Menu

August Healthy Eating

Selkie

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Daikon and broccoli microgreens. Muesli with scarlet runner beans, plums, cantaloupe, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, apple, banana, kiwi, mango, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Colander of greens (baby bok choy and lettuces). Lavash flatbread with cucumber, tomato, red onion, scallions, cashew mayo, sriracha.

Dinner - Summer rolls (rice paper, rice noodles, tofu, avocado, scallions, cucumber, carrot, yellow bell pepper, mango, red cabbage, basil). Sesame peanut dipping sauce.

ETA: Vanilla black walnut nice cream for dessert.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 2

Saturday-  it is Saturday isn’t it?

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares 

dinner- Rotisserie chicken, potato salad, chocolate squares 

hard boiled eggs 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
Typo
  • Like 2

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens and watercress. Muesli with adzuki beans, plum, mango, banana, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, apple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, macadamias, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (lettuces, radicchio, kale, baby bok choy). Whole wheat pita with cucumber, tomato, scallions, yellow bell pepper, cashew mayo, sriracha.

Dinner - Leftover night - summer rolls with peanut sesame dipping sauce, a small bowl of mushroom vegetable stew, and a whole wheat bagel.

• Like 3

Saturday- mixed berries, chia seeds, flax seeds

lunch- salad with greens, green pepper. Cucumber, onion, microgreens  1/2 apple with PB

dinner chipotle chicken salad with chips and queso 

Sunday - we played pickleball all day so I had 1 1/2 PBJ and some seed granola somewhere in there 

dinner- chicken, salad, green beans, broccoli, half baked potato. 

• Like 3

I have been out of town enjoying our annual family thing with dh's sister's family. So thrilled that my grown-up kids could come with their significant others. 

Food has been an interesting mishmash. I'll give a general summary. 

Breakfast--eggs and white tea with rose, sometimes also fruit. Always a good option, though I've been limited eggs to once or twice a week, so I went over my limit. Still, eggs are not junk food, so I am fine with this.

Lunch--either dinner leftovers or organic lunch meat with gf crackers, fruit. So far, so good.

Dinner--Each of our dinners has been healthy and gluten free and dairy free. Burrito bowls one night, bison burgers another night, and grilled chicken another night. Tonight the rest of the family ordered pizza. There was nothing gf available, so I ate leftovers from the fridge.

Snacks--Not great. Dd went to some effort to bring me some gf and df treats from the vegan cafe she's been working at this summer, bless her. Those are healthier than processed, packaged treats, but still high in sugar. And throughout the whole extended weekend the whole group has had cookies or chips as snacks or accompaniments to meals. For me, it's been less than what the others were eating but more than what I want or what is healthy. I fell into the trap of feeling deprived as others were eating abundantly, especially on pizza night, Pizza was the hardest thing for me to give up for my gluten and dairy intolerance. While I can honestly say my dd is enthusiatic in her support of the dietary changes I've had to make, I don't like to fuss or draw attention around the rest of the group. When I vacation just with dh, I am better at sticking to the plan. 

I'll have one more disrupted day this week when I take ds back to university, but my plan is to eat a solid breakfast at home, plan for Panera or Chipotle for lunch, and bring along a snack pack of gf crackers and nuts and fruit. Perhaps a flavored tea will help me feel as though I have treats, too. 

• Like 3

We worked outside all weekend (building project). Food was ok. No excessive snacking since we were busy. I didn't get any lunch prepped and am not sure what I'll have. 

before workout: berries/homemade muesli (asstd seeds/nuts + gf oats)/ nf plain greek yogurt/ soy milk

after workout: eggs/spinach/turkey bacon/sweet potato

lunch: ? 

snack: homemade protein bar (plant based protein powder/pb/maple syrup/dark chocolate)

dinner: chicken/gf whole grain/legume pasta/chard/tomatoes/ red onion/yellow bell pepper/ feta/drizzle olive oil/ 

• Like 3

Monday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens and watercress. Muesli with scarlet runner beans, plum, banana, kiwi, apple, mango, blueberries, pineapple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (kale, chard, arugula, baby bok choy). Veggie sandwich on lavash flatbread (cucumber, carrot, tomato, yellow bell pepper, scallions, shredded red cabbage, cashew mayo, sriracha). A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar.

Dinner - Tacos (corn tortillas, chickpeas, lentils, brown rice, mushrooms, spinach, avocado, cashew queso, shredded red cabbage, onion, jalapeños, cilantro, salsa).

