Menu

need side sleeper pillow recommendations

caedmyn

Can anyone recommend a good side sleeper pillow for a smaller woman?  It seems like a lot of them are too tall, maybe intended for men or bigger women.  I'm tired of waking up with a stiff/sore neck.  I currently have a lumbar memory foam pillow which is a little awkward, and another memory foam pillow-shaped pillow, which would be great except that the sides are slightly sloped and I don't seem to sleep directly in the center which means my head ends up tilting downward which makes my neck sore.  I've tried down pillows and firm pillows and not found anything quite right.

I'm very small and I LOVE my latex foam pillow. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond but I'm not sure they carry that same kind any more. There are lots on Amazon. Mine is a solid piece of foam, but you might also consider the shredded ones that you can adjust by removing/adding some of the filling.

• Like 1

my favorite pillow is filled with millet.  You can add and subtract filling and smoosh it around to provide the right amount of support wherever you need it.  Buckwheat is similar.  There are also pillows that have wool on one side and millet on the other.  

We love our latex pillows here, too! I am side/tummy sleeper. I have found them and BB&B and also Macy's. Just be aware that they can come in different densities/firmness. I like the softer ones But yes--definitely try out latex pillows. 

Edited by popmom
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Ahah, this pink cube can hardly be called a pillow. Seriously, this is the most awkward thing I've seen. The pillow should be soft and free of sharp corners. In general, I noticed that most of the pillows are very uncomfortable and besides, most of them are made of artificial materials that heat up quickly. I recently bought one awesome pillow and the Milliard Reading Pillow is the best and most comfortable pillow I've used. I learned about it from the top of the best reading pillows and I did not regret choosing this particular model.

Edited by AdrianClark1hv

This is the one I use and love. Doesn't appear to be available anymore but there are others by the same company on Amazon. What I like is that I was able to remove shredded latex filling to make the pillow the exact size that works for me. I kept the extra shredded foam in case I ever need to add or trade it. I also love the way the pillow plumps so that my head and ear fit perfectly and feel comfortable. When I was first looking at it, I watched several videos about it. I've had it 3 years.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTAIY84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1