Menu

Well-trained bodies - October

Laura Corin

Walked last night (about 2K).

Walked this morning (3.4K).

Met up with our son and his girlfriend at WDW and walked around the park for a couple of hours, which met my step goal for the day.

Shoulder is still pretty sore, so nothing rigorous. Hoping it is feeling somewhat better by tomorrow morning.

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 201.4 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 225 Days
South Lake Trail ?: 0 of 13 miles  

• Like 4

My joints are flaring big time but I don't have an obvious reason why this time around. The goal tonight is plenty of sleep with a combo of my magnesium mix plus a topical cream. I've been stretching and doing PT stuff. The plan for tomorrow is more of the same (PT and cream) plus an active walk or possibly stationary bike to try to get the system to loosen up.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

My joints are flaring big time but I don't have an obvious reason why this time around. The goal tonight is plenty of sleep with a combo of my magnesium mix plus a topical cream. I've been stretching and doing PT stuff. The plan for tomorrow is more of the same (PT and cream) plus an active walk or possibly stationary bike to try to get the system to loosen up.

Sorry to hear about the flare. 

@Soror this is what they Ate app produces- just a log of your day. I forgot to photograph one meal so just typed it in. The photos are rough because they are just for my benefit. 

Screenshot_20211011-095425_ate.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

Sorry to hear about the flare. 

@Soror this is what they Ate app produces- just a log of your day. I forgot to photograph one meal so just typed it in. The photos are rough because they are just for my benefit. 

Screenshot_20211011-095425_ate.jpg

That is cool! I need to try it out.

I ended up doing 2 short strength training sessions on Saturday (1 hr total) in addition to the 20 min low impact cardio.

Yesterday I worked on homeschool planning (that I should have done last weekend) and catching up on chores around the house.

This week I am waking at 4 on Mon and Thurs but otherwise not teaching until 5 or 5:30. I felt so much better when I didn't have to get up so early. It is not worth it. As it is rumors are growing stronger, this may be my last week of VIPKID- so I'll have to switch my schedule again. Long story short. Too many things in the air, still.

I've been discouraged about my lack of productivity. It is hard when I'm not sleeping much and busy thinking and stressing. I woke up at 2 this morning, doesn't bode well for getting things done but I'm determined to try. I am aiming for a nap after lunch or after teaching if I'm really tired at that point. On the plus side will finish teaching by 8 (instead of the 9:20-9:50 the rest of the week). 

Planning on kettlebell workout this week- but might switch to calisthenics....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Soror said:

That is cool! I need to try it out.

I ended up doing 2 short strength training sessions on Saturday (1 hr total) in addition to the 20 min low impact cardio.

Yesterday I worked on homeschool planning (that I should have done last weekend) and catching up on chores around the house.

This week I am waking at 4 on Mon and Thurs but otherwise not teaching until 5 or 5:30. I felt so much better when I didn't have to get up so early. It is not worth it. As it is rumors are growing stronger, this may be my last week of VIPKID- so I'll have to switch my schedule again. Long story short. Too many things in the air, still.

I've been discouraged about my lack of productivity. It is hard when I'm not sleeping much and busy thinking and stressing. I woke up at 2 this morning, doesn't bode well for getting things done but I'm determined to try. I am aiming for a nap after lunch or after teaching if I'm really tired at that point. On the plus side will finish teaching by 8 (instead of the 9:20-9:50 the rest of the week). 

Planning on kettlebell workout this week- but might switch to calisthenics....

Sorry that things are so uncertain.  I often chafe against my full-time job, so this reminds me that freelance is no bed of roses!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

Sorry that things are so uncertain.  I often chafe against my full-time job, so this reminds me that freelance is no bed of roses!

LOL, certainly not a bed of roses. It has been pretty good until all of this mess. Not perfect but great pay for the amount of time and flexibility. I just hate the uncertainty now, it is driving me nuts. 

• Sad 3

Went to sleep last night with my shoulder still pretty sore and tired. It felt better when I woke up this morning, but I opted not to stress it by jumping back into full-on exercise mode.

So, I walked about 3.5K and then spent about 15 minutes doing just leg exercise. Assuming the shoulder continues to feel better, I hope to resume some gentle work with my lightest weights tomorrow.

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 204.9 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 226 Days

• Like 4

It's been a lovely, relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks for all the well wishes! The big dinner was nice yesterday. I opted to eat my apple crisp "dessert" a couple hours before dinner so that I'd have room in my tummy.Â đŸ˜„ It was a good plan, as I was stuffed from ham and veggies. 

