Menu

Stocking stuffers for husbands?

I always find it difficult to think of what to put in DH's stocking. No problem with the rest of his gifts, as he always requests basic work clothes from Lands' End, and I've already ordered them.

What do you put in your hubbies stocking? My DH is an exercise addict, especially running and biking.

Michelle T

I can't think of anything to do with exercise but some other ideas could be: Cologne, candy, toothbrush, scratch off lottery ticket, car air freshner, mag light to keep in car, watch, multi-functional tool (Leatherman), or a magazine subscription certificate.

Okay, I thought of a couple exercise/healthy things. Not sure if they are along the right lines, but here we go: resistance bands, pain meds (lol), gym membership certificate, shoe strings (?), and that's all I'm coming up with.

HTH!

Dh always gets a big stick of pepperoni or pepperoni slices. He loves pepperoni and getting a stick of it in his stocking is a tradition from his childhood, but he prefers the slices since the work is done for him:D He also likes cheese and crackers or beef jerky.

Cologne is a good idea, too. Drakkar Noir, Lagerfeld, and Polo are my favorites and it's a little more subtle than putting something from Victoria's Secret (for me to wear) in there;)

A personalized CD of some of his favorite tunes would be nice. Maybe you can put together some songs that would be good for him to workout to if he works out at home. Or maybe an iTunes gift card and some song suggestions if he has an iPod.

DH is anti 'stuff' so ....

One year I saved little boxes, tp rolls and other small containers, filled them with money and wrapped them. He got to unwrap a bunch of 'gifts' that totalled $150 for him to spend at the ski shop. :D

A lot of what goes into my dh's stocking is "joke" stuff - cute but silly things from the dollar store, like some little plastic animals or stuffies, silly putty, a goofy tie (something with cartoon characters or such), usually a little wooden model he can glue together (which is part joke and part real, since he *does* like models), lego...a few practical things like real model glue, toothbrush, man-soap, razors...some treats like pepperoni sticks, fuzzy peach candies, some chocolate....sometimes a gamer magazine of some sort..... :)

Maybe I shouldn't even post this here, but every year I try to include a small "treat" for dh in his stocking....

like from a lingerie store.

He'll leave it in the bottom of the stocking to be taken out in private.

He actually asks for this in his stocking each year now.

:lol:

I ordered a few "special" things online last year, and they arrived with a silky stocking to wrap them in. DH enjoyed opening that stocking, but we waited until later, not on Christmas morning!

Michelle T

Since my husband put Beano in my stocking last year, I might put something like Preparation H in his this year.

I always put a small bottle of his favorite rum in his stocking. They boys got him some Ginko Biloba this year, since dad's forgetting a lot of stuff. But I also put in many of the same items already listed here.