Menu

Tackling Friday Together

TravelingChris

Rough start to my morning.  Last night I was so tired that I fell asleep before I finished preparing for bed and way to early too- 9: 09 to 10:24,  so when dh got back upstairs, he was a bit perplexed and grumpy about why I did that--- basically sleeping very little in the last two weeks.  He did help me and we went to bed.  At 3:56am, I awoke but needed to go to restroom.  He very kindly brought my meds, water bottle, and phone to me so I could get distracted from the awful level 10 pain.  I managed to get to the bathroom with my new walker and closed the door and waited about half an hour for pain to abate enough that I could leave the bedroom.

To Do

Take meds as needed

take shower if I can do it safely this morning

finish prepping for book club

eat breakfast

Prep for going to book club

Book club

Lunch

prep for bus for disabled ride and doctor visit

doctor visit

ride back 

dinner is lobster tails, pecan breaded trout, linguine, and some vegetable

watch something or read or ????

• Like 5

Wow, Christina, you have lots planned. Praying for a good day!

Walking with a friends this morning after I drop Ds at school. After that I’ll come home and figure out the rest of the day.

Definitely dropping off some items at my mom’s and stopping at Aldi. ✔️ 

Getting lights on the tree is also a priority today.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That looks like a full schedule TravelingChris. I hope you feel better every day. Your dinner menu sounds great.

I am up early to go to the first medical apt. I don't know if I'm the only one but every time before apts I get really nervous, like a kid getting called into the principles office nervous. Plus it doesn't help that it's foggy and it rained-sleeted and snowed last night, hope the roads and other drivers are good. 

I will want to do something fun tonight 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@TravelingChris, I'm sorry for the rough night and hope you are able to do everything today you want to.

@history-fan, I get nervous about doctors a bit, too. I pray your appointments go smoothly and you have safe travel. 

I actually left the house mid-typing this. Dh called me and asked me if I could bring his badge to school. He left it in his basketball bag. So I got dressed and took it to him. I'm so glad we live so close to the school (just over a mile). I haven't been out in the cold early that much. Brrr. My fingers are so cold! 

I slept in today, but I was awake when he called. I woke up so much last night but was able to go back to sleep each time. I hate sleeping now. I never know what it's going to be like. Even taking 1 mg of melatonin, I have really weird dreams. I've actually had more magnesium the last couple of days, too. I think I need a sleep study, but I want to wait to the first of the year so any big amounts will go onto that year's deductible instead of here at the end of this one. 

• devotion and write scripture
  • medicine
  • meals for me, dinner out (dh and I might go eat a quick bite out in between games)
  • laundry 
  • work more on lessons plans for next week
  • still contemplating where to put some of my usual decorations; It's challenging being in a new place. 
  • research more bullet journal ideas (want to start one in January)
  • work on budget for next year
  • go to dh's JV game at 4  (Varsity game will be too crowded, but hoping this one won't be.)
  • not sure what else for the evening
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! I'm so sorry for the pain and all, Christina. Praying for a good day for you.

My day today:
....coffee -- not a lot, b/c we have forgotten it at the store 2x now
....prep for/go teach the 5 yr old
....call vet, find out about cat this morning, arrange what time to come get her
....take Oldest to my Grandma's so he can video interview her for his project
....meals???
....remember to get coffee, and whatever else at the store
....pick up whatever special food we need for the cat
....more prep for Monday?
....whatever else gets done/love on the kitty 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday, guys.  It's a busy one here!

My kid invited 6 girls over to hang out tomorrow.  The maid service has not been available for a few weeks.  Our dog sheds a lot of hair.  And I have a lot of client work.  So I need to be efficient and motivational.  😛

Done:

• Kids to school on time, yay!
  • Walked the pup & other pup stuff.
  • Processed laundry from the dryer, washed & dried another load.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Some cleaning in the kids' rooms, but there's a lot more to do!
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.
  • Called my old employer about pension stuff.  They referred me to another number, which required me to leave a voice mail and wait "up to 48 business hours" for a call back.
  • A small amount of client work.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Lots more laundry.
  • Pick up kid's retainer at the dentist - they close at 1:30.
  • "Yoga etc."
  • Pick up the kids.
  • Lots of cleaning while others are on pup duty.
  • Make the kids clean their messes.
  • Make kid brush the pup and clip his nails.
  • Install the replacement light fixture in downstairs bathroom; maybe also the upstairs bathroom fan if I get time.
  • Pack niece hand-me-downs in boxes and probably relocate them in the garage until I can drive them to sister on the weekend.
  • A little reading.
  • Dinner out - it's my turn and I chose Panera in the hope that it's quick.
  • A bit of shopping for the friend hangout.
  • Whatever else gets done.  Seems like I'm forgetting something ....
  • Like 6

@TravelingChris hoping you feel better! Enjoy your book club! 

@mom31257 praying for better sleep for you 

Dd texting me brb 

I think dh is off today...? He came back to bed and is sleeping, I know he has this Monday off..