I went for 2 good dog walks and a walk with dh in the evening. Tonight dh and I are playing tennis. I'll go for a couple walks and perhaps a kayak paddle. The weather has been overcast the entire weekend, but at least there hasn't been much rain. Temps are nice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wintermom said:

I did get out for a lovely kayak. The fall colours are looking gorgeous!

IMG_20211011_145842606.jpg

Lovely!

I had a walk after work.  A field that had been locked up due to livestock is open again, and I walked a track across two fields, just meeting inquisitive horses, to make a loop.

It's getting dark here. This was my 7.30 sunrise yesterday - I haven't seen a sunrise in six months.

20211011_073007.jpg

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Laura Corin So, the sun doesn't rise until 7:30 now? How many hours of daylight do you get right now?

I laid back down in the morning after teaching, so I did not get in my workout first thing. I did get 2 short walks and 1 short bike ride and did a 15 min upper body strength workout. I'm thinking I may just stick to shorter workouts until my schedule becomes regular again or I get more used to it. Today will be lower body. Will aim for a walk later.

I downloaded the Ate app @Laura Corinmentioned and used it yesterday. I really like the focus of it towards mindfulness and the questions it asked. I think I'll find it helpful for the time being. Right now my goals are homemade food and decreasing snacking (got a ways to go) you'll see--

Edited by Soror
  • Like 3

I don't know why lunch is not showing because I took a picture...

I'm aiming for homemade - 90% - so I'm not sweating my chocolate and occasional store bought item.

I'll try to post my food for awhile because it is motivating me to not eat crap and work on my food timing and mindfulness with eating (am I hungry?).

breakfast- steelcut oats, apple, pecans, and nf greek yogurt

lunch- homemade club salad (turkey instead of ham- no croutons or cheese); dessert- homemade black bean brownies

snack: dark chocolate caramels

snack: bit of leftover chicken malaysian curry w/ rice

dinner: spaghetti squash, chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli - w/ homemade alfredo sauce; store bought cauliflower breadstick

food10.12.jpeg

• Like 2

@Laura Corin Gorgeous sunrise photo! I saw the sunrise this morning at around 7am. Nice to see it, but also not nice that it's this late.

@Soror I'm tempted to try out the Ate app as well, as the visual snapshot of food would help (I hope) me eliminate those second helpings when I'm not really hungry anymore. 

Tennis was fun last night and a good run around. I'm not sure what my activity plan is for today. It's beautiful outside, so I'll walk and maybe even get in a bike ride.

• Like 3

I did a solid lower-body and core workout this morning and my legs are now jello. I usually do a lot with my upper body to keep strengthening areas that have bone spur and scoliosis struggles, but that will have to stop for just a little while due to my elbow flares. 

@Soror I applaud you sharing your food journey as well. Nutrition and exercise all roll together. I've had some hiccups as ds is home for a few days from college, but I am making progress. Most days I allow myself some 85% dark chocolate if desired. Yesterday dh wanted to treat ds to ice cream. They brought back a three-scoop treat for me. I genuinely only wanted one of those scoops--it was delicious and indulgent but more would not have felt or tasted good. So the daily discipline of avoiding sugar is having the good effect of reshaping my taste buds. 

• Like 2

@SororI think the app is still in beta - I've had posts not stick too. Sunrise is 7.38 and sunset is 6.08. I came home from a walk this evening at 7 and it was pretty dark.

Latest episode in my apple investigation.  My best eating apple tree is called Charles Ross.

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/fruitarticles/apples/variety-charles-ross.php

• Like 3

I downloaded the Ate app and have taken a couple photos. I mentioned the photo idea to my dh and he said that he'd been doing this with his dietician and it was fantastic. He felt embarrassed to send photos of the junk he was eating and it actually stopped him buying and eating the junk food. Success!!! I was wondering how he managed that tricky step between saying he wouldn't eat those cookies to actually doing it. 