• Like 2

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens and watercress. Muesli with Dominican beans, guava, plum, apple, banana, kiwi, blueberries, pineapple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (lettuces, radicchio, kale, baby bok choy). Veggie sandwich on lavash flatbread (cucumber, tomato, onion, yellow bell pepper, cashew mayo, sriracha).

Dinner - Leftover lentil/chickpea/brown rice/veggie tacos.

• Like 2

Tuesday

Breakfast--low-sugar granola with oat milk

Elevensies--Tried to make some gf, df biscuits to have with tea (S) and the biscuits were horrible. I choked down 3/4 of one before I gave up.

Lunch--Chicken thigh with peppers and onions, vegan chocolate "pudding" (avocado and banana and cocoa and maple syrup--decadent and delicious and healthy)

Dinner--Gf gnocchi with spaghetti meat sauce, salad

Snack--Dark chocolate (70%)

• Like 3

I had a decent day yesterday. I can't remember off hand all the detail of what I ate but I didn't excessively snack or eat junk and got a decent amount of veggies.

I'm shopping this afternoon so will be working on the menu today.

I have to remember to keep my good carb intake up enough that I dont' reach for the not so good ones. It is a hard balance too many I feel icky. 

b: cherries/blueberries/ homemade muesli (gf rolled oats-- asstd nuts and seeds)/ nf plain greek yogurt/soy milk

l: lentil-chickpea mix/spinach/peppers ?-- mango-- whatever I can scrounge up/ 

s: protein bar

d: chicken legs/baked sweet potato/ simple salad

dessert: banana cherry "nice" cream 

• Like 3

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar on the way to an early appointment. Mixed microgreens with watercress. Muesli with scarlet runner beans, nectarine, plum, kiwi, blueberries, apple, guava, mango, banana, pineapple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, macadamias, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (kale, spinach, chard, baby bok choy). Veggie sandwich on lavash flatbread (cucumber, tomato, onion, jalapeños, cashew ranch).

Dinner - Butternut ravioli with marinara and veggies (asparagus, artichoke hearts, edamame, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, garlic).

• Like 2

Wednesday was a travel day since I was moving in ds to university, and I didn't buy any stupid junk food at any gas stops. Gold star for me.

Breakfast--Dh cooked up eggs and sausage. Had a quarter of a grapefruit also.

Lunch--Panera Mediterranean grain bowl.

Snack--Starbucks oatmilk espresso and a small fry. The espresso was to be awake enough to drive, and the fries were to hold me over when I realized a friend hadn't planned on my being there for dinner. I wished I had made tea at home as I often do. 

Dinner--I got home at 10pm and slammed down some leftover gf gnocchi with sauce.

Thursday

Breakfast--Sauteed potatoes with just bits of breakfast sausage for flavor. More and more I find I am happy eating potatoes, no eggs.

Lunch--Oat bran muffins, cherries. 

Snack--Had a handful of corn chips with salsa. 

Dinner--chicken and rice and mixed veg, falafel

• Like 2

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens with watercress. Muesli with soybeans, guava, plum, nectarine, apple, banana, mango, kiwi, blueberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (kale, chard, spinach, baby bok choy). Veggie sandwich on lavash flatbread (tomato, scallions, cucumber, shredded red cabbage, cashew ranch, mustard).

Dinner - Artichoke with Greek vinaigrette dipping sauce. Salad with spring mix, beets, asparagus, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, onion, garlic, olives, Greek vinaigrette. A little bit of leftover butternut ravioli and a piece of Ezekiel sesame toast.

• Like 2

Friday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli, daikon, and cabbage microgreens with watercress. Muesli with scarlet runner beans, pluot, nectarine, banana, kiwi, guava, mango, blueberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pecans, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (kale, chard, spinach, tatsoi). Veggie sandwich on lavash flatbread (avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, orange bell pepper, shredded red cabbage, cashew mayo, sriracha). An orange.

Dinner - I made Monkey and Me's Five Bean Chili. I love this one because it is so packed with legumes - lentils, kidney beans, cannellini beans, pinto beans, black beans - and also edamame, which I subbed for celery. Plus other good things like tomatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, corn, bell peppers, and mushrooms (another of my add-ins). Also had a whole grain bagel with cashew cream cheese (first time I tried Shane and Simple's WFPB cream cheese recipe, and I am pleased with how it turned out).

Dessert will be chocolate hazelnut nice cream.

• Like 2

Friday

Breakfast--Grabbed a peach on my way to work out.

Lunch--Dolmathes (rice wrapped in grape leaves with a lemony sauce), one falafel, cherries

Snack--dark chocolate, just two squares. 

