Menu

Is it still hard to get appliances?

Zebra

I'm in the process of selling my house.    I was planning to keep the washer/dryer because last I heard appliances were still hard to get.   I couldn't care less about this particular washer/dryer, but I care very much about living for months without them!   

Of course, the buyer wants them.    I'm trying to decide how big of a deal this is.   

2 summers ago we bought a fridge and it was a WHOLE THING.    Just a complete PITA.    I can't remember how many months it took.    However, last summer we bought a stove.  I wasn't remotely picky, went with whatever they had and it came the next day.   

So, does anyone have recent experience buying appliances, and specifically a washer/dryer?    How difficult was it?  TIA!

We went to Home Depot to look for toilet seat cover and went to look at washer and dryers at the same time. The store we went to have plenty of stock of LGs so the staff there was encouraging us to buy one. Best Buy in store was able to tell us which models they have more stock of. Both places have very few models that aren’t fancy push buttons, LCD display kind. We were looking for a larger capacity washer that is simple and only found a GE profile washer that is close to what we would like to buy.

Edited by Arcadia
typo

We just bought an LG washer last Monday night and had it delivered Saturday (so like five days later). We looked at another model that would have been delivered a few days later. 

We weren’t super picky - just looking at the lower end models and something we could get quickly. So we didn’t shop around and we only looked at Home Depot. So getting it wasn’t an issue. It was very expensive- prices sure have gone up as they have with virtually everything. 

We are getting ready to list our house for sale this summer. I can just imagine that after buying this (and a new dryer less than a year ago) we will end up buying somewhere that requires stackable units. Ugh. 

If you have big box stores in your area you should be able to look on their websites and see what they have in stock. Someone I know purchased a washer last week and was able to get one delivered a couple of days later. But I don't think she had her heart set on a specific brand or model, which certainly could make a difference. We bought a range and dishwasher a few months ago (late October/early November) and had no difficulty finding ones that were both in stock and on sale.