heavy meals I was eating. I was doing okay, not great but okay. I was finding new salad recipes and incorporating those a few times a week. I was a bit behind schedule due to the craziness of March and April (so much stress, travel, and driving) but I was eating more vegetables and making better food choices. I am currently on an eating plan that is fruit, vegetable, and plant based foods heavy. Take today's meal plan for example:

Breakfast - green smoothie - mango, spinach, avocado, plain Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk

Lunch - baby carrots, hummus, red cabbage with apple, cucumber & hummus on GF 7-grain bread

Dinner - chicken nuggets (GF, baked), asparagus, almonds

I have eaten 12 different plant based items today (including 50g of spinach; that's a lot of spinach) but not one salad. 

I want to modify the 300 Salad goal so I can count the vegetables I eat that are not salad based. Does the smoothie now count as a salad? Does reaching the goal of 5 different vegetables a day count as a salad? Does eating a bowl of yogurt with 4 different fruits count as a salad?

Part of the new eating plan is to eat 30 different types of plant based foods a week and that is so much better than just replacing meals with a bunch of spring mix based salads. I haven't eaten a cucumber in 30 years and thoroughly enjoyed my cucumber and hummus sandwich today. I hope to be on this meal plan for at least 4 months, possibly longer.

I would adjust the goal to just having more fruits and vegetables. Because that was the reason behind the salad goal, right?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would adjust the goal to just having more fruits and vegetables. Because that was the reason behind the salad goal, right?  

I would like to make it specific and measurable. The purpose of the original goal was to increase fruits and vegetables but the goal was Eat 300 Salads.

I can track and measure each salad and break that down into smaller weekly and monthly goals, like eat 5 salads each week or 20 salads a month.

How do I track the specific progress of the fruit and vegetable eating?

I can count each smoothie. That is measurable.

I guess I can reword the Goal to be Eat 300 Plant Based meals. Oooh, that might work. Then I can count the smoothies and all of the other meals that are vegan/vegetarian.

Thanks, Jean, for helping me think this through.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

Part of the new eating plan is to eat 30 different types of plant based foods a week and that is so much better than just replacing meals with a bunch of spring mix based salads. I haven't eaten a cucumber in 30 years and thoroughly enjoyed my cucumber and hummus sandwich today.

Nice!

• Like 1

OK June.  I'm already late.

This month I will graduate my last homeschooled student.  I will host a grad ceremony and party, send a final transcript, make a cake and my gift, then retire.

I will burn through my community and creativity goals at lightning speed, and end up late for the 4th of July parade.

I will try to stay on top of calling Mom and helping arrange stuff for her to do.

I will host oldest, daughter-in-law and their dog for the first time with the dog, so will finish creating a little house for them this week and make it cozy.

I will shore up my will power by flossing and doing my morning routine every day. 

• Like 2

June- I got BIG plans.   

I am going to PURGE.   I told DH that I plan to take a trunk load per day to the donation bin.   

Of course, I can't start until I get back from my Disney trip, but......I will have 2 solid weeks to work on things for my June goal.   I need to think about specifics......I want to go through the entire attic, but it will have to be incremental as it will be very hot and I can prob only spend 30-45 min. up there in the early morning.   So, I can add the main floor of the house to the list as I really don't have that much on the main floor to purge, it is mostly upstairs.

Hopefully I could do the top floors in July and be done before August.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

I would like to make it specific and measurable. The purpose of the original goal was to increase fruits and vegetables but the goal was Eat 300 Salads.

I can track and measure each salad and break that down into smaller weekly and monthly goals, like eat 5 salads each week or 20 salads a month.

How do I track the specific progress of the fruit and vegetable eating?

I can count each smoothie. That is measurable.

I guess I can reword the Goal to be Eat 300 Plant Based meals. Oooh, that might work. Then I can count the smoothies and all of the other meals that are vegan/vegetarian.

Thanks, Jean, for helping me think this through.

When your method of measuring a goal is problematic, maybe break the goal into smaller, more accuate chunks. A "salad" is too broad, and as you are finding out, what one salad actually represents is becoming meaningless. And saying you are eating 300 of them doesn't really help.

"Plant-based" and "carbs" gargon also have their weaknesses. French fries, onion rings and fried zuccini are "plant based," but also probably not on your list of things you want to increase portions. Vegetables are carbs, as in they are carbohydrates. 