Dinner--Polish sausage from the natural food store. While it was definitely healthier because it didn't have nitrates and such, it didn't have much flavor either. Also plain sauerkraut, potatoes, onions, pickles. 

• Like 2

Was at summer camp from Sunday through Thursday. Food was tricky since I was being gluten free. (We were informed of needing to provide our own cook 11 days before camp so I just said that I would provide my own gf alternatives.). Anyway-  had something to eat at every meal whether it was from my stash or part of the standard menu. NONE of it was low calorie. Lost a pound (we’ll see if that holds!). 

Friday- 

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, cheddar cheese, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares 

dinner-  cobb salad with romaine lettuce, avocado, bacon, hard boiled egg, tomatoes, salmon, scallops, prawns; one scoop vanilla ice cream with some caramel topping 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Daikon, cabbage, and broccoli microgreens with watercress. Muesli with Dominican beans, pomegranate, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, banana, apple, nectarine, pluot, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (kale, chard, lettuces, arugula). Veggie sandwich on lavash flatbread (cashew mayo, mustard, cucumber, tomato, scallions, shredded red cabbage, roasted beets, edamame).

Dinner - Steamed artichoke with Greek vinaigrette dipping sauce. Leftover five bean chili. Quinoa flatbreads - I made these using black and red quinoa for higher antioxidants, and topped them with seeds (flax, black sesame, hemp, sunflower, pumpkin). 

• Like 2

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens with watercress. Muesli with scarlet runner beans, plum, pomegranate, kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, guava, apple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pecans, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (kale, chard, lettuces, arugula). Veggie sandwich on Ezekiel bread (cashew mayo, mustard, avocado, tomato, scallions, cucumber, shredded red cabbage).

Dinner - Leftover five bean chili and quinoa flatbreads. Also had a bowl of spring mix with Greek vinaigrette.

• Like 3

Sunday

Breakfast—Dh’s usual fabulous Sunday spread. A beautiful gf scone, eggs with a sprinkle of organic sausage, nectarine, green tea (NS).

lunch—Such a hodgepodge because we were running errands after church. We had a banana each and a gf cookie. Unfortunately we mixed up our bakery bags and I had some bites of the wrong cookie. Joints swollen and hands distinctly achy. When we got home I had some rice noodles with miso.

dinner—black bean soup and mango

snack—2 squares dark chocolate and some white tea

• Like 3

Monday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens with watercress. Muesli with soybeans, blueberries, strawberries, guava, kiwi, plum, mango, nectarine, apple, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk. 

Lunch - Half of my breakfast bowl (which I had stuck in the fridge when my morning got hectic) and a big bowl of greens (kale, spinach, arugula).

Dinner - Made veggie sushi (nori, baked tofu, avocado, scallions, carrot, cucumber, shredded green and red cabbage, sesame seeds, panko) with cashew sriracha mayo and wasabi.

• Like 2

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Had a morning appointment, so I had two WellBean bars beforehand. Back at home, I had my usual. A bowl of mixed microgreens. Muesli with Dominican beans, guava, plum, apple, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, pomegranate, mango, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, hazelnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (spinach, chard, lettuces, kale, arugula). A roasted mushroom sandwich on lavash flatbread with cashew mayo, mustard,  and tomato. A handful of cauliflower.

Dinner - Leftover veggie/tofu sushi.

• Like 2

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Broccoli and cabbage microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, nectarine, mango, apple, blueberries, kiwi, pomegranate, guava, plum, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, macadamias, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (lettuces, chard, kale, arugula). Whole wheat pita with cashew mayo, mustard, roasted mushrooms, red bell pepper, avocado.

Dinner - Steamed artichoke with Greek vinaigrette dipping sauce. Spiralized heart of palm "noodles" with roasted veggies (asparagus, red onion, eggplant, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, portobellos). Two sauces - basil pesto (WFPB version, Forks Over Knives recipe) and cashew garlic Alfredo (Vegan 8 recipe).

