Menu

Remodel question

Scarlett

Remodeling our bathroom. We are keeping the vanity base and cabinet above toilet. They will be painted black with new hardware. New countertop and sink.  White but not stark. Dh took off the builders grade mirror, cut it down to a better size and build a nice wooden frame around it. We were planning on painting it  black but the  wood he used us beautiful maple do now he wants to stain it. 
opinions please 

I love the combination of black and white with natural wood, I think wood really helps warm up a combination that can otherwise look a bit stark, but I would not want the mirror to be the only wood element in an otherwise black & white space. If the floors or trim are natural wood, or you can introduce other wood elements (ETA: or even something like baskets in a similar tone to the wood of the mirror), then I would stain the mirror. But if everything else will be B&W (or if the walls are already a 3rd color) then I would paint the mirror.

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 8

I don't have any thoughts on the decor.  I get really hung up on houses having some feng shui with the rest of the house and the era/build of the home in general.

But a number of years back we did 2 bathroom remodels and the best thing we did was get timers on our exhaust fans!  You can push the button and have it on for 10 to 60 minutes.  We'd almost never remember use the fans when we had to manually turn them on and off.  As an aside, we have a teen with covid right now and the timed fan has been nice for that too since we have to share her closest bathroom at least a little.

37 minutes ago, catz said:

I don't have any thoughts on the decor.  I get really hung up on houses having some feng shui with the rest of the house and the era/build of the home in general.

But a number of years back we did 2 bathroom remodels and the best thing we did was get timers on our exhaust fans!  You can push the button and have it on for 10 to 60 minutes.  We'd almost never remember use the fans when we had to manually turn them on and off.  As an aside, we have a teen with covid right now and the timed fan has been nice for that too since we have to share her closest bathroom at least a little.

Timers are a great idea.  We bought a fan/light combo with a night light in two colors and Bluetooth.  

11 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

I want to see!  I’m planning a black and white powder room. No idea when I’ll ever get around to DOING it, but the planning is fun!

The tile is definitely in the brown family although light so I don’t think it is really black and white.  My accent tile has some black on it.  

22 minutes ago, Annie G said:

Can’t quite see the sink decoration-is there a cowboy boot on it? 
‘That shower! Those shells! I was so sure you were exaggerating about how ugly it was. You were not. 
I bet the new bathroom is beautiful!!! And kudos to your dh for the mirror fix

Yes cowboy boots and hats. 🤦🏻‍♀️

when I showed my friend the pics she says ‘ oh that is way worse than I imagined’. 

• Haha 2