Menu

Hot Chocolate for a Crowd?

goldberry

If you want to “wow” people, use a recipe without cocoa powder. For example 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/delicious-hot-chocolate-recipe-2042522 

This one calls for chocolate chips and milk, but if you use a high quality chocolate and half and half, light cream, or heavy cream, it will be incredible. I can’t find the recipe that I have used, but it’s very similar to this. The type of chocolate and milk or cream make all the difference. 

• Like 2

I loved this, had it many years ago at a party. But I have never made it. Looks so hard! I should mention that first, you make the cream mixture, which ends up being like a chocolate whipped cream, but thick. Put that in the fridge. Then, when it is time for the party, make the steamed vanilla milk. Then when you serve, you put the milk in a mug and then add a scoop of the chocolate. The person eating stirs and it is so yummy! 

MrsParksHotCocoa.png

Edited by Janeway
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kristin0713 said:

If you want to “wow” people, use a recipe without cocoa powder. For example 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/delicious-hot-chocolate-recipe-2042522 

This one calls for chocolate chips and milk, but if you use a high quality chocolate and half and half, light cream, or heavy cream, it will be incredible. I can’t find the recipe that I have used, but it’s very similar to this. The type of chocolate and milk or cream make all the difference. 

This looks delicious. I’m going to attempt to make it with dairy free subs, so our version may not be as wonderful, but I think it will work. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janeway said:

I loved this, had it many years ago at a party. But I have never made it. Looks so hard! I should mention that first, you make the cream mixture, which ends up being like a chocolate whipped cream, but thick. Put that in the fridge. Then, when it is time for the party, make the steamed vanilla milk. Then when you serve, you put the milk in a mug and then add a scoop of the chocolate. The person eating stirs and it is so yummy! 

MrsParksHotCocoa.png

You mix the cocoa mixture with the steamed milk?  Where does the cocoa mix come in?

6 hours ago, goldberry said:

You mix the cocoa mixture with the steamed milk?  Where does the cocoa mix come in?

The first part of the recipe is for a chocolate whipped cream basically. Then you make the steamed milk and put scoops of the chocolate mix in to the steamed milk. So, first, make the "chocolate mixture." Then cool over night and then use that to make the "chocolate cream." Then leave that chilling. When it is time to serve, make the steamed milk. And then put the steamed milk in to mugs and scoop the cream in to the milk.

• Like 1