Menu

aesthetics and a funny

ktgrok

So DD11 is looking at stuff to decorate her room, starting to be interested in what she wears more, etc and so I showed her some stuff on pinterest. Now she's talking about "goblin core" and "dark academia" aesthetics, so I sit with her and we looked at things and jokingly I said we should try to find my aesthetic. 

First, I find a quiz that wants me to rate various bands I've never heard of. I close it and say, "it's too hard!" DD11 stares at me and says, "the internet fashion quiz was too hard?"

That starts the laughter, lol. 

Then we find a few more, and basically realize, I have no aesthetic. However, as we are reading about various ones I'd try to identify. We got to one that says something about, "prefers apple products" and I stop and muse out loud, "..I DID just order an apple cider scented candle...but that seems oddly specific. Why apple and not say, vanilla or something?" Then I look at the photo and realize they mean apple the technology brand, like the macbook I was using to search on, and my iphone. Y'all, I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. And then I gave up. 

But truly, me confusing Apple products with pie and cider had me cracking up throughout the night, every time I thought of it. (not as funny as I type it..maybe you have to be slap happy from 48 hours of near nonstop packing for it to be really funny?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 28

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

So DD11 is looking at stuff to decorate her room, starting to be interested in what she wears more, etc and so I showed her some stuff on pinterest. Now she's talking about "goblin core" and "dark academia" aesthetics, so I sit with her and we looked at things and jokingly I said we should try to find my aesthetic. 

First, I find a quiz that wants me to rate various bands I've never heard of. I close it and say, "it's too hard!" DD11 stares at me and says, "the internet fashion quiz was too hard?"

That starts the laughter, lol. 

Then we find a few more, and basically realize, I have no aesthetic. However, as we are reading about various ones I'd try to identify. We got to one that says something about, "prefers apple products" and I stop and muse out loud, "..I DID just order an apple cider scented candle...but that seems oddly specific. Why apple and not say, vanilla or something?" Then I look at the photo and realize they mean apple the technology brand, like the macbook I was using to search on, and my iphone. Y'all, I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. And then I gave up. 

But truly, me confusing Apple products with pie and cider had me cracking up throughout the night, every time I thought of it. (not as funny as I type it..maybe you have to be slap happy from 48 hours of near nonstop packing for it to be really funny?)

What quiz did you take?

• Like 1

I had a similar funny recently. My DD is very much into meal prep, baking and cooking
She often tells me what she is cooking/baking on weekends. So she says "I am so excited about making chips!" and I think, she is extremely stressed with work and grad school, so how can that possibly be a good use of her time if you can buy chips in a bag at any grocery store? Nooo- she meant designing computer chips. In her hardware class. LOL

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Ok, I SWEAR I saw a "beige milk tea" aesthetic described last night. I liked it. Now...it no longer seems to exist. Did I dream it up? someone help!

When I read this all I could think of was my favorite comedian's bit on "iced coffee with cream." Anyone? Anyone?

Nate Bargatze is on Netflix, and YT of course. 

Edited by Angie in VA