Menu

Tackling Saturday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

I'm going to tackle a few things this morning, and then I'm going to enjoy family. My sister comes late morning, and dd comes sometime later this afternoon.  

• meals 
  • fold and put away laundry
  • finish tidying and putting things away 
  • do more sorting/organizing in the office
  • shower and get ready
  • make cookies

I hope you all have a fun, relaxing, and restful Saturday! 

• Like 5

Good morning! Thanks for starting early today, Amy! I have a list of things: 

...coffee
...sit outside w/DH while he puts rocks in the new flowerbed he's been working on
...come in, start the list
....tidy my school area in the bedroom
....finish prepping my bag for Monday
....clean out my closet, organize what's there
....sew??
...if I'm very brave, or very crazy, clean out/organize the pantry -- this can be bumped to next weekend if needed
....text a mom who keeps emailing but then not getting my replies, to see if she got the last one
...decide on a plan for dinner, whether "next thing on the list' or "something fun" since MIL said no to empanadas/coming over
....oh, hmmm, look up fencing schedule and see if we want to try and go today??? I think probably not, but we'll see

I think that's all, and if I take the whole weekend for the above, that's okay too. I'd like to fit in some sewing time, but we'll see. .

Happy Saturday, everyone! 

• Like 4

Good morning! 

House cleaning

Drop something off for a friend  

Menu planning  

Grocery  

Library  

Not sure what else. Maybe go up to church and work for a while? Ds will not be happy about not getting to play flag football this afternoon, so it may be best to be out of the house.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Sat outside and cut back the overgrown basil while DH worked; I have TWO grocery bags FULL of basil which I'll turn into pesto later today. DH had an equal amount of basil tops (the flowers and hard stems) for the compost pile when I was done. 

Heading to do the closet next.

• Like 3

Good morning, everyone!! I am now a weekend poster-Man, this school year is so crazy so far. Today's plan:

Grocery pick up-done

Go to my classroom and work-done

Clean the bathrooms-done except the tub which will be done tonight after showers so I can apply some non skid spots

Cook breakfast-done

Dinner is cabbage and smoked sausage

Laundry is done except for getting the sheets back on the bed-done

Not a very long list, but I will be satisfied if it is completed

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 4

Good morning 

Already done: baby woke up at 6:30ish this morning and I went in and she was covered in pee. So I wiped her down changed her jammies and brought her downstairs. She had a snack of water and cheerios. Did all pee laundry.

Dd was sleeping downstairs on the couch, so we woke her up. Sent her to her room to try to go to back bed. 

Dh went to son's twice this morning. Lol poor son, Dil and dh. Packing tvs and computer stuff was not pleasant. Also taking stuff apart works so much better with a drill. 

Youngest woke up with a scratchy throat, mild congrstion...praying he doesn't have covid. Got another robot call from the school district yesterday evening.  🙄😔  So back to quarantine he goes. 

Found out a a neighbor died from  pneumonia and covid complications. Left behind four daughters and spouse. 😢

Just paid our lawn guy's dad. He is helping his son today. Such a wonderful family. 

Waiting to shower after dd does. Then lots of driving today for dd and dh. Make sure dh puts puts car seat in her car. 

Make welcome home gift basket for Dil. Not going to return my school books today at college. To tired. It's literally down the street from where ds and family are moving from. 

Try to do some school this evening. Didn't finish yesterday. 

Hoping y'all have a great Saturday! 

Eta: dgd ate 2 eggs, applesauce and toast for breakfast. Hungry baby 

Going to try to keep her on her schedule, but don't think she'll wait until noon to sleep. She also woke up at 10:30 last night crying. Settled her down and she went back to bed. Did I mention I'm tired!? Lol 

Edited by MooCow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Closet is done, yay!  Have one full trash bag of clothes to donate, a huge pile of hangers, moved things around so they are better organized, and it feels much calmer. 

The pile of school stuff, which I did organize over the summer, is somehow unmanageable again and overwhelming. :sigh:  Stopping to eat some food and then will attempt that. 

• Like 3

Scout, that s*cks having to find new location.

Woke up to dh having a very red, swollen eyelid.  Since it is itchy and wasn't hot and his temp was normal, doctor told him to take 25mg Benadryl eq, every 6 hours.  He also had a swollen, red private so off to stores we went to get the Monistat eq. for him.  First store, I got him the spray but he didn't want that so off to another store to get the cream.  He now has Benadryl eq. cream on that eyelid and took the 25mg capsule.  I am amazed he is still awake.  It looks like he may have had a bug bite there and that is how I got my very quickly arising cellulitis that got me in the hospital for 5 days in 2009.  Now I was on methotrexate then and he isn't on anything like that but I will be keeping tabs. 