I got in a great bike ride along the big river this afternoon. It was unexpected because dh had biked to a retirement party only to arrive and find out it was rescheduled to Thursday. I drove to pick him up and rode his bike back home while he took the car. Neat way for us both to get in bike rides!Â đŸ˜„

• Like 4

7 hours ago, wintermom said:

I got in a great bike ride along the big river this afternoon. It was unexpected because dh had biked to a retirement party only to arrive and find out it was rescheduled to Thursday. I drove to pick him up and rode his bike back home while he took the car. Neat way for us both to get in bike rides!Â đŸ˜„

How lucky to be a similar-enough height that you can swap bikes! My husband and  are within a couple of inches of each other and it's very convenient,  particularly in choosing furniture that fits us.

• Like 3

Woke up early today so did my workout early. I have to teach later today and am taking the girls to the park so I won't have much time later. 

Got in 45m+15 min of walking yesterday.

Today: 25 min Chest and Shoulders + 10 min core; 

Will play on the monkey bars a bit at the playground. Hopefully a bike and/or walk.

• Like 4

I think I missed posting yesterday, but there was nothing interesting to report. I had to skip my non-walking exercises, because I had to be at the imaging center at 8:00 for some scans . . . which of course were delayed for well over an hour while the center staff argued with my doctor's staff about the way the orders were written. Why that could not have been caught and resolved before I was sitting in the waiting room remains a mystery to me.

I did get my steps in, but that's the best that can be said for yesterday.

I woke up about 45 minutes early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, despite having logged only just about 5 hours of sleep. I gave the cat some attention and then went out for my walk. Since I had extra time, I dragged the dog on one of our longer routes, about 4.2K. Once home, I got back down on the floor for the first time since I hurt my shoulder last week. I used my lighter weights and took things very easy on my arms but did some extra work on my legs. So far, it doesn't feel like I wrenched anything out of place.

My current walking challenge just posted a 5K badge to be earned in before 10/19, which may give me the motivation to try and get out and start walking the new trail this weekend. (Assuming no disaster arises that requires my attention in that time slot.)

It was too dark to take any good photos this morning, but I'll share one I took a couple of days ago.

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 220.1 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 228 Days

IMG_20211011_074835063_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Still going with DDPY. I still haven't dropped that one, miserable, stupid, little pound I need to lose to move from "obese" to "overweight" BMI. *Sigh* Maybe if I gripe about it, the pound will suddenly leave just to make me look foolish for complaining. *Gripe*gripe*gripe*

I tried some harder DDPY workouts and was surprised at how well I did.  It's funny how progress comes; I will be treading water for what seems like ages, and then suddenly make a big jump in ability. My flexibility has increased dramatically and my resting heart rate is down to 66-68bpm.

DS13 and I have been walking 4k every day. He is really motivated by those virtual walking challenges where you earn a medal for completion. He's 54km into a 100km medal for October! 

• Like 6

The weather outside is beautiful, so I will take a long walk today in addition to my PT stuff.

Food so far today is a mix. Lemon-chicken soup leftovers for breakfast is super healthy, but then I also had gluten free bialys (little flatbreads with carmelized onion and poppyseeds) and tea with sugar. The gf bialys were homemade, but the flour mix contains a fair percentage of starches so it doesn't feel like the healthiest option. I hate obsessing about monitoring the 2 teaspoons of sugar in my tea, yet here we are. 

I am feeling some desperation to find something interesting to do wrt exercising. I miss martial arts, but don't plan to return to it due to spinal compression and bone spurs. I have enjoyed a few Zumba vidoes, but they do not excite me the way martial arts did. I have fragile, shifty joints, so other loves are out of the question (basketball, volleyball, skiing). I'd really like to do something crazy like go rent a cottage in Ireland for six months and just hike around a ton and explore historical sites, but that seems pretty expensive. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

The weather outside is beautiful, so I will take a long walk today in addition to my PT stuff.

Food so far today is a mix. Lemon-chicken soup leftovers for breakfast is super healthy, but then I also had gluten free bialys (little flatbreads with carmelized onion and poppyseeds) and tea with sugar. The gf bialys were homemade, but the flour mix contains a fair percentage of starches so it doesn't feel like the healthiest option. I hate obsessing about monitoring the 2 teaspoons of sugar in my tea, yet here we are. 

I am feeling some desperation to find something interesting to do wrt exercising. I miss martial arts, but don't plan to return to it due to spinal compression and bone spurs. I have enjoyed a few Zumba vidoes, but they do not excite me the way martial arts did. I have fragile, shifty joints, so other loves are out of the question (basketball, volleyball, skiing). I'd really like to do something crazy like go rent a cottage in Ireland for six months and just hike around a ton and explore historical sites, but that seems pretty expensive. 

