Menu

Anyone Tackling Mother's Day?

math teacher

Happy Mother's Day!! I won't be going out to eat. Dh is working, but he knows I would rather eat boxed pizza than go out for Mother's Day. It's just too busy!!  I still plan to get some things done:

more coffee

laundry 

cook some more for the freezer

finish the floors

stain the railing (leftover from yesterday)

clean a ceiling fan (leftover from yesterday)

bank statement (leftover from yesterday)

write church checks (leftover from yesterday)

shred

weed in the flower bed

groceries

plant some marigold seeds

work on living room decor

wipe down the washer

• Like 3

Happy Mother's Day! We never go out to eat on days like today. Eating out is not something I value at all and I certainly would value it even less on a busy eating out day. Dh and I made it to the gym this morning. When I got home I was greeted by kids running at me with homemade cards. 

Now I'm relaxing while dh makes me waffles and dd3 covers me with stickers while yelling ' Happy birthday, wait no Mother's Day!'

We're going to do some yardwork today, go to the park, and maybe Goodwill. Dh is making me dinner tonight and we'll likely watch a movie as a family at some point 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Happy Mother's Day! We never go out to eat on days like today. Eating out is not something I value at all and I certainly would value it even less on a busy eating out day. Dh and I made it to the gym this morning. When I got home I was greeted by kids running at me with homemade cards. 

Now I'm relaxing while dh makes me waffles and dd3 covers me with stickers while yelling ' Happy birthday, wait no Mother's Day!'

We're going to do some yardwork today, go to the park, and maybe Goodwill. Dh is making me dinner tonight and we'll likely watch a movie as a family at some point 

No one here to cook for me, but I made myself rice pudding. Haven't had it in ages and was craving it.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, math teacher said:

No one here to cook for me, but I made myself rice pudding. Haven't had it in ages and was craving it.

I don't need anyone to cook for me. The big thing is I don't want to cook for anyone else today. I hate cooking. If I was just feeding myself I'd cook one big batch of something once a week and eat that all week. 

Thankfully, during the week cooking is split pretty evenly between dh and I now that he has normal work hours

• Like 5

Not much tackling! Mostly lounging!

I am having b’fast and coffee and watching the rain.

Shower
Church
Mother’s Day get together with IL’s.

Read
Watch something

Church will be difficult. Our senior pastor, who lost his 9 yo daughter in the shooting, is preaching for the first time since it happened. His daughter would have made her profession of faith today and had the Lord’s Supper for the first time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

@ScoutTN, I'm praying for him and their family now. That will be such a hard thing to do knowing what could have been! I'm just so very sorry! 

We went to the early service at church, and I just went grocery shopping. 

Dh is making burgers for lunch because we didn't want to go out to eat for lunch since it will be so busy everywhere. We might eat out dinner, though. 

I'm going to work more on the book club stuff today. Still researching activities we might can do. 

I need to research some ideas for me and my daddy to go somewhere early June. Dh and dd are going to California for 10 days, so it will be a good time to focus on him. I will need to go up to Chattanooga every couple of days to take care of dd's cat. Her roommate decided to move out soon. 

• Like 4

picked up groceries, noticed all the people coming out with just flower bouquets or hanging baskets. 🌸

Put away groceries, mini fridge is working so was able to get a few refrigerator items.

spent time outside with dog this am we saw 5 deer run across the front yard down to the river. I thought it was beautiful, dog thought she needed to bark them off.

Edited by history-fan
  • Like 5

Driving home from the park now. It was beautiful and I had a wonderful conversation about our gardens with an older man who was there with his grandkids.

We went to goodwill on the way home and I found a lands end kids backpack, I'm collecting good backpacks for when we go to Puerto Rico in January. The younger girls found a bunch of calico critter toys for $5 total. Dd13 found a pair of shoes. And dh found a nerf gun.

It has been a wonderful day 

• Like 5

Church was good. Chad’s sermon was very good. Emotional, of course. Not too long. 

We spent most of the day at MIL’s with Dh’s family. It was fun, but they wear me out.

Happy to be home and in my jammies. About to watch American Idol.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Yard work, park and goodwill sounds like my kind of day! 

• Like 3

Late happy mother's day!

I was asked what I wanted to do for Mother's Day, but I really don't want any of the fuss for myself.  I did want to go see my folks.  Most importantly, like every Mother's Day and birthday, I just don't want any stress.  Don't talk to me about work problems, don't suck me into petty fusses, don't guilt me about anything.

I slept in, had pumpkin roll for breakfast, and had my kid drive us to my folks' (about 2 hours of backroads driving practice).  Had a very nice visit with my folks, sister, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew.  It was a much shorter visit than usual, because my kid had to work in the evening.  But that was probably best for everyone involved.  Drove kid to work, came home and napped a bit, went and picked kid back up.  A little dog duty and homework nagging.

I hope to get a few work and personal things done before I crash for the night.

Kid says she finished her math homework and promises to get 100% on it.  But she won't show it to me.  I should probably insist on seeing it, shouldn't I?  Then why does that idea feel wrong to me?  She has a test this Wednesday.  I think she has enough information to pass it if she really tries.

Working on plans for my kid to get to see her out-of-town boyfriend later this month.  I'm not feeling very patient about the logistics right now.  Maybe I'll be in a better mood for it tomorrow.

• Like 1