Menu

Well-trained bodies - December

Laura Corin

Last night dh and I walked the neighborhood to see the lights. It was very warm--high was 57° and it hadn't cooled much. And we're supposed to have a lot of rain this week so that may have been my last chance for lights (had been too busy all month to do an evening walk). So that was my exercise. Today I did 30 min on the treadmill. I'm wanting to make some eating changes but not sure how successful I'll be as long as the girls are home (and one has a bday this week--chocolate cake involved). But in the new year dh and I will try to get our healthy habits going again. For today my goal is to get 5 servings of fruit and veggies. May not stop all the bad stuff going in, but at least I can make sure there is some good stuff. So far an apple. Need to make a batch of oatmeal too (with berries and apple).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, heartlikealion said:

I might delete this later, but here's a significant progress photo comparison. The left photo, super unflattering/I'm slouching, was on Facebook in June from an event I attended. The Dec. photo was taken yesterday. I feel so much better and actually crave exercising most days. 

WeightLoss.png

You're looking great!

@Soror sorry to hear about the symptoms. 

Christmas day - quick walk with the dog to post a last-minute card.

Boxing Day - three-mile walk, then 25 minutes of yoga.

I'm going to start trying to alternate yoga and weights more formally, and drop in some more serious cardio - hiking or rowing machine - at weekends. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@heartlikealion Girl, you are looking fabulous! I love that outfit too. I love seeing you grow and change. You've put in a lot of hard work-- physically and mentally.

@Laura Corin Great idea to start talking about goals. And good goals too. I think actually it might be good to start the Jan thread early for those that are looking to make changes in the new year... hmmm--- I just tried out a rowing machine at the gym the other day. I need to watch videos again I feel very uncoordinated with it.

--------------------------

I'm feeling better here. I was afraid the suffering would drag out like it did on Thanksgiving but I guess that bit of restraint I had helped shorten the duration. (next step is just not to overindulge at all--- it is not worth the suffering)

I was really sluggish on my walk yesterday but I did get out. I slept well last night and my stomach feels ok so I'm hoping for a much better walk today.

Today's plan: 

Day 13 Power Yoga Series- 30 min; Pickleball (ya!)- 2hrs?; outdoors walk- aiming for at least 30 minutes; short bodyweight strength training- 20 min

Seems I better hustle today as I'm also a bit behind on some cleaning with taking it mostly easy yesterday and the holidays this weekend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, ladies. 

I need to make more intentional weight training a priority. Has anyone here used the cloth bands? I’m debating returning the rubbery ones but then again maybe I’ll just keep them. 

Yesterday evening I did 53 min on bike and my steps for the day ended up being 15,857. I have been eating more off menu stuff so the exercise may or may not create a deficit but I’m enjoying time with the kids and different food. If you saw my other thread, xh pulled the rug out from under me and moved them to another city over his winter break time. Is this legal or fair? Don’t have all the answers yet. Just going to enjoy our time together. 

Kids are asleep. I may do a morning walk in a few min. 

Edited by heartlikealion
  • Like 4

I have not exercised at all the last few days due to driving and partying. There was absolutely no margin as we had too much driving between events to fit anything in. 

Today I went to PT. I did get in some running but the whole circuit was shortened. I have one more session after ds’ wedding and then I am on my own. Still get twinges of pins/needles every day but this is as much PT as can be done for now. The trick will be to keep up with the exercises and anti-inflammatory protocols in a disciplined way on my own so I don’t lose ground.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

It has been challenging getting walking in between family gatherings and medical appointments, and just being tired.  It took me almost 30min to walk a little over a mile today, but half of that is due to having to walk through somewhat deep, rather wet snow. It's getting warmer over the next few days so my trail should be getting easier to navigate.

• Like 5