What about a hike across parts of Spain - le Camino de Santiago? I know a few different couples who have done this and it sounds amazing. There are places to stay along the route. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/expeditions/destinations/europe/land/spain-walking-el-camino/

• Like 5

I've not done any outdoor exercise today. I was supposed to play tennis this evening but we were rained out. ... and I'm so relieved.Â đŸ™ƒÂ  I ended up having to do some literature reviewing for work and I'm completely exhausted. Now I understand why I was struggling so much with my giant lit review for my course during the summer. It's a huge time and energy drain. This is apparently my day to be a slug. 

I'm bouncing back for tomorrow, though. I'm going kayaking/canoeing with a group of friends! Should be lots of fun, and hopefully we won't get rained out. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wintermom said:

What about a hike across parts of Spain - le Camino de Santiago? I know a few different couples who have done this and it sounds amazing. There are places to stay along the route. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/expeditions/destinations/europe/land/spain-walking-el-camino/

That looks amazing!!!

13 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

I get this too. It is why I have switched up what I do so often and try out different things. I'm not doing anything special atm but have been enjoying my workouts. I still long to actually finish a triathlon but don't know that will ever happen with my lack of swimming skills.

------------------

So, I'm still logging food but can't figure out an easy way to post my picture and have been short on time. I tried yesterday but my phone has bad reception in the basement and I gave up.

Food has been ok. Yesterday I had a mini sundae after I took the girls to the park. I didn't get a regular walk but did walk while talking on the phone.

Today I have 5+ hrs of teaching, then homeschool. Thankfully it is a rest day. I don't know what exercise I'll do. I'll aim for a walk while they do TKD. Maybe some stretching?

• Like 4

Lovely walk through the woods yesterday - similar walk today but in windy, grey weather.  I'm still staying away from yoga but I'm missing it and am concerned about the lack of muscle work.  I should probably just break out the hand weights, which I find really boring.  This Saturday we hope for a Highlands walk to see the leaves.  After that I'll start yoga again gently, avoiding serious hip stretches.  My hip is doing better.

The Ate app is helping - it's making me much more aware of what I eat and when.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

I'd really like to do something crazy like go rent a cottage in Ireland for six months and just hike around a ton and explore historical sites, but that seems pretty expensive. 

You're singing my song. I get catalogues from both Smithsonian Journeys and Road Scholar, and I have had to force myself to stop looking at the walking/hiking packages, because it's not realistic for me to do them and it just makes me sad to keep thinking about it.

I've tried doing some of the virtual walks (including el Camino del Santiago), and they were a fun way to get me walking, but I got bored with them. 

I'm with you, too, that I definitely need something different to do for exercise. I need to do a fair amount of walking/exercise to cope with assorted health issues and alleviate depression, but it's all been feeling like a chore recently. But between wonky, arthritic knees and neuropathic feet/lower legs and weak upper arms and sometimes less-than-reliable balance, the options are a bit limited.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

You're singing my song. I get catalogues from both Smithsonian Journeys and Road Scholar, and I have had to force myself to stop looking at the walking/hiking packages, because it's not realistic for me to do them and it just makes me sad to keep thinking about it.

I've tried doing some of the virtual walks (including el Camino del Santiago), and they were a fun way to get me walking, but I got bored with them. 

I'm with you, too, that I definitely need something different to do for exercise. I need to do a fair amount of walking/exercise to cope with assorted health issues and alleviate depression, but it's all been feeling like a chore recently. But between wonky, arthritic knees and neuropathic feet/lower legs and weak upper arms and sometimes less-than-reliable balance, the options are a bit limited.

I can totally relate to the sadness. I love hiking. However, I cannot do it aaaaallll day as some of those hiking tours require. I'd love to be able to do so, though, and my hope is to at least get in lots of shorter hikes and walks even if I have to have some limits. Choosing to focus on the positive. Similarly with the sports I've lost. I try to rejoice in how strong I am and how I was able to recover my balance after hospitalization and sepsis, but I often feel sad that the really fun stuff is out of reach. We adjust, of course, even as we long for the younger, stronger body.

• Like 2

Core and lower body this morning. Hoping to do some more PT stuff tonight. I slept horribly last night--I had a caffeinated drink too late in the day and lived to regret it. Hoping to do some more PT stuff early evening to help keep me awake when it's time to be awake and then crash into bed on my usual schedule. 

