Menu

Well that was fast… DD3 has Covid

Katy

There should really be a national chain of people, maybe nursing students or CNA’s who you can call to come work for a few days to watch everyone while adults are sick. It’s been a long time since we were all sick at the same time. I forgot how frustrating it is. Especially when DH will not get out of bed for anything because he’s “too sick.”

• Sad 9

6 hours ago, Katy said:

There should really be a national chain of people, maybe nursing students or CNA’s who you can call to come work for a few days to watch everyone while adults are sick. It’s been a long time since we were all sick at the same time. I forgot how frustrating it is. Especially when DH will not get out of bed for anything because he’s “too sick.”

So hard when you have littles. I think this has been the biggest thing that made life easier when my kids got older. When I get sick now I can rest and someone else can cook and clean a bit. Maybe not to my standard but enough that I can recuperate. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

So hard when you have littles. I think this has been the biggest thing that made life easier when my kids got older. When I get sick now I can rest and someone else can cook and clean a bit. Maybe not to my standard but enough that I can recuperate. 

Yep.  I remember when we got the flu. Boys were 18 months and 3 1/2 years old. They caught it first. By the time we caught it, they were fine. At that time, the playroom was off the living room (actually a bedroom). I had DVD's playing 24/7.  For several days, I would crawl to the fridge and throw a yogurt at them... I remember thinking I wonder how long they can live on yogurt. But neither I nor my husband had any energy.  We had only been in the house a couple of months, hadn't unpacked and had no friends yet and no family nearby.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

Just to give our experience since your positive is so light.  DS1 had super faint line on day 6 after exposure.  I tested him 3 days later and he was negative.  He was negative again the next day.  He was hardly sick.

I tested again today and it is as dark as it can be. All of us have it now. 

• Sad 4

On 8/15/2022 at 9:10 AM, Katy said:

His test is still negative, but he’s the only one spending the day in bed. 

My COVID tests never turned positive. But right before those who did get positives in our house got them, I spent and entire 24 hours in bed, without the energy to do anything other than sleep. No temperature. No stomach issues. Occasionally  felt cold/hot/etc. Just total exhaustion.

IF This was COVID, I actually had the most symptoms of anyone in the family. Even though my daughter and husband both tested positive, my husband had no symptoms at all and my daughter had only a touch of nausea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 12:22 PM, Katy said:

That's a really great idea!