I have no answers to your question, other than reduce the current popular lingo that isn't accuate and create a measuring metric that is meaningful to you

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

When your method of measuring a goal is problematic, maybe break the goal into smaller, more accuate chunks. A "salad" is too broad, and as you are finding out, what one salad actually represents is becoming meaningless. And saying you are eating 300 of them doesn't really help.

"Plant-based" and "carbs" gargon also have their weaknesses. French fries, onion rings and fried zuccini are "plant based," but also probably not on your list of things you want to increase portions. Vegetables are carbs, as in they are carbohydrates. 

I have no answers to your question, other than reduce the current popular lingo that isn't accuate and create a measuring metric that is meaningful to you

For me, setting a goal of eating 300 salads was a good goal. It was specific, measurable, attainable, and realistic. It was easily broken down by number of salads consumed per week and month. My initial definition of salad served me well for a few months. It worked well toward my larger goal of adding more vegetables in my diet and increasing wellness. It's just now that I am more knowledgeable about my body (after multiple tests and a consultation with my PCP) and instituting a dramatic change in diet to better serve my menopausal metabolism, blood glucose/insulin factors, lipid breakdown, hormone levels, and microbiome, I want to adjust the goal.

Having to change the wording of the goal is a good thing. It means I am making progress and no longer reliant on my narrow definition and understanding of salad or what it means to eat vegetables. Now that I am also making spinach based smoothies for breakfast instead of a bowl of cereal or an egg and bacon, I want to count those meals and I should count those meals. The smoothie has a full avocado, 80g of spinach, and half a mango. I'm counting that baby.

Of course, there are cooking methods that I won't do, like fry things in oil. I will also avoid all nightshades, wheat, barley, rye, and most processed foods and continue to eat gluten free. I already know I can't eat certain things so it's a non-issue in my definition of plant based. I don't plan on cutting out carbs; I totally enjoyed my hummus, cucumber sandwich. 

I thought the term plant-based worked for my goal. It's definitely broader and incorporates all fruit and vegetable heavy meals. Is there another word for fruits and vegetables that eliminates things like potatoes and wheat? 

I'm not trying to be snarky or lecture. I just want to share info from my starting point to where I am now. I do appreciate your insight.

Edited: I was also thinking, if this becomes a permanent lifestyle change, the goal may become moot because I will be eating more fruits and vegetables by default and no longer need to set a goal to force myself to do it. Kinda like my Hydration goal from a couple of years ago. I no longer have to set daily water goals to ensure I drink enough water. It has become a habit.

Edited by Granny_Weatherwax
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

I would say adjust and reword your goal. It seems like you're already eating more than 5 different vegetables/fruits a day so maybe 5 is too low a bar for you. What about setting it somewhere between 7 and 10? Or start with 7 and work up to 10 or more by the end of the year. I think using the word salad limits you now that you're on a different path. Give yourself a number and include the word different.

It sounds like you're on the way to making this a lifestyle and not needing it as a goal but in the meantime changing the goal to fit where you currently are is a good thing.

2 hours ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

For me, setting a goal of eating 300 salads was a good goal. It was specific, measurable, attainable, and realistic. It was easily broken down by number of salads consumed per week and month. My initial definition of salad served me well for a few months. It worked well toward my larger goal of adding more vegetables in my diet and increasing wellness. It's just now that I am more knowledgeable about my body (after multiple tests and a consultation with my PCP) and instituting a dramatic change in diet to better serve my menopausal metabolism, blood glucose/insulin factors, lipid breakdown, hormone levels, and microbiome, I want to adjust the goal.

Having to change the wording of the goal is a good thing. It means I am making progress and no longer reliant on my narrow definition and understanding of salad or what it means to eat vegetables. Now that I am also making spinach based smoothies for breakfast instead of a bowl of cereal or an egg and bacon, I want to count those meals and I should count those meals. The smoothie has a full avocado, 80g of spinach, and half a mango. I'm counting that baby.

Of course, there are cooking methods that I won't do, like fry things in oil. I will also avoid all nightshades, wheat, barley, rye, and most processed foods and continue to eat gluten free. I already know I can't eat certain things so it's a non-issue in my definition of plant based. I don't plan on cutting out carbs; I totally enjoyed my hummus, cucumber sandwich. 

I thought the term plant-based worked for my goal. It's definitely broader and incorporates all fruit and vegetable heavy meals. Is there another word for fruits and vegetables that eliminates things like potatoes and wheat? 

I'm not trying to be snarky or lecture. I just want to share info from my starting point to where I am now. I do appreciate your insight.

