Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! Most of my day is campout prep. Great bloodsugar number today. So strange! I have not changed my eating or exercise habits, but my numbers are way lower than the last two weeks.

Tutor one student He didn't show up. I still get paid.

Grocery  

Prep food  

pack my personal stuff  

pack car  

Go camping with my AHG troop. Well, some of them. Rain is deterring some from coming. Fall break plans have lured others away.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

It's Friday!🎉 Oldest ds turns 22 today!

• office work - Hopefully it will be a less frustrating day than yesterday. We've been having both phone/internet issues (work is being done on the cell tower near us and it has slowed everything way down) and email problems (emails to two of our biggest clients keep getting bounced back). Grrr!
  • phone conference with lawyer this afternoon, I think?
  • unpack produce boxes & wash everything
  • dust & vacuum
  • dinner: Birthday feast! Deep dish pizza from My Pi in Chicago and dumplings from Dumpling Monster in LA. Brownies & cookies for dessert.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday, Selkie's DS! 

Good morning, everyone! happy Friday! SKL, may it be as stress-free a Friday as possible. 

My list:
...coffee
...teach the 4 yr old
...wake up DS19, who is missing all kinds of assignments for his math class; sit down w/him and Make.A.Schedule. (also, figure out who to email b/c his prof keeps changing due dates to be earlier than listed, so he checks, plans/puts off, then misses the deadline as it got moved up.....)
...school with DS15

...Friday Night Sew In day today
...lunch: ???
...dinner: breakfast for dinner, DH is cooking
...late night: DH got tix to a LIVE comedy show, at a drive-in, with our favorite comedian, rain or shine (we should have very little rain/wind, and it should be mostly gone by then) so that will be fun. We've had many things cancelled by Covid this year, so this is super fun (also, my Bday is Monday, our anniversary is the week after, so this is for that)

Oh, also more laundry. 

Have a good day! 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

logged fasting bloodsugars.  Scout, you must have sent good bloodsugar vibes to me because I  had a record low fasting bloodsugar today.  (not anywhere near hypoglycemic - just closer to "normal")

Also- after 21 days I have finally lost a pound.  Nobody can accuse me of losing weight too quickly!

fed Neko and Juliet

fed myself

medicated myself

logged food, water, carbs

updated Sparkpeople blog

stretched

prayed

PT upper body exercises

showered and dressed

made bed

brushed teeth

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

Coffee!

I got to sleep in--it felt good!

Laundry is done

Scout letters shredded

Scout files put away

Need to fix a tipi door flap

Buttons to sew

Letters to write

Thank you note to mail

Photos to post

Books to cover and log

Went to the campus cameras and pretended that I saw dd and waved to her--I miss her

Need to go out and meet dd's new white cows

Bank

Walk

I think we're eating leftovers at dd's tonight

Grocery run

121081494_351546856266356_3550683950518732697_n.jpg

Are those Charolais?  

• Like 3

Hi guys.  Why does it feel like a Saturday?

I fell asleep early last night & woke at 4:30am.  Did my Thursday walking around & around the downstairs while playing 2048.  Played on the computer and went back to bed.  Slept in until 11:something.

Thankfully, nobody is bothering me about work, so far.  I have plenty to do, but I don't think I have any deadlines or conference calls today.

My kids do have some school work.  I am trying to motivate them to get it done earlier rather than later.  I want to be a "no drama mama" today.

I need to order my kid's birthday present from the Apple store.  Her birthday is tomorrow, 10-10-2020.  She only wants one thing.  Tiny but expensive.  An Apple watch.  I'm also trying to arrange for the kids to hang out with old friends on Sunday.  And planning for their social & sports calendar next Saturday.

Kid2 will have horse riding later.  Kid1 will have soccer practice.  Then we'll go out to dinner somewhere.  After that, either a movie or homework, depending ....

• Like 5

took out recycling

mopped the cat's bathroom.  We've had two days on the new food and probiotics.  Here's hoping that it is helping him.  So far no problems so that's a good sign but he is intermittent so it's too soon to tell. 

went through the mail and have pulled all the bills out, and put other stuff to be shredded or junked.  And some to be filed.

now for lunch before the puppy play date.

• Like 3

Quick check-in

Morning at tournament- win at doubles, win at singles

Chick Fil-A pickup and home for a few hours.

Dh picked up the new cabinet- we moved it in and set up, cleaned up, etc Talked about the back yard

Next up: back to tournament for 2nd round doubles

Maybe pick up a chair?

• Like 3

Okay, checking in. 

...did school with DS15
...went and taught the 4 yr old
....woke up DS19, got him moving, talked with him about scheduling things better
...went to the grocery store with DH
...had lunch (chicken tenders)
...tried to nap, failed, b/c of *three* phone calls in 45 minutes. :sigh:
...started laundry (need to go move it to the dryer)
...eating a snack

Next up:
...sew??? I would like to get the back made for the butterfly quilt
...dinner: salmon, not breakfast, due to grocery run, so that means I cook
...DH and I need to leave about 8:15-8:30 for our late event (thus trying to nap late), so need to cook in time to eat in time to be done for that

• Like 2