Menu

Is this vaccine related or some other bug?

math teacher

Yesterday I got my flu and pneumonia shots. My arm is so sore that it hurts to raise it enough to flip a light switch. It hurts every time I move. I know this is surely from the vaccines. But, today I started running a fever. It's up to 101.6 now, so of course I have body aches besides the sore arm. Dh had a sinus/allergy issue a few days ago. Maybe I caught something from him. However, I'm not having any upper respiratory problems.

What do you think?

I'd say likely vaccine related. If you have a fever tomorrow, then I'd be concerned. But one of my kids reacts that way to the flu vaccine (he no longer gets it because he gets so yucky from it). If fever hits 102 you are supposed to contact doctor so it can be reported as a vaccine reaction - but given everything else I suppose at that point you should also get a Covid test. 

• Like 1

I vote vaccine reaction. I think pneumonia is one that made my arm super sore. For this year's flu vaccine, I powered through the day of the vaccine and noticed nothing (except minor sore arm), but the next day I was very fatigued and had to return to bed. Just the one day though.

• Like 1

My sister's only COVID symptoms were primarily nasal--sneezing and general congestion (plus headache). She was exposed and had a positive test. But she would have assumed she was having allergies or sinus trouble.  

That said, I think your symptoms are likely vaccine related.