Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Happy Friday everyone!

Dinner: Pork shoulder - smoked it yesterday and it's in the crockpot for tonight!

80% chance of rain today and rain expected for the next week solid - not ideal for gardening today. 

Coffee & Bible with kiddos
Breakfast

To Do:
Varnish trim (me)
Paint kitchen baseboard trim (me)
Finish security doors (me)

Prime the front door sidelites (DD18)
Repot the plant of no hope (me)
Dig up the mini lilac bushes and find them a home... Day 5? (I don't know where I want them so I keep procrastinating (DS15)
Have girls plant lily bulbs (DD17 & DD13)
Address graduation invites (DD18)

Respond to AHG request
Order Address labels
and pick up
laundry

Edited by BlsdMama
  • Like 6

Good morning! 

Ds to/from swim practice

Walk

Drop off a small gift for mom

Mail a package

Organize tutoring papers

Organize AHG papers and do some computer work

Call mom

Take dd to return some gift clothing items that don't fit or don't suit her. 

Family birthday party for a nephew whi is turning 16. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Happy anniversary, Jean!

I agree with Kelly, dinner out!

My bible study groups are done and the coffee just finished. I'm headed to get a cup after this post.

• meals
  • quick Facetime with my summer student since she's at the beach and has a question on her homework
  • more co-op class planning
  • got in my new drawing pen and tablet, so I need to practice with it (using it to write on the whiteboard I can share in Zoom)
  • talk ds into playing a game or two and maybe watching a movie (Dh is still out of town, so it's just me and him here.)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all!

Happy anniversary, Jean! 

My to do list today:
...coffee
...have a visit from the family whose dog we are pet-sitting
...lunch: chicken tenders & pasta salad
...work on a different sewing project than yesterday
...dinner: chicken, rice, veggies; will probably throw the chicken in the crockpot here shortly
...laundry: fold the load from the dryer, wash/dry a load
...write/send a card to the bday month friend
...tonight: probably video games for the guys, sewing/hanging out for me
...put away/reorganize all my school stuff that's somehow piled up in my bedroom again (at some point)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlsdMama said:

Christina, are you nervous about the CPAP? DH and I were just talking about his and how hard it was to adjust.  He just got a new one and it's quiet - I miss the whoosh of the machine! He can't sleep without it now.  ❤️ 

I have had it for about a month and a half.  I was a failure with it because I was taking it off during sleep and also I get up and didn't want to turn on lights.  I talked with the NP and I am on a starting week 2 of a six week program to get my body to accept the CPAP.  I am calling today because the instructions she gave me on the phone are not what she sent and I can\t figure it out on my machine.  Also, I am using the nose kind and I don't know if there is an issue with my normal breathe in and out of my nose if I am wearing the CPAP in my nose.

• Like 4

logged fasting bloodsugars once I bullied my meter into syncing with my phone app.  I don't know why it freezes up sometimes but I have to turn it off and on multiple times to get it to wake up and sync.

fed Neko  and Juliet

premedicated

fed myself

medicated myself

medicated Juliet

logged food, water, carbs

PT - lower body workout today

made bed

showered and dressed

brushed teeth

• Like 4

It has been storming on and off here all day.

Ds21, dd, and I had a brief, clear window to do evening chores and were just headed out when our grain delivery showed up. By the time that got unloaded, it was thundering like crazy again, so we sprinted through chores.

Dh and the kids got the cars situated in case there is hail tonight. We have 6 vehicles (one for each of us plus ds21's project truck) and only 2 garage spaces, so some of them have to get covered with tarps.

Our lab Ollie, who is sweet as can be but not the brightest bulb, is barking his head off at the tarps, even though he saw them being put on. He is convinced there are big scary monsters in our driveway... 

• Like 3

One of our dogs is about as bright as Ollie, it sounds like. Ours won't come in a door he didn't go out of; it's like he forgets the other door exists. So, the dogs have a dog door to the back yard, which they use freely to come in & out. BUT, if he follows you outside through the human door (in a different location, as their door goes through the garage, ours is off the living room), he will NOT go back inside when he's ready via the dog door. 

So, he'll follow DH out while DH wants to do yard chores. Dog will get hot, bored, hungry, whatever, and go sit, patiently, at the back door (for the humans), waiting to be let back in the house. Even though he has a dog door, that he's likely used off & on all that very day, that he could use to go back inside. 

Even if his "sister" goes in (via the dog door) w/o him. 

He is something else, that dog. Good thing we love him!

• Like 3

Got almost nothing done on my list today. Will try again tomorrow. 

Just got home from outdoor family party at MIL's. Tedious, but I didn't have to make dinner

Trying to think through solutions to my newest CV19 problem/loss. Our charter church is not going to let our AHG troop (or many of their own ministries - they aren't picking on us) use the building for the forseeable future. We'll find a way, but it's gonna be a ton of work and stress and frustration. 

I haven't seen my mom since February 12. She lives 11 miles from me and is horribly lonely. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2