Menu

The Cure

heartlikealion

Still have it going on. Saw them in New Orleans tonight. Vocals etc were great. They played like 2.5 hrs. They played my favorites. I tried to meet Robert after my friend bought merch but I think Robert left by then. We really don’t know. Waited outside, in a light rain, with other fans. They said they saw the drummer leave but we held out hope lol. Robert loves his fans so I don’t know what happened — definitely don’t think we were snubbed. 

Can’t attach video clips… files are too large. 

PSA: If you go to a concert investigate the bag policy. They were so strict at this venue! My friend had to ditch her purse (her spouse took it home) and I was able to get in with my non clear bag only because it folded up to the small clutch size permitted. Guys were outside selling tiny clear bags for $10. We couldn’t go back to a car — we had taken an Uber. 

180FA735-015C-44EB-AC39-6F8FDFDC6A87.jpeg

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

So glad you had fun. I love hearing about your concert adventures 🙂

I love post-concert adventures too. It's the icing on the cake.

I went to one a couple weeks ago and was two rows behind front of stage. Ministry, Front Line Assembly and Gary Numan. 

4251D6C0-78F2-4B0C-ABA7-0F6F57DF37F2.jpeg

Edited by heartlikealion
  • Like 4

So fun! Our radio station here is talking about the NO show and how great it was -- they play Houston tonight, and I am sadly not going. (DH has a dumb 5-song rule for me, in that I must be able to name, from memory, at least 5 songs by a given band before he'll buy tickets....as I am hopeless with that, even with artists that I can sing along to everything they've ever played, it's really hopeless when it's a band I only know about 2 songs or something....). 

*it's fair, though, 'cause I'm such a concert addict I'll ask for tickets to things where I've maybe heard/know one song by the band. DH just looks at me skeptically and I acknowledge probably he's right - our budget certainly needs the limit, or I'd be at everything possible....

So glad you had a great time!!! 

• Like 2

I would love to see them!  

Thanks for the bag policy reminder.  We are hitting a show on the last Dead and Co tour in a few weeks and I completely neglected to consider the bag policy!  We are flying so need to think ahead.  We tend to go to smaller venues and festivals with lax policies so that was not on my radar at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I roadtripped to Sydney with two of my daughters in February. We had such great seats. And goodness we had fun. I felt young again 😄

Screenshot_20230511-183304~2.png

That’s awesome! I know when tickets went on sale for this tour it was a huge scrabble to get them. I sent my gf money via vemno (she had the verified acct) a couple months ago and she actually upgraded us (spent more than I sent) and had to put tickets in cart at least twice before she was able to check out and hold onto some. I know after fees the tickets we had were close to $100 each. And her husband didn’t want to come back after taking the purse. He wasn’t a big Cure fan but was just coming along. 

I did not buy one of these drinks. But my friend is a sweetheart and insisted I get a souvenir. She bought me a cloth bag with the tour date. 

5F330659-25BC-4947-A5B4-CF6CCB896AC8.jpeg

• Like 6

I've heard that the US has dynamic pricing for tickets. I'm not sure exactly how that works, but it sounds terrible.

Does it mean that you really don't know how much your tickets are going to cost you until you're online about to buy them?

We have laws around ticketing here - no dynamic pricing and a 10% limit on reselling. 

31 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I've heard that the US has dynamic pricing for tickets. I'm not sure exactly how that works, but it sounds terrible.

Does it mean that you really don't know how much your tickets are going to cost you until you're online about to buy them?

We have laws around ticketing here - no dynamic pricing and a 10% limit on reselling. 

Your laws sound amazing. 

Yes, that's exactly what it means - it's very similar to airline pricing (at least here).  The price can even fluctuate day to day, hour to hour (on the regular, original point of sale site; it's even worse on the reselling sites). 

20 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Your laws sound amazing. 

Yes, that's exactly what it means - it's very similar to airline pricing (at least here).  The price can even fluctuate day to day, hour to hour (on the regular, original point of sale site; it's even worse on the reselling sites). 

I just can't even imagine this. So you're online, sitting in the virtual queue, and you don't know what your ticket will cost when it's your turn and it's in your basket?

1 minute ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I just can't even imagine this. So you're online, sitting in the virtual queue, and you don't know what your ticket will cost when it's your turn and it's in your basket?

Hmm. I'm trying to think when the price shows up....I *believe* that once you are through to the "pick your seat" phase, you can see the price. Of course, that generally is NOT including the fees, which show up when you move to check-out.  

So, you're in the queue, and you've got no idea (I vaguely think they may tell you the range??? I have no idea). 

You pick your seats, either by a price range mechanism (so you can select the price range, or "best available" or what have you), or via the seating chart (in which you hover over a seat, and the price pops up, so you know the base price). For hot ticket items, the seating chart method is faster usually. 

Then you select/add to cart and head to check-out, at which point it reveals the full price with the fees, which are often very high, yes. You can still back out and select cheaper seats instead at that point (at the risk of, will there still be some?) if the total is too much. It's a whole thing, and quite a fiasco, and with the dynamic pricing if you check once, don't buy right away, wait a few weeks, there are still seats....if demand heated up, you might find that they are now going to cost more (although conversely, if demand has stalled, you may find you pay less....). It's rather ridiculous. 

I didn’t place this order but I placed other orders and I didn’t have a “line” to deal with. I did have an idea of price before ordering but then they add these extra fees and it jumps up. Robert Smith fought with Ticketmaster over their fees. Another reason we love him. 

There were seats as low as $20 for this venue for The Cure… in the nosebleeds… but after fees even those were probably like $40. 

This is the first concert I’ve attended where I sat at all/had a chair. I normally attend events where the whole floor is marked as general admission and you stand anywhere. But that standing killed me at the Ministry show. I was there from approx 6:30-11pm. At The Cure we chose to skip the opening act (I heard the sound was awful or the band was… or both. Band called Twilight Sad). The Cure went on around 8-8:15 pm? And played between 2.5-3 hours. 

I cannot STAND Seat Geek, don’t get me started. Do not ever purchase from them. I’m stuck with ticket credit on their site (long story) and when I saw banners with Seat Geek at the venue I got mad. No one should ever promote them. Bigger rip off than Ticketmaster.

Another PSA: bring ear plugs. I don’t care where you are, it’s loud. I wore mine all night. But my ears are more sensitive than others… 

Edited by heartlikealion
  • Like 1