Menu

breakthrough cases in kids?

kristin0713

I have a 15yo and 13yo fully vaccinated so I'm wondering about the risk of them having a breakthrough case.  Their 2nd shots were June 14th. I just read somewhere that the majority of breakthrough cases were 65+ and I'm hoping that means that it would be extremely, extremely rare for under 18yo to have a breakthrough case.  But I was wondering if anyone has heard of any yet. 

27 minutes ago, kristin0713 said:

I have a 15yo and 13yo fully vaccinated so I'm wondering about the risk of them having a breakthrough case.  Their 2nd shots were June 14th. I just read somewhere that the majority of breakthrough cases were 65+ and I'm hoping that means that it would be extremely, extremely rare for under 18yo to have a breakthrough case.  But I was wondering if anyone has heard of any yet. 

My son turned 22 this month, and is positive. So not a kid, but not over 65 either. 

28 minutes ago, kristin0713 said:

I just read somewhere that the majority of breakthrough cases are in those who got the vaccine first since immunity wanes significantly. I can't remember where I saw that but it makes sense. Those over 65 were the first to get it, more or less.

• Like 2

We are friends with a family vaccinated with Pfizer. They masked and socially distanced and went to see family where they all contracted covid, including 13 yo child. Family was all symptomatic and experienced covid as a bad cold.

Eta: child received second vaccine in mid-June—my dd received her shots on the same days

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Sad 1