@Jenny in Florida It occurs to me I have looked at some of those virtual walk programs but shied away from them wondering if they require too much during-the-walk fussing. My daughter tried to get me to do one with Irish walks that comes with medals and everything. I adore that area of the world (travel generally, too) but wondered if the medals and such would feel cheesy. Can you (or anyone else) tell me a bit more about your experience with those apps? Thanks.

• Like 2

Just got in a walk yesterday. Ended up taking a nap in the afternoon. I didn't think I was that tired but I slept an hour. Consequently I didn't sleep well at all last night. Sigh. Tomorrow is the weekend, 2 days with no alarm. Woot! And no more classes booked at 4:30, so my earliest alarm will be 4:30 instead of 4.

i've been sleeping pretty decently this week. It has made a world of difference. I have felt down about how little I have gotten done but when you don't sleep you don't have the energy to do anything.

Today full body strength is planned- short one- 20-30 minutes- I think.

Edited by Soror
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

@Jenny in Florida It occurs to me I have looked at some of those virtual walk programs but shied away from them wondering if they require too much during-the-walk fussing. My daughter tried to get me to do one with Irish walks that comes with medals and everything. I adore that area of the world (travel generally, too) but wondered if the medals and such would feel cheesy. Can you (or anyone else) tell me a bit more about your experience with those apps? Thanks.

No during-the-walk fussing at all, for the ones I've done. Basically, just sign up and usually have the option to either have the app track your walking (like a Fitbit) or manually enter your mileage through the app or their website. You then have the option to see on the website (and maybe on the app, depending on which one you are doing) a map that shows you where you are on your virtual journey. Sometimes, you can use Google view to look around your location from the map, too. However, I found that was more interesting on some treks than on others, since often what you see on those views is roadway that looks like any other rural roadway or sometimes just trees. The ones I did most often also have periodic "virtual postcards" that you receive via email with facts about a particularly interesting place you pass. 

This is the site through which I signed up for most of mine: https://www.theconqueror.events/

They were a good motivator for me when I was first really trying to do more walking. And the medals are pretty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I finished off yesterday's steps with two short walks sandwiching some schoolwork I wanted to finish before the weekend.

Walked again this morning, about 3.2K, and then did 25+ minutes of floor-based strength and stretching. I'm still working my way back up to the "heavier" (all of 5 pounds) weights and being careful with my right arm/shoulder. It's been over a week now since I strained it, and it's still a bit tender when I'm not careful.

Hoping to get out (finally) to start the new trail this weekend and maybe even to dig out the bicycle and make sure it's rideable. 

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 233.9 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 230 Days

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 4

Assuming I don't blow it today, I will have made or exceeded my step goal every day for the last two weeks. That's nice to see, because I had a couple of months prior to that when I had fallen into the habit of missing the goal one or two days every week.

Walked this morning, 3.3K, and that's all I've managed so far today. 

I should be settling in to finish up schoolwork so that I am ready for class on Monday evening, but I think I might take a little time to go try and dig my bicycle out of the garage and see if it's rideable. Not sure when I would ride it, but I would like to have the option.

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 240.7 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 231 Days

• Like 4

I played some hard-hitting doubles tennis last night for 2 hrs. It was a lot of fun, but I'm pretty much dead at the 2hr mark. My hip joints have been getting gradually more achy this fall. Hopefully this will diminish once the outdoor tennis season ends.

It's rainy and wet outside today, so I'm relaxing a bit. Just took the dog for a walk. I'll try to get out for another walk today. Tomorrow I have 2 tennis matches scheduled, so I hope the rain stops for that.

• Like 4

So, I found out Friday that Nov 4th/5th will be the last VIPKID day (the way it is written I'm not certain which- and of course until/if the global market takes off). That means for the next 3 weeks I have both jobs. That really squeezes my workout time because I still have 2 kids I'm homeschooling. I'm going to tweak my workout schedule- not taking off on Sundays- taking off both days during the week.

Saturday I started the kettlebell series- I meant to start last week but was short on time. It is 5 days- I did day 1 yesterday and 2 today. Tomorrow will be 3 and then Tuesday and maybe Wednesday will be off- and I'll finish it Wed/Thurs or Thurs/Fri. 

I did better on steps last week than I have in awhile although there were still some low days in there. My knee is still a bit touchy so I've not been pushing it too much. I planned to start some running intervals but not until it feels good.

