Menu

Where to find everything we need to know about owning a travel trailer?

pitterpatter

For fun, you can watch the highs & lows of full-time RVers on youtube.

Less Junk More Journey, Keep your Daydream, etc.  They RoadSchool.  😉
Minimalist Mom family also rehabbed a TT.
We have ZERO experience, but it seems like the older TTs have hidden rot.
But this really is a great time in history to buy one!  🙂

(And yes, I just jumped into this Thread w/o any knowledge to share!)

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 2

Listen to the RV Atlas podcast and join the facebook group (full disclosure: I've been on the podcast a few times, so I'm biased, but I listened to it way before that). 

We were supposed to be doing a big Michigan trip this summer; we canceled it, but have done a couple short trips closer to home instead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beth S said:

We have ZERO experience, but it seems like the older TTs have hidden rot.

Damage from water leaks is a pretty big issue with all RVs. Caulk/lap sealant/Eternabond tape -- they're things you keep on hand when you have an RV. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KungFuPanda said:

I could never make the numbers make sense for my family, but I LOVE looking at floor plans and videos online. 

My DH is addicted to videos on utube and programs on TV. My dad for many, many years bought magazines. Ultimately it will be a no in both cases due to cost but it is fun to daydream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kokotg said:

Listen to the RV Atlas podcast and join the facebook group (full disclosure: I've been on the podcast a few times, so I'm biased, but I listened to it way before that). 

We were supposed to be doing a big Michigan trip this summer; we canceled it, but have done a couple short trips closer to home instead.

If you do a big Michigan trip in the future, let me know.  Would love to meet up or give a few tips based on where you are going 

• Like 2

My parents own a fifth wheel and take extended trips with it. I know they belong to a Facebook group for their particular brand (Grand Design), where they get all kinds of info:  how to long-term it, where rallies are held, common issues and repairs, etc. Some of the company execs frequent the board and contribute. 

• Like 1

We took a wonderful trip through Michigan a couple of years ago...Sleeping Bear Dunes, Holland, a beach with smooth gray stones (no Petoskey stones), Fort Michilimackinac, Mackinac Island, a lighthouse, the town known for cherries, a couple of parks with waterfalls in the UP, Frederik Meijer Gardens, and more. It was such a fabulous trip (minus the swarms of mosquitoes and crazy black flies). If we go north again, we'll probably try the Wisconsin side, but Michigan is definitely tempting. We have very found memories.

ETA: I know you were replying to kokotg, but I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the trip. Lol.

20 hours ago, Ottakee said:

If you do a big Michigan trip in the future, let me know.  Would love to meet up or give a few tips based on where you are going

Edited by pitterpatter

2 hours ago, pitterpatter said:

We took a wonderful trip through Michigan a couple of years ago...Sleeping Bear Dunes, Holland, a beach with smooth gray stones (no Petoskey stones), Fort Michilimackinac, Mackinac Island, a lighthouse, the town known for cherries, a couple of parks with waterfalls in the UP, Frederik Meijer Gardens, and more. It was such a fabulous trip (minus the swarms of mosquitoes and crazy black flies). If we go north again, we'll probably try the Wisconsin side, but Michigan is definitely tempting. We have very found memories.

ETA: I know you were replying to kokotg, but I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the trip. Lol.

Yep...I know most of those places and have been to most of them.  I grew up in Holland.