Menu

Let's Tackle Tuesday Together!

TravelingChris

Hi all,  woke up again to bad back pain but fortunately I got 5 hours of sleep so pretty good. (and I am so fortunate to be like Donald Trump in this way-  we are some of the very weird people who can function well with less sleep than most- I have had that blessing ever since I was a very small child-but my personality is certainly not the same😁)

Done

• Coffee and oatmeal prep
  • put old cereals in compost bin in kitchen

TO DO

• shower first
  • make breakfast
  • Redo paratransit application and fax to my doctor.  Apparently it never got to my physician.  I think I may have left it with another receptionist and it was never turned over to my doctor.
  • re-message rheumatologist about changing to Enbrel, upcoming surgery
  • Call health advocate nurses
  • figure out if my Subaru electric system is whacked or is it a problem of wrong chargers  (on our birding trip, we had smoke start coming out of the cigarette lighter- which is how we have to charge things since we have an 06)
  • See if car is ready and pick it up-- if not ready till afternoon- have Toyota dealer van pick him up
  • figure out dinner- I have chicken breasts and want to do something very easy in Instapot equivalent
  • continue work on putting away summer clothes and organizing fall/winter clothes- can't put away all summer clothes because of where I live

More later

• Like 4

Good morning, Christina! Good morning, all! 

I’ve done my blood sugar test, taken meds, made a lunch, set up the coffee, and fed the dog. About to check on kids - haven’t heard their alarms.

Ds to school ✔️ 

Pick up a document ✔️ 

B’fast out ✔️ 

Ds to an appt, then back to school. ✔️ 

Grocery ✔️ 

CSA ✔️ 

Pick up Ds ✔️ 

Chx fajitas for dinner ✔️ 

Zoom meeting after dinner

Read

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

@TravelingChris, I'm sorry you are in such pain!

Good morning!!

Dd called me on her way home from work. I love it when she calls! We might do something together Friday. 

I made breakfast for dh and packed his lunch. I got my shower and had coffee. I took a portion of the PSAT practice test I need to cover in my first class.

• meals for myself and dinner
  • 3 Zoom sessions
  • call pest control businesses for quotes (Dh killed a big roach bug in our shower last night. We NEVER had those in previous houses and never had to have pest control, but we have a lot more woods around us now. We also have a crawl space instead of a slab as before. I'm not sure if any of that makes a difference, but this won't be happening again if I can help it!)
  • take the car for an oil change
  • pick up a few groceries, including more candy
  • prep for class tomorrow
  • start making goody bags for Halloween
  • watch something and relax
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!! 

Today I need to:
....coffee
....prep for 2nd grade
....school with DS
....laundry
....one final step to the quilt project before I baste for quilting
....email assignments from yesterday to the kids that were absent (well, to their parents)
....email one family who overpaid, and see if they want it credited to next month or refunded

...figure out dinner
....whatever thing I'm forgetting

Have a great day, everyone!

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 3

Howdie, happy Tuesday!  It's another gorgeous fall day!

Done:

• Slept like normal people, except that I had a 1am alarm that I snoozed an unknown number of times before it left me alone.
  • Left on time to drive the kids to school, but they were still tardy by seconds.  This time I blame the traffic for real.  It was way backed up, but I don't know why.  We should still have left a few minutes earlier.
  • Morning pup duty, including a short, brisk, hilly walk (which I count as exercise).
  • Washed some dishes.
  • Did some client work.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on news, emails, calendar, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • Working on coffee 2.

To do:

• More client work.  It's kinda slow right now, but it will speed up, so I need to catch up on non-urgent things.
  • More exercise and reading.
  • Pay bills.  One of them is due today, so I really need to get this done!
  • Pick up the kids from school, and probably drive Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Make the kids get caught up on their CERT training!  I predict a lot of nagging and sass.  They also need to keep up on their homework.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

--started the laundry, and sorted the rest into baskets for next-up

--printed all the 2nd Grade things, ready to be filed (including ditched one science plan and figured out an alternate)

--picked 3 potential recipes for dinner for tonight, none of which involve meat, all of which involve things we have here, so I can decide closer to time

--heading up to do school with DS

• Like 4

--did school with DS

--swapped laundry to the dryer, put in the next load (more will have to wait, as I used the last of the laundry soap)

--cut out the pieces for the next/final phase of the quilt, played around with placement, super very love it, so will work on that tonight maybe

--next up: grade papers, file 2nd grade stuff, make sure I don't need to do a grocery run before class

• Like 4

Finally tracked down people to do quotes on the house (we need one side painted of the outside, per HOA, so we're getting quotes for just that side and for the whole thing; it's a 2-story, and a BIG job, and DH finally agreed to at least get a price quote before insisting on doing it himself.....); 2nd guy is here now

dinner was good -- tweaked an eMeals recipe: "white bean tomato olive pasta" became tomatoes, olives, artichokes (from a jar), black eyed peas (b/c no Northern beans on hand), mushrooms, red onion & pasta. Italian sausage on the side for the meat-eaters. Everyone loved it (and DH even had it meat free).

