Menu

Black Friday/Holiday Sales

TechWife

Pyrex.com has a 50% off sale. I needed a new hot/cold pack for my pyrex portables and a new measuring cup because the lettering wore off  

ETA: The prices are about half of Amazon, but I am not sure if you get the 50% off unless you spend $149. I'm confused.

They have a bunch of themed glass storage products like Black Panther, Nightmare before Christmas, Hello Kitty, Star Wars, etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LucyStoner said:

After the oven shenanagins today, I want a counter top roasting oven.  Well, I really want a larger kitchen in a larger home and a double oven.  But I’ll settle for a roasting oven I can pop the ham in so we aren’t rotating it with the Turkey all afternoon.  🤣

I’m not getting a larger kitchen or a larger home or double wall ovens. What I do have is a regular sized freestanding stove with a full sized oven and a half sized oven. It’s a game changer and worth sacrificing the lid/pan drawer at the bottom. Something to think about if you ever replace your range. 

• Like 2

The Galaxy Watch 5 is $229 at multiple online and in store locations. That's $50 off regular price. I believe the Watch 5 Pro is also on sale.

I went to Target Wednesday to get the Fitbit Versa 4 since the 3 I have is being discontinued and the 4 is on a Black Friday sale. I came home with the Galaxy 5 instead. 😂 

• Haha 1

JC Penny has some ridiculously good deals on Casio watches including G-Shocks.

Here are a few that I consider standouts:

Casio AE-1200 $13.48 This "World Timer" model is beloved by Casio watch enthusiasts and is known as the "Casio Royale" by its fans due to a resemblance to watch worn by Roger Moore in a James Bond movie (which was actually a Seiko, but...). This watch has some amazing features including the ability to track multiple time zones. One can set the digital display to one time zone, the digi-analogue quadrant ton the upper left to another, and one can also scroll the world map to change the main display to different cities, say LA, NY, London, Paris, Kyiv, Tokyo, etc. It is a nice size, lightweight, and has a great orange backlight for reading at night. These generally go for $20-25 and are an insane deal at that price. $13.48 is a give away. 

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/casio-table-mens-digital-black-strap-watch-ae1200wh1cos/ppr5007982140?pTmplType=regular&deptId=dept20000020&catId=cat100240089&rrplacementtype=search2_jrecs

image.png

The G-Shock DW5600e-1v $32 This is the current version of the classic "square" G-Shock that started it all. Iconic watch that's often called the more durable watch in existence. Clean design. Comfortable to wear. Not small, but not huge. 200 meters water resistance (which is the same as most high-end dive watches. The sort of watch a person can wear "on the job," any job. Construction, law enforcement, military, EMT. Will endure almost anything. These typically sell for $45-50. $32 is a steal.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/casio-g-shock-mens-multi-function-digital-black-strap-watch-dw5600e-1v/pp5004820393?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=g+shock+58600&productGridView=medium&urlState=brand%3Dg-shock

61c5ftLCaKL._AC_UY879_.jpg

GWM5610-1CR $70. This watch is very similar to the "square" DW-5600 above. What makes this different (aside from the red stripe on the bezel) is that this watch syncs to the broadcast signal of what's called the "atomic clock," with the result being that this watch will always keep virtually perfect time. Great for those who highly value "precision." The other cool feature is that it is solar powered. So it should go for at least 10 years (and probably a lot longer than that) w/o needing a battery or servicing. And one session in the sun is said to be good for 6 months of use. These typically sell for $111. Again, $70 is a steal. Those watching pennies may prefer the 5600 above. This is the "high-status" model.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/casio-g-shock-tough-solar-mens-atomic-timekeeping-chronograph-watch-gwm5610-1cr/pp5004800202?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=g+shock+510&productGridView=medium&urlState=brand%3Dg-shock

DP0322202207025722M?resmode=sharp2&op_sh

Happy shopping!

Bill

• Like 1

Just now, Spy Car said:

JC Penny has some ridiculously good deals on Casio watches including G-Shocks.

