Menu

IF you do baked goods for your friends what are you making?

Last year we made Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti, drizzled with white chocolate. They were so easy and we gave them away with some flavored coffee. Here's the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cranberry-Pistachio-Biscotti/Detail.aspx

Two years ago we gave Cranberry Hootycreek Cookies in a Jar and got great feedback on them:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cranberry-Hootycreeks/Detail.aspx

I don't know what to make this year. I am having major will-power issues and am afraid to bake cookies for fear of eating too many. I was thinking about Cranberry-Orange Bread, but am still looking for the right recipe and some mini-loaf pans.

Have fun baking.

I am looking for something to give my neighbors for Christmas. We normally give baked goods.

We gave cookies last year and brownies the year before that.

I thought about making some onion bread..but haven't made that in YEARS!

I do Beer Bread, Peppermint Bark, and I am adding the Starbucks Pumpkin Scones I made a few times, the recipe was from this board they are sooooo tasty! I also add a pouch of our homemade recipe for White Hot Chocolate.

I've done cocoa in jars. This year I'm making peanut butter fudge. It's quick and easy and YUMMY!!!

2 lbs powdered sugar

4 sticks butter

2 cups peanut butter

Melt the butter and peanut butter on the stove on low heat. Don't let it boil or scorch.

Slowly whisk in the powdered sugar (I usually leave the stove on very low to get the smooth consistency you need.)

Once it's mixed and smooth, pour into bar pan and use waxed paper to smooth out.

I cut it into bite sized squares so it makes about 70.

Merry Christmas!

Put in freezer for 1/2 hour until solid.

I've been making chocolate baskets for gifts (friends/teachers/co-workers) for nearly 20 years! They are always warmly received.

WHAT CAN BE BETTER THAT PLAYING WITH CHOCOLATE PLAYDOUGH!

I have how-to instructions in my LONG FORGOTTEN blog

I really need to go back and re-word the instructions as it seems much more difficult than it really is.

I'm making these with my dd's 1st grade class tomorrow. (plus 3 for teacher gifts).

If you can roll a 'snake' out of clay then you CAN make these! They are 100%edible!!!

izateecher_CB9.jpg

I sent three kinds in my packages: chocolate chip, ginger snaps and pecan crescents. I'm planning to do more of all three for a platter for my husband to take to work on Friday and will probably just make a bunch extra for my son to take to his Nutcracker cast party on Saturday and his after-concert choir reception on Sunday.

In past years, I've made really nice wheat bread with various kinds of nuts, various types of muffins and lots of different kinds of cookies. All have been well received.

I'm thinking I might do pecan-raisin bread next year, since I've recently found a recipe I really like for that.

The kids made caramels for friends and mentor/teacher types. (My 9yo made a batch by herself, and even my youngest 5yo absolutely loved getting to help wrap the caramels.)

As a family, we're handing out multigrain cinnamon pancake mix and letting our neighbors do their own cooking. :001_smile: (Some are also getting a jar of apricot syrup, too, but I don't have enough for everyone.)

Here's the (very easy) mix in case you're interested:

2 1/2 cups flour (various: wheat, corn, oat, barley, white bean, brown rice--I just put the grains in our grinder)

1/2 c dry powdered milk

1 t cinnamon

2 t baking powder

1/2 t salt

I put it in a sandwich-sized ziplock with a label that says what it is and to add 2 eggs, 2 c water, and 4 T oil (chopped apples and nuts optional). Then it goes in a cello gift bag.

Edited by LauraL
mistake in recipe

I am really torn about this. In years past, I have made fudge, sour cream pound cake, carrot/pineapple bread, sour cream/chocolate marble cookies and a few other kinds of cookies. I am wanting something very quick and easy this year. I was thinking about magic cookie bars but I really hate to give out anything with nuts because you never know who is allergic to nuts. I know about my immediate neighbors of course but this would not work for place exposed to the public like doctors, dentist and such. Probably pound cakes for them. Maybe all of those super sweet Christmas cookies.