Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Soooo tired.  Pack up more of the kitchen.  I am getting there.  I can't believe that a couple of days ago I thought that I was almost done.  This kitchen is like Mary Poppin's purse - how much stuff is actually in here?!

I am not sure if I will do the cat's bathroom mopping or the bunny cage cleaning.  I might do just enough bunny cage cleaning to stop the poop apocalypse. 

Dh won't be there for dinner which gives me a little bit of a break.

** call compound pharmacy in the morning. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

Slept poorly. Weary this morning. Blood sugar still running high and labs/doctor's appt are still a month away. 

Drop boy at school.  

Medical appt. scheduling for my mom.  

AHG Board mtg in Zoom  

Go get flags from our trailer 

Walmart for some camping items.

Drop off new flag for AHG Pioneer leading an event this weekend.  

Pick up Ds? No AHG today, so I could do this.

Get chx out of freezer.

Read another chapter of book for small group.

Call mom?

Dinner is?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Jean, I think my kitchen would be the same way. 

Scout, I'm so sorry you are having it rough! I am having a stressful week, not sleeping well, and am even feeling jittery inside. I pray we can both feel better soon. 

Ds finally took his driver license test and passed with a 100. We go Friday afternoon to get the actual license at the DMV. 

Done: dh off with breakfast and lunch, fed cat, online bible study groups, my breakfast and a cup of coffee, laundry in dryer

To Do:

• breakfast for boy and meals
  • pay bills
  • laundry
  • math with ds and him take his test
  • prep for classes tomorrow
  • teach two math classes this afternoon and possibly tutor a student tonight
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Happy October!🍁🍂🎃

Sorry about the sleeping troubles, Amy and Scout. I can relate. That awful jittery feeling is the worst!

• office work - why oh why have I gotten next to nothing accomplished this week?
  • text hay guys
  • heartworm preventative for dogs
  • no Schwan's delivery today - one of the drivers has Covid, so they canceled all deliveries in our area - but I think they are sending some of it via UPS? I should check on that, I guess.
  • deal with salad greens in fridge 
  • vacuum upstairs & clean bathrooms
  • dinner: ?? to be determined

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ugh! Any chance ya'all will slide in a nap today?

Woke up at 3:30 WIDE awake... still shockingly bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Finished all three FAFSAs this AM! (Feeling very accomplished!)
Thursdays are drive days.  Take kiddo to first class at 10AM.  Pick up other child.  Drive back.  Deliver lunch to first child. Drop off both.  
Park @ noon with oldest DD and three grandkids
Pick up kiddos at 1:20
Drive home - DD changes and take her to work and other DD to mock trial
Back home
Supper (Roast beef, my night, and going in crockpot! WIN!)
Be a veggie until pick up time from mock
Look for belt at consignment store
Pick up DD from work - @ 9.  
Sleep!

• Like 6

Good morning! It is chilly here (not as cold as Margaret's- I am just a wimp!). I am looking forward to a little heat in NM this weekend. 

• coffee/paper
  • clean behind stove- get dh and ds3 to move it for me
  • water yards- waiting for it to get warmer!
  • run a couple of errands- drop off slipper to get fixed, home depot, nursery, library
  • pick up rental car this afternoon
  • ds3: school, gym, club tennis
  • dh: tennis match
  • pack/leave instructions and reminders/ double check what dd2 wants me to bring
  • relax tonight and leave early in the am

Have a great day!

• Like 5

watered the yard, finished a library book, 95% packed, organized next quick sewing project, waiting for ds3 to come home so I can do errands. Also waiting for dh to have a break to drop him off at the rental place

Up next:

errands: shoe repair, library, Home Depot, nursery, pick up coffee grounds at Starbucks

pick up rental

later this afternoon: shower, crochet, sew a little, leave instructions for plants for dh

• Like 3

This is my busy/stressful day:

work 8-4:30

Therapy visit for foster son 5-6pm

call with foster son's mom (it is always stressful, never goes well, etc...often lasts 2 min. before we need to hang up.) 6:30-6:32 😜

Class tonight from 7-9pm

• Like 5

Howdy, happy October!  My favorite month! Of course it's been raining and hailing half of the day, but I'm sure "Indian Summer" will come soon.

Yesterday I had mega deadlines.  I believe I met them all ... unless I forgot anything ... but now I have to finish all the stuff I let slide while focusing on the deadlines.

My to-do's for today are pretty boring ... the highlights will be washing my hair and getting the kids ready for in-person school tomorrow.  But my bigger thing is to plan the weekend.  I have a lot of things I want / need to do and I'm not sure how to make it work.

My birthday is coming up, and I am called upon to say what I want to do.  But not really what I want to do.  What they want to hear is, what is my least disliked choice among the things they want to do for my birthday.  😕  They think we need to go out to eat, watch a movie, and stay together all day.  I really don't like any of those.  I want to go for a hike in the national park ... though the weather forecast is rain 😕 ... they say we'll all go ... none of them likes it, but I can't be alone on my birthday ... says them.  😛  I was also thinking maybe I should go see my mom, and they are like "we'll all go."  No!  That would just be stressful for my mom, which is not fun for me.  "Oh that's fine, we'll drop you off and go do something else for a while."  No, you really don't get it.  I am not doing a group visit at my mom's.  Ugh.  If I make a point of it, I hurt feelings - so mean of me, when all they want is for me to have a great birthday.

But what do I really want for my birthday?  I could really use a massage, but not while everyone has to wear a mask.  That would just give me a headache.  I would love to go to a live show, but nope.  So how about just a day when nobody tries to talk to me about politics, work, or my poor parenting?  Is it a deal?  We'll see ....

Done:

• Woke up in time to get the kids ready for 7:50 online school.  But most of their classes didn't happen ... the teachers didn't show up ... probably because it's 8th grade orientation day.
  • Sent out a bunch of invoices and other work emails.
  • Called the election people and figured something out.
  • Figured out some schedule confusion with school.
  • I'm on coffee 2 or 3 ?
  • Caught up on calendar, emails, news, and social media.

To do:

• Lots more client work.
  • Take a shower / hair wash.
  • Reading, yoga, walking, practice TKD form.
  • Take kid to horse riding.
  • (Kids' other evening activities are canceled due to weather.)
  • Make kids finish homework, study, pack bags, lay out clothes, take a shower, and go to bed on time to get up about 6:30am & go to school!
  • Work on planning the weekend.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

Back from the errands. Texted with dd2- she has a stuffy nose and the trainer has required her to go to urgent care and take a covid, strep and flu test. 

Seriously? And student health is closed on Thursdays. What?

She is exhausted (freshman get sick- I remember a time when it was not a level 3 emergency to have a stuffy nose). We are planning a weekend in the hotel room watching bad TV with me running out to get her good food. LIke a swim meet only with no swimming😂

Repotted 4 houseplants, now need to eat a late lunch.

• Like 5

Another not-so-productive day. Sigh. Got some laundry done, a little cleaning, a minuscule amount of work stuff. Did horse chores, etc. Tons of people have been calling with condolences for FIL dying, which is nice.

I have dinner partially prepped - decided on tacos.

• Like 4

Got most of the morning list done.
Dinner was sloppy joes and green salad. 
Ran some laundry and folded some. 
Emailed Ds' teachers some questions about grades or missing assignments.

Next up: fold and put away more laundry
discuss schoolwork with Ds

Read!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2