Menu

Wordle

happi duck

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, SKL said:

I got 5 on wordle today, but I got 6 on quordle again.

I can't read through this whole Wordle thread even though the answer may be in here already, but I find my approach to these two words games to be pretty different. Do you also?

With Wordle I have a go-to starting word that I use every time. With quordle I start with the same three words that use all the vowels and then go from there. I'm curious if others do the same or have different approaches.

• Like 2

@Miss Tick:

I have set starting words for Wordle which I am willing to adjust/abandon given the day.

For Wordle, I start with (highlight to read) SPOILER ALERT**audio, thyme**END SPOILER.

I haven't been doing much else recently, but for other -ordle games, I generally started with this series (highlight to read) SPOILER ALERT**wrath, docks, begin, lumpy***END SPOILER.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miss Tick said:

I can't read through this whole Wordle thread even though the answer may be in here already, but I find my approach to these two words games to be pretty different. Do you also?

With Wordle I have a go-to starting word that I use every time. With quordle I start with the same three words that use all the vowels and then go from there. I'm curious if others do the same or have different approaches.

I always start with the same first word on both.  Then I have a go-to 2nd and 3rd word if none of the letters were correct on the previous word.  That's the same for both.

For Quordle, after the first guess, I will usually make a next guess for the word that had the least correct from the previous guess.  I will use a word that could be correct there, bringing in as many common new letters as possible.  But if I am 100% sure of any word, then I'll go ahead and fill it in, because that isn't a wasted turn and could provide some additional info.

My best score on quordle was five (pure luck), and I've gotten six 15 times since I discovered the game about a year ago.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kareni said:

@Miss Tick:

I have set starting words for Wordle which I am willing to adjust/abandon given the day.

For Wordle, I start with (highlight to read) SPOILER ALERT**audio, thyme**END SPOILER.

I haven't been doing much else recently, but for other -ordle games, I generally started with this series (highlight to read) SPOILER ALERT**wrath, docks, begin, lumpy***END SPOILER.

Regards,

Kareni

What other -ordle word games are there besides wordle and quordle??

• Like 2

There's also foximax (yet another strategy!)

For Wordle, I start with (highlight to read) SPOILER ALERTtears and if none of those letters match then couldEND SPOILER. After that I'm using my best guesses.

For  quordle I always start with the three words (highlight to read) SPOILER ALERT*tears, could, pinkyEND SPOILER. After I've entered those three *then* i guess based on the letters that worked. I'll never get them in less than 6 guesses, but I usually get them all. Before I started this strategy I had a few demoralizing days of getting just 1 or 2.

Thanks for inviting my geekiness!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miss Tick said:

I have a list of starting words that I rotate through for both. If certain letters were used one day then I will focus on other letters the next.

• Like 2

I got 3 yesterday, 4 today.  7 on quordle today (I think it was 8 yesterday).

I checked out sedecordle and spent waaaaay too much time on that Sunday.  Now trying to keep it to 1 play per day (that's what I like about the others I play - you can only play each game 1x/day).  Sedecordle doesn't seem to tell you the number of tries you took ... but it's pretty unforgiving, because you only get 21 tries to get 16 words.

• Like 3