Edited: I was also thinking, if this becomes a permanent lifestyle change, the goal may become moot because I will be eating more fruits and vegetables by default and no longer need to set a goal to force myself to do it. Kinda like my Hydration goal from a couple of years ago. I no longer have to set daily water goals to ensure I drink enough water. It has become a habit.

No worries about lecturing, I can see that you're thinking outloud. My "researcher speak" may not be relevant to you, it's simply another viewpoint on counting and measuring. How we count and measure is vital in data collection, and what you're doing is projecting goals and collecting data. The projections need to be inline with what you're counting and collecting, and this is often misaligned in research/evaluation, believe me! Particularly when the measurement tools and data bases are created for other purposes than the current, customized purpose.

So customize the way you count and measure your data collection so that it fits with your purposes. If you want to define "salad" as something specific, then go ahead and do it, but somewhere in your "notes" you should define what a salad is so that when you share info or look back on what you did, you'll have that information.

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

Gotta love product labelling these days!! 😅

May be an image of text

It's probably labeled that way because it doesn't contain cow's milk or butter, unlike most mashed potatoes. It makes it easy for people who are avoiding animal products, so they don't have to look at the ingredient list. Pretty smart, if you ask me.🙂 

Edited by Selkie

My June goals are to continue with the current outdoor activities, hiking, tennis, cycling, kayaking and gardening.

I'm also moving toward healthier food and drink options. I'm actually adopting mostly food choices from my time in Costa Rica at the moment. I've found a couple of local grocery stores that source delicious foods from Mexico and Central America. I love  particular types of refried beans, salsa and nachos. I'm also eating a lot more fruit, and should continue to increase veggies that aren't popcorn or chips. 😉  

My outdoor garden hardscape projects are complete, and I'm enjoying decorating and spending time in them. I've been gathering creative ideas from gardening TV series, such as the RHS Chelsea Garden Show 2023. There are some fabulous tips and inspiring gardens presented in this program. I particularly like how they encourage being a "little messy" in your yard and intentionally allow weeds and other wild flowers to grow to encourage pollinator activity.

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 2

I'm doing a mid-year revamp of my goals. One of the things I'm looking at is why I stopped losing weight, so I'm going to examine my meal plans and exercise habits. I've never been good at recording food intake and I know that won't change so I'm looking at other ways of evaluating that goal.

I also plan to add a goal of 30 minutes decluttering per week. That can be 5 minutes a day for 6 days, 10 minutes a day for 3, 30 minutes one day, or odd amounts of time throughout the week. As long as it comes out to 30 minutes by the end of the week I'll consider it met. 

The rest of my goals are still up in the air. They're not likely to completely change, they just need some tweaking.

• Like 2

So my yearly goals were 

Yearly Goals
Lose 40 pounds.
Publish Devotional somehow
Make a podcast
Continue to declutter the House

I have made my devotional available to my newsletter subscribers.  Still don't know if I want to sell it.
My podcast is live, has 25 episodes released so far.

My lose 40 pounds goal.  I went off the rails on diet stuff with all of the traveling the last few months.  On our mission trip, we had NO vegetables on any of our meals...  I don't think our hosts could get them, I guess.  We will ask. Very carbohydrate.  I don't remember it being that bad before, but I know food costs are absolutely crazy in Honduras now.  I had lost 14 pounds, now it is 11 pounds, which I guess isn't too awful. My goal for the 4 weeks I am home before we go back on the mission field is to drink 64 ounces of water each day. I will also make sure I have vegetable and fruit as a big part of each meal with much less carbs. ( Which is how I eat when I am home anyway.) I would like to get back to the 14 pounds. I probably will not reach 40 pounds. Maybe I should say 20 pounds... That way I feel successful if by some miracle I achieve that.  So much of my life I have no control over what is served. 

Declutter the House... honestly, may give up this goal for this year.  Don't see how I have time.  My middle son is bringing home his girlfriend this weekend...oh our dryer is broken.  So just recovering from mission trip and getting house clean is this week.  Next week, I guess I could do a small project, but we have AEP kids coming to stay with us the next week and I am leading VBS music the next week. Then back to Africa... So...  I guess my small goal is cleaning out oldest son's closets. 

• Like 3

June 12 check in;

Walking/hiking:  Today was day Day 268 of walking or hiking at least 2.6 miles.  I did another hard hike on Wednesday.  Could hardly walk afterwards but I was proud of myself.  

Other exercise-  weight lifting-  today was week 10 day 1 out of 3 for the week, 6 exercises, 12 reps, 3 sets.  