To do

Enter medical tax things\

Continue doing laundry of my dh's sheets, and also all towels

Giant Bday celebration for dd1 and 8 people will be here and then restaurant and Night Blooms at the garden and I have no idea how I will have the energy or how dd2, who is very weak without 40mg prednisone right now because of her asthma (and probable lupus too) will do it too.

• Like 3

Got the school stuff done in the bedroom (tidying/organizing), and it wasn't as bad as I thought, once I dove in and started. 

Tried to nap, but the dog started barking like crazy, so no go. 

Fed the kids lunch (and ate my own lunch). 

Laptop for DS arrived, so DH is setting that up. 

Looked up a pesto recipe (I had one, just had to track down where it was; I found it) so I can work on that shortly. 

Will save the pantry for tomorrow; need to finish filing my school papers/getting my bag ready for Monday. I hate having to touch that on Sundays so will do that today asap. 

• Like 3

Howdie!  Happy Saturday!

It's so hot here.  I feel bad for my kid who is playing in a soccer game right now.  I know she's going to go on about how she wants to quit soccer.  I also know it's going to get better with cooler temperatures, but man ....

Done:

• Morning pup duty.
  • Kid2 to horse riding and back.
  • Kid1 to shopping & soccer.
  • A bit of exercise and house cleaning, and car cleaning.
  • Started to assemble a new shoe rack, but realized I received a wrong part, so worked on resolving that.
  • Caught up on calendar, news, emails, and social media.

To do:

• Might take a nap?
  • Kid1 from soccer.
  • Finish cleaning out my car.
  • Client work.
  • Make the kids do math, calendar, and a few other things with me.
  • Walk the dog in the evening?
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

Worked at church, went home for lunch, headed back to church.

Eta: Got good work done, recycled glass, and made a quick trip to Trader Joe’s.

Dinner will be chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole for everyone else and leftover soup for me. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Well, so much for that nap idea.  About 3 minutes after I posted that, I got a call from my kid - needed to pick her up from the away soccer game because she sprained her ankle.

I would have taken her to urgent care, but they all close at 5:00, and our chiropractor closed at noon.  So we'll probably go to urgent care tomorrow morning, unless it's way way better by then.

• Sad 4

Movers finally were able to show up. Daughter-in-law and my husband left for the new place about 20 minutes ago. Hoping they realize it'll be at least an hour drive and there's a storm coming, so we'll need extra travel time. Will give dgd dinner before we leave. Dgd and hubby both have the same favorite movie. Monsters inc. Its so cute to see them giggling out loud to each other. 💖

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MooCow said:

Dil is super upset. Found out today the baby has C-diff. 😔 

At&t is at her new house now, but she's not there...still waiting for movers. Plus she has all the equipment. So no internet until at least Monday. 

The gas company left the new house yesterday 20 min.  before she got there yesterday. No gas. Hoping they fixed the downstairs a/c. 

Dil and I prayed together. I love that we share a strong faith. 

Eta: I really hope we can drop off baby tonight. My old lady self can't do another night. 

C-Diff is so awful.  I have had it but I sm an adult.  Is the baby being hospitalized? Praying.

• Like 3

Got working on the basil....took forever to pick all the leaves off of what I'd gathered, but we have one HUGE bowlful (like, a big metal mixing bowl full). Went to the store to get the parmesan cheese, ran a bunch of other errands (dropped an Amazon return at Kohl's, dropped the clothes off at Goodwill, returned the two broken Halloween things to Michael's, etc.), came home and vegged out/played video games. 

Now I'm cooking dinner -- apricot-mustard glazed pork chops, and oven roasted carrots. Should be good. 

Afterwards, I think the guys will video game and I'll finish my school bag and then sew. Probably. They kids are still transferring the Minecraft files to the new computer -- the old computer is super slow at loading the files onto the thumb drive so they can transfer. If they get that done, they may opt for that and then DH & I will watch TV or something instead. 

Have a good evening! 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MooCow said:

Dil is super upset. Found out today the baby has C-diff. 😔 

At&t is at her new house now, but she's not there...still waiting for movers. Plus she has all the equipment. So no internet until at least Monday. 

The gas company left the new house yesterday 20 min.  before she got there yesterday. No gas. Hoping they fixed the downstairs a/c. 

Dil and I prayed together. I love that we share a strong faith. 

Eta: I really hope we can drop off baby tonight. My old lady self can't do another night. 

I had a life-threatening c diff infection. ICU and the whole works. Please consider giving the baby s boulardii supplements—there is considerable evidence to show how effective it is with c diff. Layer with other probiotics at other times of the day. Avoid sugar. Watch for yeast infection which can happen with the powerful antibiotics given for c diff. Be aware that c diff can be terribly persistent—the best outcomes come from pulsed regimen of antibiotics.