Menu

So this just happened in my town: KKK flag

MercyA

I live in a small town in northern Indiana. Last weekend, someone broke into an empty apartment in our downtown area and hung a KKK flag out the window above a new Mexican restaurant. When it was spotted, several residents tracked down someone who could get into the apartment and they ripped up the flag. I appreciate the sentiment, but it does seem like disturbing the scene would affect any investigation that might have taken place. 

I wish I could say I was surprised by this, but historically the Klan was in our area and I've been seeing tons of Confederate flags around in the last few years. 

I haven't seen anything about this on the news. Would you notify the media? 

• Sad 2

I don't think it would be helpful to call the media at this time.  It sounds like the neighbors took care of it quickly, and they'll continue to watch out for suspicious activity in case it happens again.

The reporters may still show up even if you're not the news tip person.   But I think it could possibly make the situation worse by encouraging copycatting by the attention-seeking troublemakers among us.

If you want to get involved, I'd support the new restaurant and then tell your friends about the great food they serve.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I did decide to contact the media. We'll see what happens.

And we will absolutely plan to support the restaurant when they open! Yay for Mexican food. 🙂  They were scheduled to open before the pandemic but never had a chance. I'm not sure if they are doing carryout or not.

• Like 3