Swapping laundry in a minute, then have to run get a couple of things for science tomorrow. Then will either hang out with DH or have sewing time while he hangs out with DS. 

• Like 3

Zoom sessions went well. Got the oil changed and walked around the downtown area a bit while waiting. It's not bad but it could be better. 

Just finished eating dinner. I love roasted veggies! 

I made the grocery list while I was cooking dinner, so I will head out to the store soon.

• Like 5

Was doing a little reading, and they said we should journal what we're grateful for every night before bed.  Nothing new, of course, but I wondered if I should do that kind of thing on a thread like this.  Anyhoo maybe I will when the mood strikes me.  😛  Of course I'm grateful for so many things, but I don't always think about that.  I probably think too much about what isn't working / what I'm anxious about, and not enough about what's great.

Right now I'm getting ready to do a little work shopping and then pick up Kid2.

I have my work email inbox down to 120 items.  I probably could have gotten them down under 100, but I took a nap.

Kid1 is hopefully getting her homework done so she can do CERT training after Kid2 gets home.  (Kid2 claims she has no homework.)

• Like 5

I'm almost done with criminal law and I'm completely done in my other. It feels weird lol. I have dgd this Sunday overnight. The kids tickets were changed due to covid. I don't think I'm going to like Sundays overnight. Glad I'm almost done with school. 

Dd and dh made dinner. So, I bet I'll have some type of clean up tomorrow. 

Gotta walk/exercise still

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

TO DO

• shower first
  • make breakfast
  • Redo paratransit application and fax to my doctor.  Apparently it never got to my physician.  I think I may have left it with another receptionist and it was never turned over to my doctor.
  • re-message rheumatologist about changing to Enbrel, upcoming surgery
  • Call health advocate nurses - Tomorrow
  • figure out if my Subaru electric system is whacked or is it a problem of wrong chargers  (on our birding trip, we had smoke start coming out of the cigarette lighter- which is how we have to charge things since we have an 06)---Tomorrow
  • See if car is ready and pick it up-- if not ready till afternoon- have Toyota dealer van pick him up
  • figure out dinner- I have chicken breasts and want to do something very easy in Instapot equivalent- dh and I cooked together
  • continue work on putting away summer clothes and organizing fall/winter clothes- can't put away all summer clothes because of where I live

More later

Other done items

free Aphasia clinic online at 10 that I forgot to list

got coumadin dosage schedule until Nov 9th when I have a new appt.

Tried to get mammography appt w no luck so far and then tried pre-op appt line and it is wrong on the paper- or since this is the same hospital system, maybe all phones off- will do again soon Do tomorrow

left message for nurse at primary care to call and schedule pre-physical-she will be calling me on Thursday since she is down to 2 days a week.  I actually like the new nurse who is his nurse 3 days a week better. 

scheduled termite appt

Music Appreciation class- though the music was Eleanor Rigby and that is one of my Beatles songs I am not very fond of

To Do or Doing

• Zoom Lupus support group=Rheumatologist talking about Skin and Mucous membrane involvement in Lupus - Attending
  • Scan post-operation instructions and send to kids
  • watch something

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

Oh, yum!!! This makes me want to find a CSA to join. That looks great!

Our farmer is Old Order Mennonite. Small beyond-organic farm. We love supporting a local family business and the veggies ( and some fruit) are yummy. Keeps us eating lots of veggies too. We get some meat and eggs from him too.

It was loads of fun to take the kids to Farmer A’s place whrn they were little. Hayride behind two huge draft horses and pony cart (Amish four wheeler) rides across the farm were unbeatable. Pulling their own turnips and picking their own “pumpkin” (pumpkin shaped butternut), and seeing sorghum processed. Very fun! 

I miss having little kids.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

I'm back from the store and ate some of the dairy free ice cream I bought myself. It is just okay. That's what I get for buying a brand on sale instead of the brand I know I like. 

I do that too. I can have dairy, but not sugar and there are several brands of ice cream bars that I like, but so far all the plain ice cream has a weird aftertaste. 

• Like 1

Let's see, where did I leave off...

...folded/put away the laundry (both loads)
...did the last step of the quilt project, and realized there's one more mini-step before the quilting itself
....did the grocery run for science, and DH had a brilliant plan that saves me a lot of hassle/mess for tomorrow (yay!)
...dinner was good, got to play some video games after the sewing and watch some TV with DH
...running off copies of the thing for tomorrow then going to bed (well, probably stay up till Oldest gets home; he had a "oh, I didn't know until yesterday" midterm tonight.....)

'night, all! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SKL said:

Was doing a little reading, and they said we should journal what we're grateful for every night before bed.  Nothing new, of course, but I wondered if I should do that kind of thing on a thread like this. 

Love that idea. My good stuff from yesterday:  so grateful to a prof who helped me figure out next semester and created a class for me with maximum flexibility so I can care for mom and still graduate.  A friend and fellow seminary student came over yesterday and we talked about a big project we have due and how to do it, then we just visited. She had Covid before vaccine and has been vaccinated twice. We wore masks the whole time and sat in my mom's outside porch, so I think it was a safe thing to do and was definitely helpful for my outlook.

• Like 3