Menu

Help me get rid of dark under eye circles

Alicia64

Hi Everyone,

I've tried the concealer everyone recommends from Tape I think. I've also tried a color corrector in yellow from Lancome. I've spent money and nothing helps.

So far nothing has worked. I think it's age.

If I were to spend bucks to do something more drastic, what would I do? Injections? Laser? Chemical peel? I don't know anything about these procedures but I'm starting to get desperate. I should add that I have really sensitive skin. Also it's possible that gaining ten pounds might somewhat fix the problem, but I'd rather not.

TIA!

Wendy

I've tried all kinds of things but mine are both allergy related and hereditary. No lifestyle changes will get rid of them so my best bet is to try and minimize them plus conceal them. I'm currently using Bye Bye Under Eye (I think I heard about it here) as well as a concealer by Benefit that I bought at Ulta. I went in and told them about my dark circles, and that's what they recommended. It has good coverage but I don't think anything will totally make them disappear. 

Bye Bye Under Eye I just got this 2 weeks ago and am starting to see a difference. I use it morning and evening

Cakeless Concealer

- get good sleep each night
- be sure you are staying hydrated
- reduce/cut out alcohol
- reduce salt intake
- look into the possibility of a food allergy (wheat, corn, and dairy are big ones)
- rather than rubbing your eyes (as we age, skin thins, and rubbing is more likely to cause breaking of tiny blood vessels and pooling of blood to create shadows), use cold cucumber slices 2x/day to cool skin which reduces blood vessels right at the surface, and also relaxes your eyes, so not so much a need for rubbing

Also, check out this article: "How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Permanently." The title is misleading (because it's not always possible to permanently be rid of dark circles if they are heredity-related), but the main idea is solid -- to know how to treat it, figure out the cause first -- and it lists some home remedies, as well as some medical procedures.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Alicia64 said:

Also it's possible that gaining ten pounds might somewhat fix the problem, but I'd rather not.

6 hours ago, Alicia64 said:

I'm over 50 and thin. I think it's one or both of those things.

My slightly overweight cousin (ETA: he is 59) has “panda eyes” whenever he is stressed. It fades away after the stressful period is over. I’m underweight and I rarely get eye shadow or eye bags. My DS13 gets eye shadow when he didn’t have a good night sleep. Once DS13 catch up on quality of sleep, it disappears by itself.

My aunt uses chilled used tea bags (after brewing Lipton tea) or chilled cucumber slices for eyes. She gets eye bags but not eye shadows. It’s relatively safe compared to commercial eye moisturizer lotion.

Edited by Arcadia