Menu

Who is getting ready for the Nor'easter/Winter Storm Kenan?

YaelAldrich

Looks like we got around 15" or so. We didn't have a single plow come by yesterday, and I was woken up by plows during the night. They only did the middle of the street, so there's a lot of shoveling to be done today!

Seems like my SIL was in the jackpot zone; they got 30" yesterday!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Noreen Claire said:

Seems like my SIL was in the jackpot zone; they got 30" yesterday!

My brain can’t even process that! (And I’ve lived with snow all my life.)

Yesterday/last night, our windchill hit -20, which is EXTREMELY unusual for the area.  And that wind decided to undo all the driveway clearing the previous wind had done! 😛 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carrie12345 said:

My brain can’t even process that! (And I’ve lived with snow all my life.)

Yesterday/last night, our windchill hit -20, which is EXTREMELY unusual for the area.  And that wind decided to undo all the driveway clearing the previous wind had done! 😛 

Ugh!  Stupid wind!!

• Like 2

What a great morning! While DH and I were digging out our driveway, a plow truck driver driving down the street offered to plow the rest for us— including the plow line! His passenger smiled the entire time, and he refused payment when I offered. I think they were out just making peoples' day with their generosity. They plowed out our next door neighbor's drive as well.

That one kind act went a long way in restoring my faith in humanity! ❤️

(plus we still had tons of energy so we were able to dig out our neighbor across the street. She’s in her 90s and lives alone so all the neighbors keep an eye on her). 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

18 inches of snow.  We maintained power through the morning yesterday, and then it cut out for the next 26 hours.  Thankfully, we have a gas heating stove, had plenty of water, and quite a bit of already cooked food.  All 4 of us shoveling barely made a dent in the driveway once the storm slowed down.  We shoveled for hours, and around noon today our neighbor brought over his gas snowblower (ours is electric and no good when the power goes out).

Other than being body tired, we're fine.  Part of the town also flooded, and we lost a town monument due to the waves, so there's a mess on the other side of the main road.  Dh and ds can go to work tomorrow, we have hot water back, and tonight is family movie night with Encanto.  We've watched it about ten times, but it's catchy and we can fall asleep to it if need be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

18 inches of snow.  We maintained power through the morning yesterday, and then it cut out for the next 26 hours.  Thankfully, we have a gas heating stove, had plenty of water, and quite a bit of already cooked food.  All 4 of us shoveling barely made a dent in the driveway once the storm slowed down.  We shoveled for hours, and around noon today our neighbor brought over his gas snowblower (ours is electric and no good when the power goes out).

Other than being body tired, we're fine.  Part of the town also flooded, and we lost a town monument due to the waves, so there's a mess on the other side of the main road.  Dh and ds can go to work tomorrow, we have hot water back, and tonight is family movie night with Encanto.  We've watched it about ten times, but it's catchy and we can fall asleep to it if need be.

Ugh! Glad your power is restored and that at least you had heat. Nice of your neighbor to help with the driveway! 

We had about 20 inches, though our house gets more than other spots since we're on a hill.  It blew and blew, so some spots have 5 inches and some have 2 feet!  A beautiful day for sledding today, I'm grateful as can be.

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

Edited by Eos
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Eos said:

We had about 20 inches, though our house gets more than other spots since we're on a hill.  It blew and blew, so some spots have 5 inches and some have 2 feet!  A beautiful day for sledding today, I'm grateful as can be.

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

Gorgeous! It was a beautiful day to get out and enjoy!

Love the drifting along your barn! (As long as you didn’t need to open the doors, that is!)

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 1

We got a bunch here in the city of Boston.  It was light snow and windy until around 11am.  Then it picked up in wind speed as well as snow intensity until 7-8pm.  I measured 17 inches on our 3rd floor, enclosed on two sides porch but the sides were significantly higher and the wind certainly blew snow all over the place. Never lost power but it flickered a couple of times.  We cleaned up our cars (one on the street and one parked in back of our condo) as a family.  Plowed out friends today and the kids made a bunch of money.  The picture is our car.

temp_1643499821419.-1779901513.jpeg

Edited by YaelAldrich
  • Like 4