I don't know how you ladies with FT jobs are doing so many hours of activity a day. I'm feeling squeezed. Work is 4.5hr + and then homeschool is the same. Plus taking care of everything around the house- cooking, cleaning, and taxing kids around. I'm feeling busier than I'd like. Some days I have more time but it is always here and there, and not consistent.

• Like 4

Full time job here, but not hours of activity! My goal is 30 min early in the morning--sometimes I need to do a slightly shorter workout (25 min is about the shortest in my video workout collection). But I am on my feet teaching and just getting from car to building and around the building during the day, I usually get all my rings closed on my watch even on a shorter exercise day. I'm not aiming for super-fitness though--just a healthy baseline activity level.

Yesterday I did my yoga in the morning. We had a gorgeous sunny day with a high near 70, and our phones show lots of 50's and rain over the next 10 days. "It's the last nice day," said dh (and it might be), so we did a little fall color walk with the girls (Molly the lab and our wheelchair kid). Here's a couple of pics of our corner of the world.

fallcolor1.JPG

fallcolor2.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soror said:

So, I found out Friday that Nov 4th/5th will be the last VIPKID day (the way it is written I'm not certain which- and of course until/if the global market takes off). That means for the next 3 weeks I have both jobs. That really squeezes my workout time because I still have 2 kids I'm homeschooling. I'm going to tweak my workout schedule- not taking off on Sundays- taking off both days during the week.

Saturday I started the kettlebell series- I meant to start last week but was short on time. It is 5 days- I did day 1 yesterday and 2 today. Tomorrow will be 3 and then Tuesday and maybe Wednesday will be off- and I'll finish it Wed/Thurs or Thurs/Fri. 

I did better on steps last week than I have in awhile although there were still some low days in there. My knee is still a bit touchy so I've not been pushing it too much. I planned to start some running intervals but not until it feels good.

I don't know how you ladies with FT jobs are doing so many hours of activity a day. I'm feeling squeezed. Work is 4.5hr + and then homeschool is the same. Plus taking care of everything around the house- cooking, cleaning, and taxing kids around. I'm feeling busier than I'd like. Some days I have more time but it is always here and there, and not consistent.

Full time job but empty nest. I aim for around an hour a day of activity. Less during the week, more at weekends.

Splendid walk in the Highlands up Glen Tilt. We went there last year but got further up the Glen this time. Just over nine miles in total, which is about Husband's limit. 

Eta photos up and down the Glen.

20211016_152533.jpg

20211016_144609.jpg

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the lovely photos, ladies!! 

@Soror My exercise time dramatically decreased when I started working full-time. I manage to get in walks with the dog in the neighbourhood and the odd bike ride; tennis is usually on the weekend and paddling once or twice a week. I'm really fortunate that my dh enjoys grocery shopping, so I don't have to do that much anymore. Dh, the dc and I share making dinners, so that isn't as time consuming as it used to be, either. There are also way less evening activities for the dc due to both Covid and their ages (2 dc in university). I'm in a really good place for life-balance now! I'm very fortunate.

Dh and played doubles tennis this afternoon with friends, and if the rain holds off we are schedule to play more tennis this evening. That'll be all my activity for the day. 

• Like 3

Like Laura, I do work full time, but I'm an empty nester. All told, I probably spend 2+ hours on intentional activity and exercise each day, but I am not ferrying kids around  regularly or homeschooling in addition. And, although I do keep things reasonably clean, I don't do a lot of cooking now that it's just my husband and me most of the time.

I did finally get around to taking the bike out yesterday evening.  I managed only about 20 minutes before I had to scoot home, but it felt good. I hope to start getting out for at least quick rides more often now that the weather is cooling down.

And I officially started the new trail walking project this morning. The 5K bonus walk for the Fall Frenzy had to be completed by end of day tomorrow, and I considered that the prod necessary to get me going. It turns out that the 13-mile trail I planned to walk next actually connects with another 9-mile trail. So I decided to lump them together and start at the far end. I'm not putting any specific time limit on this trail. 

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 246.8 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 232 Days
South Lake/Lake Apopka Trail: 3 of 25.5 miles 

IMG_20211017_101027228_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211017_092741607.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Treadmill this morning but only 23 minutes because I was hoping the tech problems that hit our school district over the weekend would be fixed and I could do a few things, but sadly no.

Today is the first day my weight is down to the "normal" range from "overweight". That was an October goal. Now let's see if I can keep it there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2