Here are a few that I consider standouts:

Casio AE-1200 $13.48 This "World Timer" model is beloved by Casio watch enthusiasts and is known as the "Casio Royale" by its fans due to a resemblance to watch worn by Roger Moore in a James Bond movie (which was actually a Seiko, but...). This watch has some amazing features including the ability to track multiple time zones. One can set the digital display to one time zone, the digi-analogue quadrant ton the upper left to another, and one can also scroll the world map to change the main display to different cities, say LA, NY, London, Paris, Kyiv, Tokyo, etc. It is a nice size, lightweight, and has a great orange backlight for reading at night. These generally go for $20-25 and are an insane deal at that price. $13.48 is a give away. 

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/casio-table-mens-digital-black-strap-watch-ae1200wh1cos/ppr5007982140?pTmplType=regular&deptId=dept20000020&catId=cat100240089&rrplacementtype=search2_jrecs

image.png

The G-Shock DW5600e-1v $32 This is the current version of the classic "square" G-Shock that started it all. Iconic watch that's often called the more durable watch in existence. Clean design. Comfortable to wear. Not small, but not huge. 200 meters water resistance (which is the same as most high-end dive watches. The sort of watch a person can wear "on the job," any job. Construction, law enforcement, military, EMT. Will endure almost anything. These typically sell for $45-50. $32 is a steal.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/casio-g-shock-mens-multi-function-digital-black-strap-watch-dw5600e-1v/pp5004820393?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=g+shock+58600&productGridView=medium&urlState=brand%3Dg-shock

61c5ftLCaKL._AC_UY879_.jpg

GWM5610-1CR $70. This watch is very similar to the "square" DW-5600 above. What makes this different (aside from the red stripe on the bezel) is that this watch syncs to the broadcast signal of what's called the "atomic clock," with the result being that this watch will always keep virtually perfect time. Great for those who highly value "precision." The other cool feature is that it is solar powered. So it should go for at least 10 years (and probably a lot longer than that) w/o needing a battery or servicing. And one session in the sun is said to be good for 6 months of use. These typically sell for $111. Again, $70 is a steal. Those watching pennies may prefer the 5600 above. This is the "high-status" model.

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/casio-g-shock-tough-solar-mens-atomic-timekeeping-chronograph-watch-gwm5610-1cr/pp5004800202?pTmplType=regular&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=g+shock+510&productGridView=medium&urlState=brand%3Dg-shock

DP0322202207025722M?resmode=sharp2&op_sh

Happy shopping!

Bill

Bill, can I ask why you like Casios?  I know nothing about watches, but I can just remember these from my childhood.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Bill, can I ask why you like Casios?  I know nothing about watches, but I can just remember these from my childhood.  

They are fun, they are very inexpensive, amazing value, they keep great time, and they are rugged.

They have a certain "geek-factor" that can go either way, but even people who collect very expensive "high horology" watches typically have a couple Casios in their collections to wear when the occasion demands, and the Casios get rightful "respect" even from so-called "watch-snobs."

These are absolute tools. The genuine article.

Bill

ETA: I also love (love love) the small and very thin F-91W Casio.

I expressed how much I loved mine one too many times, so my wife (who has a tiny wrist) tried it on recently and it is now hers. Looks great on her. Wears perfectly.

The F-91W is a watch I (and many) consider one of the most iconic watches ever made (at any price). It is also (by far) the most popular watch ever made. They can sometimes be had for $12, but most places are currently about $16 at the moment.

Here is one cool dude rocking an F-91W:

Obama_F91.jpg?v=1562174542

origin.jpg

Such a cool-retro design IMO.

The backlight is truly terrible on these (but everyone accepts this as part of the charm).

JC Penny has f-91Ws in translucent jelly colors (Clear, Pink, Bluish-Gray, and baby Blue) on sale now for $13.48. Perhaps not a "steal," but not bad for those who are not bound to the traditional black versions:

https://www.jcpenney.com/s?searchTerm=f91w

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...