I fell back asleep and had a horrible dream about missing my flight and being stuck in an airport with no money and I lost my baby 😔 

Lots of school, shower, wash hair, laundry. 

Get house ready for dgd tomorrow

Fend for yourself dinner

Edited by MooCow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@SKL, how fun! I hope you can be efficient and motivated!

@MooCow, I hate bad dreams. Sorry!! 

Do you remember me saying I lost my necklace? My friend, who gave it to me, mailed me hers that she bought at the same time because she loves me and wants me to have it! I've been truly blessed in the friends and family department. 

I got the load of laundry done. 

I worked on the budget. We have the money in savings for both semesters next year, so that's good. The monthly budget is tight without me working any, so I feel a little better about having to find a high paying job. I need to work to make things easier and be saving for beyond those semesters. 

Looked over our Melaleuca account assessing if we should stay a member or not. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

To Do

Take meds as needed  (Have been keeping up fairly well)

take shower if I can do it safely this morning (done)

finish prepping for book club(done)

eat breakfast (yogurt and a few Polish cookies dd1 made)

Prep for going to book club (did some)

Book club (done)

Lunch (done)

Still to be done

prep for bus for disabled ride and doctor visit

doctor visit

ride back 

dinner is lobster tails, pecan breaded trout, potatoes, and fresh asparagus

watch something or read or ????

• Like 4

taught the 5 yr old

called the vet -- kitty ate more food, etc, we're to pick her up this afternoon as they want as long as possible on fluids before she goes home

took a way too long nap

finally taking Oldest to go see Grandma so he can interview her, hopefully we get out of there before rush hour traffic, and DH is able to get the cat

cannot work any more laundry/etc b/c we have neighborhood wide very low water pressure, no idea when it will be fixed

• Like 4

Dd said thank you for the prayers, she's in Nevada, waiting to get off the plane and meet her grandparents for the 2 hour drive to their house! It's my mil and step fil. 

Got all cleaned up, found out dh has most of next week off. This lack of communication is so not cool. 🙄

• Like 5

Home from the visit to Grandma's for Oldest to do his video; it went well, and we had a nice visit after as well before needing to head home to beat traffic. 

Kitty is home from the vet; she has a special food, that if we can get her to eat & stay on for a month, great; if not, the main thing is, get her to eat. Also an antibiotic. Her front legs were both shaved for the IVs so she has little goofy poodle legs, poor thing. She looks hilarious, and is not amused at our amusement. 

We've explained to the kids that at this point, there's nothing left the vet can try, so either she gets better, or she doesn't. They are all old enough to understand that. 

We still have low water pressure so no laundry. Darn. 😉 

DH got a ham & a turkey from work, so we're having ham for dinner and will see if the sweet potatoes in the garden are ready. 

Going to veg out and relax and hope the kitty eats. 

• Like 3

@TheReader, hoping Heidi will eat and do well!

I went to the JV game. They played a very tough team and lost. Dh wasn't hungry and didn't feel he'd have time to leave. I left and got dinner on my own. I drove to a Mexican grill place we like, and there was some kind of Christmas event going on in the park nearby. I decided to go ahead and eat there. It wasn't too bad getting out to come home. 

I'm going to work on lesson plans and find something to watch. 

Dd might come down tomorrow for a bit, but I'm waiting to hear for sure. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MooCow said:

Eat Heidi!! @TheReader 

Dh is napping, I forgot he got his third booster yesterday and apparently he was up all night with a raging fever. Of course he didn't tell me this. 

I'm trying to do PowerPoint and it is literally taking me forever. Drinking a glass of wine to help me. 

Oh, I'm so sorry about the Power Point being annoying. And the DH not communicating; why do they do that? 

Wine sounds good. I'm thinking Heidi probably wont' eat much tonight, but hopefully maybe tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

Hope Heidi starts eating.

Chocolate helps with PowerPoint issues too!

We were able to put the Christmas tree up tonight. Tomorrow I will add clear light strands, and the ornaments. My tree is prelit with colored lights but sometimes I like just white lights. I plug the tree and extra strands into a smart plug so I can just ask Alexa to turn on whatever lights I’m in the mood for. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Did not get lights on the tree.

Got poinsettias at Aldi, but 6 out of 8 have majorly damaged leaves and I will return them. Couldn’t see that through the wrapping. Argh!

Dinner was salmon patties, salad and various leftover veggies.

Discussed tomorrow’s schedule with Dh. He’s out shopping.

Folded and put away two loads of laundry.

Put a few gifts in mom’s storage unit and got gingerbread house kits out. 

Lamps that came from Amazon do not take high enough watt bulbs and need to be returned. Dd needs a tallish, but not broad, lamp for her bedside table. One that will take a 100 or 150 watt bulb for reading.

• Like 3

I worked on lesson plans, but I still need to make a decision about the geometry test. I don't love the options in the assessment resources. I've found some documents online I will look at. Maybe I should just put my own together. I really wish I had a math software for shapes and figures and such, but I'm sure they cost a lot of money. 

I watched a nice little movie on Amazon, Finding You. It was set it Ireland, so I loved the scenery. 

• Like 2