Menu

Anyone Tackling Saturday?

ScoutTN

Good morning! What are your plans for today?

Dh and I have a meeting this morning.

This afternoon I am going to do camping prep and housecleaning. 

Maybe the pool? Not sure what Ds wants to do, other than sleep late and avoid anything that is actually work.😉

Dinner is ? Possibly going out? 

• Like 3

"Tackling" might be too strong of a word. 

I did some paperwork and now I'm about to clean the dining room, because actually seeing the table  is a prerequisite to using it to do some planning, lol. 

Then I'll sort and clear out the fridge, and a bit of laundry in the evening when it's not so hot. 

• Like 4

Well I wanted to plan a fun day for today.

Instead dh is taking one dog to the vet for an eye infection.

He is also thinking about replacing toilets. 

Took 2 kids on an hour bike ride this morning.  Hopefully we will go back out when the sun goes down.

Clean garage.  

• Like 3

Oh, wait, I forgot one! I will also try to set up and test run the robo vac that dh insists will not work or help, lol. 

2 hours ago, Farrar said:

I was honestly thinking of hiding all day and doing zero tackling. This has been the worst week. Possibly top ten worst weeks ever.

That's called tacking your mental and emotional health, so it 100% qualifies as tackling Saturday. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Sorry for the quote box thingy. 

I'm getting a slow start today. I made the mistake of going back to sleep after dh left for work, and it has thrown my day off! Today is my cheat day dietwise, so I am stuffed to the gills with carbs and feel yucky. So for the rest of the day maybe I can work on this list:

Balance the checkbook

Write out the church check

Cook

Put a second coat of paint on one wall

Fold a load of laundry

Unload the car

I need to weed, maybe I will be less stuffed by the time the temperature cools off some

• Like 3

@Farrar, I'm so sorry you have had a difficult week! Take care of yourself!

My tackle thread buddies know I've been house hunting where we are moving to. We started off Thursday seeing four properties and ended very discouraged at how they looked compared to the pictures online. We spent the next day seeing 5 properties that mostly proved the same way. We didn't even go inside one of them when we drove up the "Tower of Terror" driveway. The last house was actually great but kind of far from dh's work. The yard would also take professional help to trim and keep the trees looking good. That equals a lot of money on top of an already bigger-than-we-wanted house payment. 

We planned to see one more this morning, and we walked in and LOVED it! We are actually the first ones to see it, and it isn't even on the MLS yet. We made an offer this afternoon, and we're waiting to hear back. Longest wait ever!!! We offered their asking price and hope that no more showings will help seal the deal. We asked for the refrigerator to stay, but that's all. 

We drove home this afternoon. We're tired and anxious so no other tackling is happening today. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

My tackle thread buddies know I've been house hunting where we are moving to. We started off Thursday seeing four properties and ended very discouraged at how they looked compared to the pictures online. We spent the next day seeing 5 properties that mostly proved the same way. We didn't even go inside one of them when we drove up the "Tower of Terror" driveway. The last house was actually great but kind of far from dh's work. The yard would also take professional help to trim and keep the trees looking good. That equals a lot of money on top of an already bigger-than-we-wanted house payment. 

We planned to see one more this morning, and we walked in and LOVED it! We are actually the first ones to see it, and it isn't even on the MLS yet. We made an offer this afternoon, and we're waiting to hear back. Longest wait ever!!! We offered their asking price and hope that no more showings will help seal the deal. We asked for the refrigerator to stay, but that's all. 

We drove home this afternoon. We're tired and anxious so no other tackling is happening today. 

Oh good luck on the house!  I hope you get it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning things ran late.

This afternoon/evening I packed some camping gear in my car, grocery shopped, and did a ton of prep cooking. Last little bit left to put away and wash up.

My guys went to the pool. 

Texted with my MIL who had surgery for a broken pelvis this morning.

About to sit down with some hot tea and read. Needed something light and fun last night and picked up Dorothy Sayers’ Murder Must Advertise. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

@katilac How did the robo vac work? I have thought about getting one for years. 

His name is Paul and he did a great job for his first day. He picked up a lot of cat hair on a floor that had no visible cat hair, so that was pretty exciting - I didn't even have him in the higher setting they recommend for pet hair.

He doesn't learn a map or route or anything; he just zooms along and changes direction when something blocks him, that's his random mode. There's also an edge mode, going along the walls, and a spot cleaning mode, going in a small spiral from wherever you set it. You can intentionally change his direction with a remote control if you wish. It's like a fairly slow remote control car. I also find it strangely amusing to watch him head back to home base when he's done, like he's had a hard day's work and can't wait to get home. 

If he doesn't break too quickly, I will be thrilled with what he does for $100. We have 8 cats, so we aren't looking for a total replacement for human sweeping and vacuuming, just some help to improve things in between and to improve the areas that get overlooked. We do the main areas so often that we're not inclined to do the closets and and other small areas as often as we should. I also cannot wait to run edge mode after human sweeping, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mom31257 said:

Praying you get good news soon!!

• Thanks 1

I signed the 3 of us up for a 1.5 hour TKD belt requirements camp.  I wasn't expecting it to be a big deal, but it turned out to create a lot of drama over board break frustration.  I think that is resolved now.

We also went to a horse tack store ... which was probably therapeutic.  😛

Other than that, pup stuff and a tiny bit of housework and client work.  Can't believe that was my whole day.

• Like 1