Menu

Book series on audio recommendations.

Murphy101

These books are so good specifically on audio:

• Is This Anything? By Jerry Seinfeld (he narrates the audio. So funny).
  • Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. This one is so good that I've listened three times. The narrator rocks at doing southern accents. Based on a true story in Savannah, Georgia.
  • The Color of Water by James McBride. It's a really good memoir. Narrated by two people. So good.
  • Atomic Habits by James Clear I've heard is awesome on audio. I've read the book twice so haven't heard it yet. The book is phenomenal.

Let me know if you want more!

• Like 1

The Memoirs of Lady Trent series (A Natural History of Dragons).  This are an alternative Victorian history, where dragons are real and part of the natural world (they do not have magical powers, but can fly and some blow fire).  They are just good, clean fun.  The stories are moving and wonderful, but not such page turners that you can't turn them off at night.  The narrator is excellent and sounds exactly how an older Victorian lady would recount her adventures in her younger years.  There are some very roundabout mentions of sex, but I'd let my oldest two kids read them with no issues, in fact my 14 year old just finished them and he really liked them.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

NOT Outlander. Still trying to scrub book one out of my ears. LOL

Other recommendations?  I want something to listen to while I work on crocheting my blanket at night. 

I'm so sorry I missed the "series" part of your question!!

59 minutes ago, theelfqueen said:

How do you feel about sci fi? And how do you feel about profanity? 

I like sci fi. Really enjoy Dresden Files and In Death series. 

I don’t mind some profanity but I’m not interest in pages of it or sex scenes.  

Recent SF series I've enjoyed ... 

The Bobiverse books by Dennis Taylor (starting with We Are Legion, We are Bob)

The Interdependency books by John Scalzi (lots of obscenity and some gratuitous sex but not detailed romance style sex scenese) 

Also Children of time and children of ruin by Adrian Tchaikovsky 

The HP books on audio (both versions) are good and so are the Narnia books.