Menu

This is just nuts

DawnM

This job......people are getting so offended at the tiniest thing.   I am so done with this school year.

Today one of the counselors at the school told me that a parent was horrid to her and asked if I could deal with it.   I called the parent and she screamed and ranted at me and then hung up on me.

On another note, I sent an email to a parent and CCed the social worker on it and the social worker came to me and said, "You need to come ASK me if you can refer parents to me."   (um no, no I don't and that will never happen.). Then she said, "And I don't appreciate you telling the parent that the social worker with help, my name is NOT "the social worker",. I have a NAME!"

ARGH!   I wanted to reply with, "ok, but you can refer to me as "the school counselor" because I choose not to get offended by stupid sh*t."

But I didn't.....aren't you proud of me?

But seriously, this is ridiculous.

• Sad 23

Yes!! It's bad enough with the parents, but when your own coworkers are against you, it's really draining, I'm sure. Hang on-we're almost there. This is my last full day with students. I am funding the party in hopes that if parents don't buy supplies, they will keep kids home on Friday. We cleaned out supplies yesterday-I've actually been sending things home a little at a time for a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

End of year frustrations.  My colleague, also a university administrator, is not receiving marks spreadsheets from one lecturer, which she can add to the university grading system with a single upload button.  He instead is giving her all the scripts and telling her to upload the grades one by one from the physical scripts.  A), that's not how the system has every worked in this department, and B) this guy is very meticulous, so I can't believe that he does not have a spreadsheet that he reviews for the equity of the marks, but which he is deliberately withholding from her.  Aaaargh. 

She is going through channels about him.  And I am taking on some of the modules that he teaches next year, to reduce their interaction.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Geez. I’m sorry you have to deal with ridiculous people.

I’m petty enough that I would start saying things like “Brenda Smith, the social worker” will help you or “the social worker, Brenda Smith, can take care of that” 

Im so over people

Edited by saraha
  • Like 3

I am so sorry you are dealing with such petty people, Dawn. 

I just had a professor rant at me by email about being marked down on their faculty evaluation for not fully completing required professional development. She says the whole system is ridiculous and needs to change, but this is a college-wide system that we as department chairs have no control over.

• Sad 1