Menu

Separation anxiety in teen

Shelydon

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember what all you have done but I would ask for basic blood work esp vit B,D and a thyroid panel.  Then maybe a swab for strep as PANDAS can wreck havoc on kids without typical symptoms.

Here Omegabrites or Omega 3 Mood really help....but mine take meds as well.

I am so sorry to hear you and your daughter are struggling so much. We are in a similar situation with our 15dd. She is severely depressed and anxious to the point where she can't do school work, or be social, and doesn't even want to eat. I understand feeling like your child is not herself. We are on our third antidepressant  in 3 months. I don't have any answers obviously,  but know you are not alone and that I will be holding you both in my thoughts.

One thing that has helped me is attending NAMI support groups for parents and family members of people with mental illness. I just started two months ago and it makes me feel a lot less alone. 

Sending good wishes your way.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, NewIma said:

I am so sorry to hear you and your daughter are struggling so much. We are in a similar situation with our 15dd. She is severely depressed and anxious to the point where she can't do school work, or be social, and doesn't even want to eat. I understand feeling like your child is not herself. We are on our third antidepressant  in 3 months. I don't have any answers obviously,  but know you are not alone and that I will be holding you both in my thoughts.

One thing that has helped me is attending NAMI support groups for parents and family members of people with mental illness. I just started two months ago and it makes me feel a lot less alone. 

Sending good wishes your way.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find an online group since I cannot leave DD. 

21 hours ago, Ottakee said:

I don't remember what all you have done but I would ask for basic blood work esp vit B,D and a thyroid panel.  Then maybe a swab for strep as PANDAS can wreck havoc on kids without typical symptoms.

Here Omegabrites or Omega 3 Mood really help....but mine take meds as well.

We have done a full set of blood work and all is normal.