Menu

Elliptigo?- newest update: got one!

Hilltopmom

Anyone here ride an Elliptigo?

I’m going to test drive one (the 8C) this weekend at a local place. They look like lots of fun!

I am still eyeing a recumbent trike but need to travel farther to test one and they are $$$

Just looking for fun low impact exercise options other than walking that I can do in my own neighborhood and nearby bike trails.

Update- I borrowed one for a test ride! It was fun. Going to rent one for the weekend next so we can play around with it more. 🙂

AC8FB529-4816-4313-816A-3942FE45E1B1.png

Edited by Hilltopmom
Update
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Did anyone else open this thread thinking Eliptigo was a kind of disease?

Don't even think about it - that's going to be the next thing that happens to you!  Katie will come down with the rare Elliptigo disease!  

• Haha 4

Just now, Kassia said:

Don't even think about it - that's going to be the next thing that happens to you!  Katie will come down with the rare Elliptigo disease!  

lol, that's why I wanted to read about it, figured I should know in case it happens!

Made it to my zoom yoga class tonight and they were all teasing me, asking if I was joining in from the hospital, did I need an EMT on standby, had I been sure to sign the liability waiver, etc, lol. 

• Haha 3

Don't overdo it. Build up slowly, especially if you don't do a ton of stretching, etc.  If you feel the slightest twinge or soreness in your hips. stop stop stop, and take off for a few days. Elliptical movement is very hard on the hips, and hip bursitis hurts like a mother hover (she says from bitter experience). 

• Thanks 1

• Hilltopmom changed the title to Elliptigo?- updated with photo!
  • 3 weeks later...

Update- found one used for half price near where college ds lives. Brought it home this weekend.

Today I went on my road bike 8 miles for the first time this season, did a half mile on the Elliptigo around the neighborhood (holy thigh burn! It is def going to be a good workout!), stacked firewood, and swept the winter sand out of the driveway. Not sure I’ll be able to move tomorrow!!

BF33364D-86E4-421E-AD15-8CBC2476A1F0.jpeg

• Like 11

• Hilltopmom changed the title to Elliptigo?- newest update: got one!