Menu

Urgent prayer

Mrs Tiggywinkle

I hope your DS is doing well! Maybe you could give him some caffeine regularly until he gets into the cardiologist. They would give it to my babies in the NICU to keep their heart rates up. I kept drinking caffeinated drinks so they'd get it through my breastmilk when we got home. It may help. 

My DD had the opposite issue- her resting heart rate has been hanging out around 130 and sometimes up to 150/160 and the doctor did not care. She's tiny and has never had covid as far as we know. After being dismissed by the familiy doctor for months, we got into a cardiologist who takes it very seriously and I feel better about that. DD feels better too with some medication. We were able to get into the cardiologist relatively quickly. Unless you are restricted in who you can see, you might have some luck if you call around. 

I haven’t read all replies, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. Have they mentioned a connection between your EDS and his symptoms? Could that be coming into play here? I sincerely hope you can get some answers and find some caring doctors. I’m so sorry. He’ll definitely be in my thoughts. 

• Like 1

So. Bizarre.

DS7 seems fine.  His heart rate is high 60s and he’s running around, so I am okay with that.

But DD10 is tired, headache, not herself, so I plugged the Spo2 probe on her…and her heart rate is in the high 40s-low 50s. which is not normal for her at all.  (My kids attend my EMT classes and are the Guinea pigs for students to practice taking vitals on, so I’m probably more aware of what’s normal for them then most people)  I confirmed the HR manually and with my own EKG because I’m that mom.

Covid tests are all negative.  I found out the test the hospital did yesterday was a PCR, not a rapid like I’d assumed.

I think all my kids are seeing the pediatrician tomorrow if I can get them in because this is just weird. Maybe a bizarre virus but then I think DS7’s white count should have been elevated? I’m clueless.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 13

1 hour ago, Paige said:

I hope your DS is doing well! Maybe you could give him some caffeine regularly until he gets into the cardiologist. They would give it to my babies in the NICU to keep their heart rates up. I kept drinking caffeinated drinks so they'd get it through my breastmilk when we got home. It may help. 

My DD had the opposite issue- her resting heart rate has been hanging out around 130 and sometimes up to 150/160 and the doctor did not care. She's tiny and has never had covid as far as we know. After being dismissed by the familiy doctor for months, we got into a cardiologist who takes it very seriously and I feel better about that. DD feels better too with some medication. We were able to get into the cardiologist relatively quickly. Unless you are restricted in who you can see, you might have some luck if you call around. 

When we got the pulse ox in February of 2020 and started playing with it, we discovered that my oldest’s heart rate hangs out in the 140’s.  Completely freaked me out.  Psychiatrist was actually alarmed (my first thought was serotonin syndrome but no other symptoms).  Quickly got into cardiologist, who did a 48 hour halter monitor, and it turned out okay.  It comes down more than we’d thought while they sleep.  Cardiologist actually said it was fine, so other than not being able to donate blood and not being able to use stimulants for newly diagnosed ADHD, no issues.  Nobody here has had covid as far as we know.  

16 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

So. Bizarre.

DS7 seems fine.  His heart rate is high 60s and he’s running around, so I am okay with that.

But DD10 is tired, headache, not herself, so I plugged the Spo2 probe on her…and her heart rate is in the high 40s-low 50s. which is not normal for her at all.  (My kids attend my EMT classes and are the Guinea pigs for students to practice taking vitals on, so I’m probably more aware of what’s normal for them then most people)  I confirmed the HR manually and with my own EKG because I’m that mom.

Covid tests are all negative.  I found out the test the hospital did yesterday was a PCR, not a rapid like I’d assumed.

I think all my kids are seeing the pediatrician tomorrow if I can get them in because this is just weird. Maybe a bizarre virus but then I think DS7’s white count should have been elevated? I’m clueless.

It sounds like both kids have the same thing, so hopefully your dd will be better by tomorrow.

Don’t rule out Covid yet, though, because if your son was tested too early, it might still show negative even though he has it.

Praying that your DD follows the same pattern as your son!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

POTS is also showing up after covid although I think that is usually high heart rate not low heart rate? I know there’s some boardies with experience.

POTS is just one flavor of dysautonomia.  Covid can mess with the autonomic system in a variety of ways.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

So. Bizarre.

I read somewhere recently (can’t remember where) that many common viruses since Covid are 1, more prevalent now but also 2, acting in different ways than before. So maybe it’s something like that. I do hope you’re able to get some answers! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

When we got the pulse ox in February of 2020 and started playing with it, we discovered that my oldest’s heart rate hangs out in the 140’s.  Completely freaked me out.  Psychiatrist was actually alarmed (my first thought was serotonin syndrome but no other symptoms).  Quickly got into cardiologist, who did a 48 hour halter monitor, and it turned out okay.  It comes down more than we’d thought while they sleep.  Cardiologist actually said it was fine, so other than not being able to donate blood and not being able to use stimulants for newly diagnosed ADHD, no issues.  Nobody here has had covid as far as we know.  

Is your oldest very thin? The cardiologist found an abnormality w/DDs heart and wants to be proactive because of it, but she said that having muscle and fat on the body helps control the heart. DD is under orders to gain some weight. 

We also really want DD to be able to take her stimulants for ADHD.

5 minutes ago, Paige said:

Is your oldest very thin? The cardiologist found an abnormality w/DDs heart and wants to be proactive because of it, but she said that having muscle and fat on the body helps control the heart. DD is under orders to gain some weight. 

We also really want DD to be able to take her stimulants for ADHD.

No, my oldest is pretty normal weight.  Slim but not abnormally so.