• Like 2

Wednesday-

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares 

snack- salt and vinegar chips and a few peanut butter m & m’s

dinner- grilled salmon, riced sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Wednesday-

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares 

snack- salt and vinegar chips and a few peanut butter m & m’s

dinner- grilled salmon, riced sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower 

hard boiled eggs 

I had salmon last night as well. I had a stir fry with snow peas and quinoa. I really wanted some broccoli and carrots in there but was tired 🙂

Moving along here-- feeling renewed motivation-- as seeing oneself in fluorescent lighted dressing rooms does to a person. I am relatively thin but not as lean as I like. I feel for my time and amount of hard work exercising the results aren't near as visible as I'd like. Being honest with myself I've had for more indulgences than in the past. Stress and busyness the primary culprits and then it becomes about habits and taste buds. However, on the plus side I seem to have broken my addiction to chocolate. I had some yesterday. I think I last had some over a month or so ago. It was just so-so. Now, I have had some on things like dark choc melted on my homemade protein bars but not my usual choc after lunch. So, that is progress. Every day is a new day. 

before workout: berries/homemade muesli -- with extra pepitas/nf plain greek yogurt

after workout; high protein pumpkin waffle (eggs/lf cottage cheese/pumpkin/oats) drizzle honey

l: crispy baked tofu; quinoa/snow pea/broccoli/carrot stir fry-- homemade sauce (leftover from last night)

s: homemade protein bar

d: still working on menu we have a meeting at 6 so dinner will be on the late side for us 

• Like 2

Thursday

Breakfast--low-sugar granola

Lunch--street tacos (mini corn tortillas, a smidge of meat, a smear of hummus to "glue" it all together), cherries, rooibos tea (NS)

Snack--Will allow myself dark chocolate (I always have 90% Lindt) and some fruit. I'll be working late, so I'm also planning for some popcorn later with more tea.

Dinner--Planning for a kale salad with white beans and various veg. I'll probably throw in some gf flatbread as well. 

• Like 3

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with pigeon peas, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, guava, plum, apple, kiwi, pomegranate, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (arugula, kale, spinach, lettuces). Lavash flatbread with baked tofu, radishes, red onion, tomato, red bell pepper, carrot, sesame peanut dressing.

Dinner - Repeat of last night: Steamed artichoke, spiralized hearts of palm, roasted veggies, cashew garlic Alfredo. Strawberries for dessert.

• Like 3

Thursday-

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate squares 

dinner- kale salad with pumpkin seeds, purple cabbage, sunflower seeds,poppyseed dressing 🥗 ; corn on the cob  🌽, grilled  chicken 🍗 marinated in cilantro lime dressing , chocolate squares 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 3

I got a rainbow today, my 20th of the month, and have recorded 35 different fruits/vegetables/beans/nuts/grains so far this week. The app is definitely helping.

I also ate an ice cream bar this afternoon. The app doesn't take note of that sort of thing.

• Like 4

Friday-

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, chocolate squares 

snack- chocolate squares 

dinner-  I am pissed. Our favorite gf teriyaki restaurant is no longer gf. I guess we won’t be coming here anymore. Because I was blindsided by the change I ordered chicken and veggie stir fry with no soy sauce but I am sure that I was glutened. 

chicken, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, onions, water chestnuts, cabbage, bell peppers 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Friday

Breakfast--Grabbed a nectarine on my way out to exercise.

Lunch--Tuna salad (tuna, almonds, green peppers, onions, mayo) on gf crackers, grapes.

Snack--Tea (S), grapes, dark chocolate with mixed nuts

Dinner--Bunless burger patty smothered with veg (onions, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes), also some fries. Rooibos tea (NS)

Looking over the day, I think the combination of mayo at lunch plus a burger patty (though it was only one, thin patty) as well as fries at dinner is probably too much unhealthy fat in one day. Portion control was excellent, though.

• Like 3

Friday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli with soybeans, blueberries, blackberries, guava, nectarine, plum, apple, pomegranate, kiwi, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & walnut seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (spinach, lettuces, chard, kale, arugula). Veggie sandwich (lavash flatbread, cashew mayo, mustard, edamame, roasted mushrooms, cucumber, tomato, onion).

Dinner - Made the cauliflower fiesta tacos from Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures and they were sensational. Veggies & beans (cauliflower, pinto beans, corn, jalapeños, onion, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, lots and lots of spices) served with corn tortillas, crispy tofu, guacamole, cilantro, salsa, shredded cabbage.

I’m making nice cream in a bit but haven’t decided on the flavor yet.🍌

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 73349 said:

I got a rainbow today, my 20th of the month, and have recorded 35 different fruits/vegetables/beans/nuts/grains so far this week. The app is definitely helping.

I also ate an ice cream bar this afternoon. The app doesn't take note of that sort of thing.

Thanks for the app rec- checking it out.