Nothing on decluttering since it’s busy ministry season 

Yard work- caught up on hand weeding for the moment.  Started back on the Great Mulching Project.  Shoveling and spreading 3 wheelbarrows of mulch a day.  Probably some mowing and weed eating on occasion.

Ministry-  Working on Ministry #1.

Both are on track.  

Reading- still reading “Jack” by George Sayer.  Since I only read two pages at night before falling asleep, it’s slow going.  

Bible study- yup

"Getting ready to retire" stuff:  meeting in a week 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Today is my Day 270 9-monthiversary hike with Juliet. I chose one of my hardest hikes from the fall. It is still more than 3 miles 😜 but so much easier for me to hike now. 

Nice!

• Thanks 1

We are just a bit over halfway through June. How are you doing with your goals? Making progress? Why or why not? There is still time in June to make headway.

Wellness Goal - I am excited beyond measure. This new way of eating, eating for my body, is working. OMG, I cannot tell you how good I feel. It is a lot of work though. At present, it is a full-time job and I am glad I took the summer off to devote to my health. There is no way I could have done this with the added pressure and stress of working. The blood tests, monitor wearing, stool tests, food and meal tracking - all have been eye opening and beneficial. 

Wellness progress with new way of eating:

I have lost 5#. I cannot tell you how good this feels. This is the first time in years the scale has moved down. It's slow going but I am losing.📉

My joint pain has decreased by at least 50% if not more. I can actually walk up the stairs without having to lean on the wall or the stairs in front of me for support.

My anxiety has decreased immeasurably. I haven't had an anxiety attack in two weeks. I have been grocery shopping twice without a panic attack. I actually enjoyed grocery shopping yesterday; grocery shopping has been my biggest trigger for the past few years. Using my food app to scan and find the foods that work for me is affirming. I even went to the Farmer's Market and bought, washed, and prepped a bunch of vegetables I never would have eaten 6 weeks ago. They are delicious. I ate so many straight-from-the-garden sugar snap peas yesterday...so good. I haven't had such a joyful relationship with food in decades (since pre-celiac diagnosis).

My sugar and salt cravings have diminished. I can look at my old comfort foods without wanting them. 

I am riding my bike again. 40 miles this week.🚲

I have walked the dogs every day.🦮

I am still making progress toward other goals as well and will report on those toward the end of the month.

• Like 4

June 18 check in;

Walking/hiking:  Yesterday was day 272  

Other exercise-  weight lifting-  finished week 10 .  Tomorrow will start week 11

Nothing on decluttering since it’s busy ministry season 

Yard work- finished barking the yard circle where the tree and stump was removed because the stump grinder churned it all up.

Have started up again on new areas for the Great Mulching Project  

Have started another year long project, moving hundreds of pounds of gravel that are pushing down a fence.  “Inch by inch.  Row by row.”

Ministry-  Working on Ministry #1.  One more week until it’s culmination.  Have a first draft of my message done.

Both are on track.  

Reading- still reading “Jack” by George Sayer.  Since I only read two pages at night before falling asleep, it’s slow going.  

Bible study- yup

"Getting ready to retire" stuff:  meeting in two days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

We are just a bit over halfway through June. How are you doing with your goals? Making progress? Why or why not? There is still time in June to make headway.

Wellness Goal - I am excited beyond measure. This new way of eating, eating for my body, is working. OMG, I cannot tell you how good I feel. It is a lot of work though. At present, it is a full-time job and I am glad I took the summer off to devote to my health. There is no way I could have done this with the added pressure and stress of working. The blood tests, monitor wearing, stool tests, food and meal tracking - all have been eye opening and beneficial. 

Wellness progress with new way of eating:

I have lost 5#. I cannot tell you how good this feels. This is the first time in years the scale has moved down. It's slow going but I am losing.📉

My joint pain has decreased by at least 50% if not more. I can actually walk up the stairs without having to lean on the wall or the stairs in front of me for support.

My anxiety has decreased immeasurably. I haven't had an anxiety attack in two weeks. I have been grocery shopping twice without a panic attack. I actually enjoyed grocery shopping yesterday; grocery shopping has been my biggest trigger for the past few years. Using my food app to scan and find the foods that work for me is affirming. I even went to the Farmer's Market and bought, washed, and prepped a bunch of vegetables I never would have eaten 6 weeks ago. They are delicious. I ate so many straight-from-the-garden sugar snap peas yesterday...so good. I haven't had such a joyful relationship with food in decades (since pre-celiac diagnosis).

