Menu

AP Exam "Parent" Webinar this Thursday--4/16/20

There will be a parent webinar "Helping Your Student Prepare for AP Exams" this Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. Here is a link where you can register for that: https://globalmeet.webcasts.com/viewer/event.jsp?ei=1302024&tp_key=73070ccd21

Edited by Brigid in NC
Update new link (nothing with CB can be easy . . . it worked before)
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, kathy_overman said:

I had trouble with the link - anyone else?

I updated the link in the original post, and here it is again: https://globalmeet.webcasts.com/viewer/event.jsp?ei=1302024&tp_key=73070ccd21

I'm not sure why it stopped working. I hope this one works for you. If not, try going here first and scrolling down the the "register" button: https://woodinville.nsd.org/n/~board/whs-news/post/preparing-for-ap-exams-register-now-for-college-board-webinar-set-for-april-16-400pm

Both links work for me now. I hope they do for you! ☀️

• Like 1

I think the webinar is available online now. Some points that were not covered before that I remembered were

1. Students should be prepared not to finish all the questions in the time given and that is ok.

2. Students should not rely on their books though they will have access to them but the time is too short to be going through books

3. No one should be there in the room and no checking online chat rooms while the exam is going on. 
4. students that don’t take either exams will have their payments refunded to them. College board does not collect the exam fees until after the exams 

5. results will delayed by a week late as they will be transmitted to scorers and then also sent to teachers to confirm that it is in line with what students have been doing during the year. 

Edited by Lilaclady
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lilaclady said:

I think the webinar is available online now. Some points that were not covered before that I remembered were

1. Students should be prepared not to finish all the questions in the time given and that is ok.

2. Students should not rely on their books though they will have access to them but the time is too short to be going through books

3. No one should be there in the room and no checking online chat rooms while the exam is going on. 
4. students that don’t take either exams will have their payments refunded to them. College board does not collect the exam fees until after the exams 

5. results will delayed by a week late as they will be transmitted to scorers and then also sent to teachers to confirm that it is in line with what students have been doing during the year. 

I missed it. Did they say what happens with students who are exam only?  Where do theirs get sent?

16 hours ago, Lilaclady said:

Both my kids are taking environmental science. They both use the living room as the study area. Guess oldest would have to use the bedroom. Our dining room is a “junkyard”.

I watched the webinar and didn’t notice if CollegeBoard mentioned how they are going to verify IDs for exams. Do you remember if it’s mentioned?

No they did not. He did not want to say too much so that students that want to cheat don’t try to work around security but I think they may use a room scanner where they will ask the student to take a 360 picture of the room to check that there is no one else there. 

also, he did say that students all over the world will be taking the exams at the same time so some like those in the Southern Hemisphere May be taking it at 1am and they can choose to either take the make up or forgo it. 

• Thanks 1