Menu

87 year old learns to dance like Usher (DDPY related)

ktgrok

Saw this and was inspired by his outlook to keep trying new things, and wanted to share. I'm back on the DDPY wagon, but even without that it was inspirational!

First video is the actual finished music video which is pretty impressive but also just FUN - I think the back up dancers are my favorite part!  (warning about sexual language, scantily clad women, etc etc). 

The second video is the story of how it got made, which is the inspirational part - he couldn't really even clap on the beat when they started but he practiced 5 days a week for months to get the hang of the dancing. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DawnM said:

That's awesome.   My dad turns 87 in another month.   He is nowhere near this spry.   (never mind that secular music and dancing are both egregious sins......sigh.)

What's crazy in terms of being "spry" is that DDP himself is like, what, 65? And doing pushups and all sorts of stuff! (and just married a woman nearly twenty years younger I think - but in this particular case it seems less weird given how young he is for his age)

42 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

That 87yo man was very cool, but let's not forget the lovely (and equally spry) lady who was dancing with him -- she looked like she was having a great time, and she's not exactly young, either!

Yes, I think I said, but if not I should have said, the back up dancers were my favorite part!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, katilac said:

omg, that is hilarious, thank you! 

I wonder how much money I'd have to offer my parents to duplicate this? 

If it was my parents I'd have to budget in extra for the hospital bills after - my poor mom managed to break a rib while doing chair yoga (not DDPY, something she found on youtube). 

• Haha 1