My sugar and salt cravings have diminished. I can look at my old comfort foods without wanting them. 

I am riding my bike again. 40 miles this week.🚲

I have walked the dogs every day.🦮

I am still making progress toward other goals as well and will report on those toward the end of the month.

This is a great post, thank you!  And congratulations! 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 4:42 AM, Eos said:

OK June.  I'm already late. I had no idea how late I would be.

This month I will graduate my last homeschooled student.  I will host a grad ceremony and party, send a final transcript, make a cake and my gift, then retire. Nope.  Covid has botched this.  We're rescheduling, probably for early August.  Sigh.

I will burn through my community and creativity goals at lightning speed, and end up late for the 4th of July parade. True and true.

I will try to stay on top of calling Mom and helping arrange stuff for her to do. Doing this, feels good.

I will host oldest, daughter-in-law and their dog for the first time with the dog, so will finish creating a little house for them this week and make it cozy. Did this, it's very cozy.  They only stayed a couple of days though, since we got covid and it was raining so much they couldn't really do much outside.  Also sigh.

I will shore up my will power by flossing and doing my morning routine every day.. Flossing is fine, morning routine not happening.  June has just been a horrible month compared to lovely May.  I'm ready for it to be done and the madness of July to begin. I don't even know where to begin to reset.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, wintermom said:

My June goals are to continue with the current outdoor activities, hiking, tennis, cycling, kayaking and gardening.

I'm also moving toward healthier food and drink options. I'm actually adopting mostly food choices from my time in Costa Rica at the moment. I've found a couple of local grocery stores that source delicious foods from Mexico and Central America. I love  particular types of refried beans, salsa and nachos. I'm also eating a lot more fruit, and should continue to increase veggies that aren't popcorn or chips. 😉  

My outdoor garden hardscape projects are complete, and I'm enjoying decorating and spending time in them. I've been gathering creative ideas from gardening TV series, such as the RHS Chelsea Garden Show 2023. There are some fabulous tips and inspiring gardens presented in this program. I particularly like how they encourage being a "little messy" in your yard and intentionally allow weeds and other wild flowers to grow to encourage pollinator activity.

I've been pretty successful with keeping up my hiking, tennis and gardening. I've only been kayaking and cycling once or twice. My knee and hamstring pain during these activities are causing me to avoid doing them. I'm still staying active, though.

Food and drink are doing better, which is great! I've even seen my dss adopting healthier eating habits. Dh is also bringing home less junk food and less frequently. 

My next goal for July is to get my hamstring attended to from my dr and physiotherapy. I can't go on living with this pain. I'll address the knee at some point, too, though I suspect that won't be a "quick fix" with PT, sadly.

• Like 2

June 26 check in;

Walking/hiking:  Yesterday was day 278

Other exercise-  weight lifting-  finished week 11 .  I start week 12 today.

Nothing on decluttering since it’s busy ministry season.  Though I tore the house apart last night looking for something and decluttering might have reached a new priority in my mind. . .

Yard work- Am halfway through barking a new tree circle.

I have freed half of the fence that's being pushed down by the gravel pile.

Ministry-  Ministry #1 is done for the year.  It went really well and there is interest in making it a yearly event.

Full steam ahead on Ministry #2.  Ack!  Willy Nilly!

Reading- still reading “Jack” by George Sayer.  I have been so tired lately that I don't think that I read it at all this past week. 

Bible study- yup

Social - making arrangements to get together with another pastor's wife next week.

"Getting ready to retire" stuff:  had a meeting.  I have an email full of attachments to review as a result.  Need to make time to do that.  Ugh.  

• Like 1

June Goals

Health - follow up appt regarding blood work and foot (x-rays, possible surgery), follow new food plan armed with blood glucose and blood fat information. Done; it was a good month for this goal

Hike/Walk - 150 kilometers 121km

Bike - 4 bike rides of varying lengths I did three bike rides and might be able to do one today. 36.5 miles

Officiating - None this month; complete recertification None but did complete recertification and am good to go for 2023-2024

Paint 1 room For the 6th month, this goal has not been accomplished. Mental paralysis?!?!?

New adventure - Be Wild! This one is frustrating. Blocked by other people's choices and requests for my time and resources.

Apherisis - 2 donations Done. Reached my 4 Gallon milestone.

Do I really need a new volunteer opportunity? I already volunteer once a week. Have decided to put this off until I have a better grasp on my physical wellness and the training with the new dog.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...