----------------------------

I exercised 2 hours in the heat Thursday evening and it greatly suppressed my appetite I was hungry yesterday after that but I kept it mostly under control-- although I did have a serving of chips there weren't any other indulgences.

today:

b: nectarines+ blueberries/homemade muesli w/ extra pepitas/ soy milk/ plain nf greek yogurt

(might have some eggs/spinach//turkey bacon/gf toast- in here depending on how hungry I am how much we work outside today)

l: stirfry- mixed quinoa/baked tofu/snow peas/broccoli/yellow bell pepper/red onion/carrots/homemade sauce- maybe a bit of dark choc+ almonds

s: homemade protein bar-- apple? small salad?

d: I think baked eggplant-- w/ lean beef and marinara

• Like 3

Saturday -

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens and watercress. Muesli with soybeans, strawberries, blueberries, apple, plum, nectarine, kiwi, pomegranate, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pecans, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big bowl of greens (lettuces, arugula, kale).  Veggie sandwich (lavash flatbread, cashew mayo, mustard, edamame, cucumber, tomato, scallions).

Dinner - More of the cauliflower fiesta tacos I made last night.

Dessert will be chocolate hazelnut nice cream.

• Like 3

I am joining.   I really need to start thinking about what I eat.   These last couple of months have  been rough and I have grabbed the easiest thing I could.   I have had stress levels where I didn't even want food (very high!) and stress levels where all I wanted was cheesecake (high).   

I am trying to decide what will work for me that isn't super restrictive but will hold me accountable.   I am leaning towards a mix between weight watchers and making sure I don't eat processed foods, maybe more Mediterranean.    

• Like 4

Yesterday was a good day, except finishing off one of the kid's Zero bars- why I don't know. I wasn't hungry and didn't enjoy it that much. 

before workout: nectarines/blueberries/homemade gf muesli/soy milk/ nf plain greek yogurt

after workout: homemade waffles-- gf oats/lf cottage cheese/pumpkin/eggs

lunch: mixed greens southwest salad w/ baked chicken w/ side of baked eggplant and squash

snack: homemade protein bar

dinner: I think stew w/ some homemade gf rolls 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DawnM said:

I am joining.   I really need to start thinking about what I eat.   These last couple of months have  been rough and I have grabbed the easiest thing I could.   I have had stress levels where I didn't even want food (very high!) and stress levels where all I wanted was cheesecake (high).   

I am trying to decide what will work for me that isn't super restrictive but will hold me accountable.   I am leaning towards a mix between weight watchers and making sure I don't eat processed foods, maybe more Mediterranean.    

Welcome! Folks here do what they think best for them personally and we're all here to cheer each other on. For me, just the fact of posting forces me to think through my choices. It's also helpful to spot patterns and trends, and I appreciate seeing what others are doing.

• Like 4

Sunday

Breakfast--low-sugar granola and a banana and decaf tea (NS)

Lunch--Yesterday dh grilled a ton of meat. I'll have to freeze some, but for today we are feeling lucky to have all the lovely, smoky flavors. Lunch was spicy pork accompanied by beans. Also had some grapes. Had a handful of tortilla chips to go with half an avocado.

Dinner--Likely more bbq meat, this time with green beans and potatoes.

Snack--Tea (S), dark chocolate, nuts.

• Like 3

@DawnM, welcome!

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens and watercress. Muesli with soybeans, ayocote morado beans, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, guava, nectarine, plum, apple, kiwi, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Big colander of greens (lettuces and baby bok choy). Veggie sandwich on lavash flatbread with tomato, cucumber, red onion, cashew mayo, mustard.

Dinner - Steamed artichoke with Greek vinaigrette. Chickpea mushroom shawarma soup from Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures (onion, garlic, celery, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, mixed greens, chickpeas, many spices). So good! Quinoa flatbreads with cashew cream “cheese”.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 2

Sunday-

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, raspberry  coconut yogurt, mango 

Sunday tide me over to a late lunch snack- snack bag of Cheetos

lunch-  scrambled eggs with green bell peppers, onions, sausage, bacon, potatoes ;  honeydew melon, cantaloupe, grapes, 1/2 portion. Chocolate squares 

dinner- the other half of the scrambled eggs and veggies, flaxseed brownies bite

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 3

I have been doing the rainbow 🌈 app for three days now and it’s the third day that I have gotten a rainbow (for eating all colors). 90% of the colors I get just as part of my set menu. Yellow is the hardest color for me. Yellow is separate from orange, which is easy for me to get. 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, red and purple cabbage, kale;  1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese, mango slices 

snack- seaweed (nori)

dinner- Filipino pork adobo with onions, carrots , green beans, yellow grape tomatoes 

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 2