Menu

Local gift idea needed

BlsdMama

So it’s a (horrible) tradition that I generally make at least one item. One year I dyed Waldorf silks, once I made a teepee, several years dress up clothing. 

This year, two pioneer dresses for my Little House fanatics - ages 6 & 8. They’re cut out. My husband is begging me to break tradition - you know, the one where I stay up until 5am seeing to complete them? Then nap in the morning. I get it, I do. 

I do NOT last minute shop. Not ever. But I thought I’d be further on these dresses than I am. We had three days at Mayo unexpectedly last week and it blew the schedule and I can’t sit for hours to sew at one time. 

So - what to get?!?!

I’m at an absolute loss. They are girls #7 & #8. I do have little metal cups, knitted red mittens, and peppermint sticks for the stocking. 😉

Edited by BlsdMama

Can you find bonnets (already made) for the girls to open, and then give them the dresses as a “learn to sew with Ma” gift basket? 

Any stuffed animal were a hit with my girls that age. Also remote control cars, scooters, wave board, etc.

I’m sorry this week didn’t go as you had planned. 

• Like 1

Do you have the LH TV series in a format they can enjoy?  We had a couple of LH seasons on DVD back in the day, but I am sure there is a way to download or buy them now if they're not already on a streaming service.

Kids' cookbooks?  There is even a LH cookbook, although it is unlikely to be at your local bookstore.

A written coupon good for “make something together with mama” after Christmas.  For example to dye play silks together.  Or to sew or knit or quilt something together.  I think that do it together would be as good (probably better) gift than a hand made by you alone item.  They can participate in choosing the project too.  It could even be a learning thing for all of you.